Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I have the v2. Flavor is about the same as the v1. coils are better, they don't pop like the v1 coils. I think the big reason to get is if you want to use the .8ohm coils to conserve juice and battery life.
I'm a TC Vaper so the 0.8s wont work for me. Got 5 crowns and I'm amazed I can buy the V2 cheaper than the V1 right now.

Are you using the pearl coils?

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Can you upload a picture of your v3 coil?
I don't have them, but have learned that they have just rolled out the second redesign of the coils in response to Mark Fagan's video trouncing of their 1st redesign. All explained in this video I just watched when considering buying the tank for $17.50.

V3 body is ss

Last edited:
Reactions: Pen Vaper

CloudyDaySupply

Unresolved Status
Jul 25, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Reactions: Mowgli

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Kind of you to reply to a question asked a year and 3 mo ago. Guessing you are having trouble with the website displaying last unread post for this thread as well.
I saw that cloudydayspammer answered that post so I answered it better without checking the date. My bad.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I saw that cloudydayspammer answered that post so I answered it better without checking the date. My bad.
Almost did it a few times myself when it was supposed to display latest post and instead showed 1st. Sometimes get that funky behavior especially in this thread.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
After nearly one year I am retiring 2 Crown tanks that each only required maybe 4 coil changes each. The past few months things was getting too leaky. What a journey with the Crown.

I see there is a new TFV8 out and a Crown 2... However I have a S!@# ton of coils for my Crown I...... what shall I do? :)

Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
After nearly one year I am retiring 2 Crown tanks that each only required maybe 4 coil changes each. The past few months things was getting too leaky. What a journey with the Crown.

I see there is a new TFV8 out and a Crown 2... However I have a S!@# ton of coils for my Crown I...... what shall I do? :)
I bought two Crowns back in January, used two Ni200 stock coils (I also bought a box of Ni200 coils too) and I bought three RBAs and I have used the RBAs ever since. They are still working like new today. In fact, I am vaping on one of them right at the moment. :)

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Replace the offending & worn o-rings that are causing them to leak and keep right on using them? Not like there are an awful lot of them.

Awful lot of what? Yes I change them, but it seems more often and more often the longer I keep using the tank. I mean I've got my money out of them. I still have a new one left but 2 DNA200, wondering to maybe spin off to a new design on at least one of them.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Awful lot of what? Yes I change them, but it seems more often and more often the longer I keep using the tank. I mean I've got my money out of them. I still have a new one left but 2 DNA200, wondering to maybe spin off to a new design on at least one of them.
The Crown is a damn fine tank, even the Crown 2 can be argued as not being it's equal. Retiring them would be a shame. I'm not telling you not to buy more tanks.

What you need are more mods to put them on!

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
The Crown is a damn fine tank, even the Crown 2 can be argued as not being it's equal. Retiring them would be a shame. I'm not telling you not to buy more tanks.

What you need are more mods to put them on!

Well I have around 50 coils so it will live on. It is a damn fine tank, if you look on page #2 of of this thread I was one of the 1st to get my hands on it and since then though I'm not around the forum as much as I used to be, but I have always been a huge advocate that this is tone of the best tanks. The Magnus and the Starre Gen 1 will compete on flavor but not power (better than there later incarnations Gen 2 and so on). The TFV4 I thought maybe for a minute hand it, but the top fill design sucked.

Just having 2 Crowns on my 2 DNA's I have room to maybe try something else one one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread