Uwell Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
i got a new stainless crown today. two of things of interest. seems they have improved the threads. i never had an issue anyways but they are smoother. it is also not leaking like previous ones did. i mean out the air vent.

acrylic barrel cannot handle high temps plus i would rather see how much juice i have. so in retrospect that was pretty but stupid. i am no longer going to recommend the justhatip competition tip with this. you do want this wide open at the tip. for one thing many people found the price stupid. i will now recommend the glass copa tip. still many may find it expensive at $25 or so. it does not get hot and has nearly zero restriction at the 510.

this is still the tank to beat right now imo. especially since apparently they very recently have made improvements to it. this thing is just great. now with no leaks i am simply loving it. before i had juice running down my sleeve with four of them. looks like they solved that.

Supersonic46

May 3, 2016
Been reading this thread now for the past couple of days, yes that's how long it's taken me. I'm on my 3rd .25 crown coil in the space of 10days. I'm only getting about 30ml/3 days out these before i get dry burns.

I've done the whole priming thing until it's fully saturated then leaving to sit for 2 hours to soak before cranking up wattage slowly.

I vape about 85w and the flavour is amazing. After the 2nd or 3rd tank i need to pierce a few holes in the cotton to help with wicking and it vapes like a dream for a few days. Then dry hits.

One thing i have noticed is that when i take a coil apart the cotton seems fine, slightly discolored with the colour of the juice but no scorching. The actual SS coil on the other hand has black gunk all around.

I know the juice I'm using (donuts by donuts) is responsible for this but I absolutely love it. As far as i can tell the black gunk on the SS is caramelized sugar which is burning to give me dry hits.

As i said before, the cotton is fine just a little yellow from the juice but the coil is crusted black.

So my question is this...

How can i get my coils to last longer than 3 days without stopping using the juice I love?

Is there a safe way of cleaning the metal coil?

Everywhere i've read people's cotton seems to be going black but mine isnt its just the metal that is.

Thanks in advance.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Been reading this thread now for the past couple of days, yes that's how long it's taken me. I'm on my 3rd .25 crown coil in the space of 10days. I'm only getting about 30ml/3 days out these before i get dry burns.

I've done the whole priming thing until it's fully saturated then leaving to sit for 2 hours to soak before cranking up wattage slowly.

I vape about 85w and the flavour is amazing. After the 2nd or 3rd tank i need to pierce a few holes in the cotton to help with wicking and it vapes like a dream for a few days. Then dry hits.

One thing i have noticed is that when i take a coil apart the cotton seems fine, slightly discolored with the colour of the juice but no scorching. The actual SS coil on the other hand has black gunk all around.

I know the juice I'm using (donuts by donuts) is responsible for this but I absolutely love it. As far as i can tell the black gunk on the SS is caramelized sugar which is burning to give me dry hits.

As i said before, the cotton is fine just a little yellow from the juice but the coil is crusted black.

How can i get my coils to last longer than 3 days without stopping using the juice I love?

Everywhere i've read people's cotton seems to be going black but mine isnt its just the metal that is.

Thanks in advance.
It's the juice, I have some juice I enjoy but it just gunks up my coils also. Doesn't matter if it's stock coils or my own coils I build in the Crown or my RTA's like the Griffin, some juice just is hard on coils. Advantage with building your own coils is you can clean and rewick. Some juice I have to rewick every other day.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Supersonic46

May 3, 2016
It's the juice, I have some juice I enjoy but it just gunks up my coils also. Doesn't matter if it's stock coils or my own coils I build in the Crown or my RTA's like the Griffin, some juice just is hard on coils. Advantage with building your own coils is you can clean and rewick. Some juice I have to rewick every other day.

Yeah that's what i thought. I love the juice and dont really want to give it up.

I've never used the rba deck i've heard it leaks like crazy.

Is there a safe way to cleaning the coil? I've heard mixed reports on using vodka and boiling water.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I have terrible leaking from my RBA section. I've been trying to contact Uwell directly but they want me to send the RBA to them to examine to see if it is a "counterfeit" and if it is not, they will send me a new one, if it is, they will send mine back to me. This tank is a royal pain in my ....

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal

Thanks in advance.
I've been using these coils for a long time, and I don't think I've ever had more than 30 mls out of one!

I have terrible leaking from my RBA section. I've been trying to contact Uwell directly but they want me to send the RBA to them to examine to see if it is a "counterfeit" and if it is not, they will send me a new one, if it is, they will send mine back to me. This tank is a royal pain in my ....

I never use the RBA - yes, it does leak!

Supersonic46

May 3, 2016
Thanks for that everyone.

I guess the next logical step for me is to get an RTA, that way I can change out the wick when my favorite juices gunk it up. I cant hold out to the price of crown coils for it only to last 30ml.

Shame really, when the crown works i really love the flavor it gives.

And suggestions on a good RTA for a flavor chaser? Bearing in mind i've never built before so not something that's really complicated. I dont mind putting in the research to learn though.

learnincurve

Jun 1, 2016
Derbyshire, UK.
Hellos I signed up because I was double checking some resistances and this thread came up. I'm running 3 crowns and just want to reply to a few bits of confusion I've been seeing all in one go :)

First of all if your tank is leaking it's most likely the bottom O ring, 2/3 of them were bad right out of the box and were fine when changed with the spare. Leaking with the RBA is a problem with not packing the wick enough. 50/50 juice is fine. There is a oddity with the crown thing on the bottom where if you hit it you consume much less juice but you shorten the life of the coil. If you want to change juice then it's perfectly safe to tip the unused juice back into the bottle.

The stainless steel coils have nickel legs, which throws TC off on a lot of devices, some people have reported that setting it to nickel works for them, others stick to wattage. The only mod/coil I use on SS is the 0.25 coils on a RX200, the readings are off but consistently off, sweet spot on this combination is high at 540f with a ramp up of 100W .

Sweet spot for 0.25 on wattage is 85-90W, the flavour kicks in at 70W

Sweet spot for the 0.5 duel coils is 68W.

Sweet spot for the 1.2 ohm coils is 35 watts, there is a second nice spot at 28W.

All three of those coils guzzle juice, the 0.25 more than others and it eats battery, it really does have the nicest flavour but it's one for the home brewers. People are complaining about the lack of vapour on the 1.2, this is one of the reasons it was made. They have tried to compromise with flavour and smoke for lower wattage devices and it ain't bad, and much better than you would get with a vape pen or something like the isubs with the old 0.2 single coil which were also designed for the 30Ws. It still drinks juice so stick to 6mg/3mg nicotine. I've found the stronger berry flavours like 7 deadly sins sloth are perfect for 30W, your delicate flavours like Neapolitan ice cream are not going to hit as hard.

The coils can be hit and miss, I've found it's the juice that effects coil life more than anything, best I can tell the sweeter the flavour the quicker it goes black. Only way to really tell exactly which one it is is by having a group of home brewers do experiments with combinations.

aand breath.

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    My Crown is still running like a champ. I've never had a single issue with this tank or the .25 coils. The RBA on the other hand is stored away with all my atty boxes, etc. It's just not feasible to put a decent build in it. I will be experimenting with the TFV4 Clapton RBA. I won't be putting any Clapton coils in it. Maybe spaced 24g K-A1.

Reactions: Mowgli

r055co

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    I've been using these coils for a long time, and I don't think I've ever had more than 30 mls out of one!

I never use the RBA - yes, it does leak!
    I've got 2 RBA decks and zero issues with leaking. You just need to wick it right. Took me a few builds but I finally got it down. Use a 2mm di and pancake wicking, works like a charm.

Reactions: AmandaD

r055co

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    My Crown is still running like a champ. I've never had a single issue with this tank or the .25 coils. The RBA on the other hand is stored away with all my atty boxes, etc. It's just not feasible to put a decent build in it. I will be experimenting with the TFV4 Clapton RBA. I won't be putting any Clapton coils in it. Maybe spaced 24g K-A1.
    I use 30x2/36 SS fused Clapton in mine or a 32x4/36, awesome flavor.

Jonner

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    IMHO, this is still the #1 Tank, the king, still wears the Crown. I like some others (Griffin, Serpent Mini) but I always return to this one. I was going to buy the Crown II but I decided to stock up on coils before the regs hit, I bought authentic coils on Fasttech for a great price, might have to order more with the recent tax in PA.

CrownCoils.JPG

r055co

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    IMHO, this is still the #1 Tank, the king, still wears the Crown. I like some others (Griffin, Serpent Mini) but I always return to this one. I was going to buy the Crown II but I decided to stock up on coils before the regs hit, I bought authentic coils on Fasttech for a great price, might have to order more with the recent tax in PA.

View attachment 580775
    Get the RBA deck, that's pretty much all I run on it. What works for me is a 2mm di coil and pancake wicking. No leaks or dry hits. I will put a 30x2/36 SS fused Clapton in and flavor really comes out. A little bit of a tighter air flow but still an awesome vape.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    So anyone using Crown 2? Hear Even after the Third version of the new coils it still isn't any better than the original Crown.

I have the v2. Flavor is about the same as the v1. Coils are better, they don't pop like the v1 coils. I think the big reason to get is if you want to use the .8ohm coils to conserve juice and battery life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread