Uwell Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covers

Feb 14, 2011
Toronto
Pliers didn't work for me however a Dremel did. Now it fits and couldn't be happier. For those that are wondering I can confirm the base just under the afc is removable as I do see an oring there, too bad I wasn't able to get it off though. That way would have been ideal. Anyhow Jonner Thanks for your help and input!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Reactions: ThunderDan

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Just ordered two packs of .25 coils. thanks for the link. use dthe code ILOVEYOU and it took .80 off with shipping was still under 20 bucks. Which is great as around here every store that sells thes coils has a price of 20 or higher for a 4 pack.
Yeah, even up by me they want $16-20 for a 4 pack, no thanks. Got 4 packs for under $30 from ecig.com back in Dec.

Reactions: Tpat591

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
e.cig.com has Crown coils for $7.99...bought a bunch last night.

I think the tanks were $21.99.
Let us know how that goes. e-cig.com isn't the same as ecig.com
e-cig.com is the one with so many bad reviews.
ecig.com = good, e-cig.com = not good IIRC

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Back of Vape Royalty packaging receipt & sweet mod sleeves from Valentino Villa | Facebook

The Crown Coil boxes I received in today's VR vapemail have anti-counterfeit codes in them :thumb:

12493805_1730244117206411_2488327141971735374_o.jpg

Reactions: Fullknight

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
Reuleaux DNA200 and the same coils that I have not changed used to be on a Hohm Wrecker 151.

Current settings are 150 watts TC, 580F, very brief pre-heat.

Same as yours nearly, 0.15 Ni 36w TC, 315C, this is where things get strange as 600F is the same temp as 315C but I get the perfect vape at this setting much better than 600F. Coil just keeps on going and going, I have two one the go one is a custard the other mint both have sweetener....great coils

Reactions: sd3614

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I pulled out a new Crown RBA and installed it in my black Crown. Used the pre-installed .25ohm coil, wicked it with my Sally's Cellucotton rayon, made sure the RBA was properly sealed, removed and reinstalled the gaskets, top filled it and it hasn't leaked in 3-4 hours. That is impressive as my two Crowns have always leaked like sieves. ;)

Hopefully it holds up.....

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I pulled out a new Crown RBA and installed it in my black Crown. Used the pre-installed .25ohm coil, wicked it with my Sally's Cellucotton rayon, made sure the RBA was properly sealed, removed and reinstalled the gaskets, top filled it and it hasn't leaked in 3-4 hours. That is impressive as my two Crowns have always leaked like sieves. ;)

Hopefully it holds up.....
Nope. Leaking even worse after the first top filling. Literally dripping juice out the airflow holes if not perfectly upright.

Great flavor and vape, but I'm done with Uwell. These 2 Crowns will never leave my house again. Too bad.

Fullknight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
Oklahoma
Nope. Leaking even worse after the first top filling. Literally dripping juice out the airflow holes if not perfectly upright.

Great flavor and vape, but I'm done with Uwell. These 2 Crowns will never leave my house again. Too bad.
I have 2 Black Crowns, Great Tanks. Neither of mine have ever leaked.
I only fill from the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'm not sure if that's the secret or not. I top fill all the time and have no leaks but I use stock coils, so I wonder if the RBA is making yours and others leak.
One has a prebuilt coil.

I honestly think I just got 2 from a bad batch. My buddy that works at the B&M where I got them has 3 Crowns from the same shipment and they all leak. 100% authentic as well.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
One has a prebuilt coil.

I honestly think I just got 2 from a bad batch. My buddy that works at the B&M where I got them has 3 Crowns from the same shipment and they all leak. 100% authentic as well.

I thought about that too that some batches got to market. I know some Chinese manufactures are hit and miss with quality control.

Reactions: BreSha6869

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
this has to be the best tank yet imo. much better to fill than triton 2. great build quality. taste is the best of any tank imo. at 560f, 120w aggressive preheat the ni200 is blowing clouds comparable to the 4 coil kanthal tfv4. i am not sure it is meant to be set this high but taste is great and clouds are huge. of course the only downside is the amount of juice i am going through. i do feel it is better than tfv4 and certainly herakles. the triton 2 is old news.

other than that i must have got a good one. threads are great. does condensate a little at the air inlet but not leaking. just moisture. things just keep getting better. to me this is the best tank yet and i do have all four i mentioned above. good thing it is easy to fill because this high it is gobbling juice. clouds actually don't impress me much. the taste is outstanding this imo. ymmv. of course i hear there are duds as well. i only top fill. i did not even know you could bottom fill this. i wouldn't. rather leave it on the mod and filling is a breeze. holes are so big i can even pour from a glass bottle with no spout. mine does not leak at all. overall i think this is the best tank yet. there is little need for rba/rda anymore except savings. not much though because these coils last three weeks by me.

Gfdeputy2

Sep 5, 2015
New Hampshire or New Vapeshire
@nic_fix I am with you love mine too & no issues with any of mine
my coils last months as I stated before I clean mine every week to every other week
I have the RBA but I only use it for testing my DIY batches no complaints what so ever though I am not sure I will be getting the new Rafale there are a few things I don't like about it

Reactions: Hyperspace

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
this has to be the best tank yet imo. much better to fill than triton 2. great build quality. taste is the best of any tank imo. at 560f, 120w aggressive preheat the ni200 is blowing clouds comparable to the 4 coil kanthal tfv4. i am not sure it is meant to be set this high but taste is great and clouds are huge. of course the only downside is the amount of juice i am going through. i do feel it is better than tfv4 and certainly herakles. the triton 2 is old news.

other than that i must have got a good one. threads are great. does condensate a little at the air inlet but not leaking. just moisture. things just keep getting better. to me this is the best tank yet and i do have all four i mentioned above. good thing it is easy to fill because this high it is gobbling juice. clouds actually don't impress me much. the taste is outstanding this imo. ymmv. of course i hear there are duds as well. i only top fill. i did not even know you could bottom fill this. i wouldn't. rather leave it on the mod and filling is a breeze. holes are so big i can even pour from a glass bottle with no spout. mine does not leak at all. overall i think this is the best tank yet. there is little need for rba/rda anymore except savings. not much though because these coils last three weeks by me.
Most duds are a result of a lack of patience and understanding of early owners but in fairness a lot of bad coils did reach the marketplace due to bad qc implementation.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
the rafale reminds me of the herakles which i do not care for. anything with a shutoff is not for me. just personal feeling. also, in fact i figure it is harder to fill. unlikely you spill on the crown. the rafale you could easily spill right at the top. i think right now this is my favorite tank and i hate to say i have almost all of them. for one thing this puts the triton 2 to shame. the threads seem fragile but they are actually great. i have never cross threaded being careful. very quick to fill. i am not so lazy that i do not need to unscrew a cap. it is not tight like the triton either. removes with no effort. this is what i am using out of all of them for now. every time i think these cannot get better they do. they may have reached a point here though. this is hard to beat.

Reactions: Hyperspace

jwbrint

May 26, 2012
Addison, TX
I have been using my crown tank for about two months now without issue using the coils that came with it originally. I needed some more coils so I got a 4 pack of 0.25 coils and ever since using these my tank has been leaking around the bottom of the AFC ring. Sometimes it's just a little but other times it's all over my mod. I replaced the o-ring at the top fill part and the o-ring where the coil meets the base and it didn't help. I tried closing the air holes when filling and that seemed to make the issue worse. Went back to leaving the air flow open but only filling the tank about 1ml short and it seems to help some but still leaks. I never had this issue until using the new coils. Same with my wife's UC tank. Hers never leaked but after switching out her latest coil it is starting to leak also.

I love this tank and just ordered another one for each of us along with a pack of extra coils. I'm hoping that we got a batch of coils that just wick too much and is causing my leaking. I vape 70+ to Max VG juice most of the time.

When it does leak, it doesn't come out the air flow holes so much as coming out from under the AFC ring. I'm thinking that I may have a vacuum issue going on but I'm just not sure how to figure out where it is coming from and to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread