Uwell crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
My crown has a flooding problem but it's possible that the mix is thin enough that it wicks so fast that there is no choice but for it to flood will have more information this weekend when I can get some high vg e-juice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is possible, it for sure happens on the TFV4 quad coil on 1st fill. I have never gotten a Crown to flood and I have 5 of them now. I also never close the air vent when filling.

Ultimately I do use 80-90VG and outside of break in 80 watts on average. Thin juice, low power "could" cause a flood.

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS
This is possible, it for sure happens on the TFV4 quad coil on 1st fill. I have never gotten a Crown to flood and I have 5 of them now. I also never close the air vent when filling.

Ultimately I do use 80-90VG and outside of break in 80 watts on average. Thin juice, low power "could" cause a flood.

Well i have seem others close the AFC before filling so i'll try not closing it also using a 60vg/40pg juice and only max of 40 watts so maybe when i can get a better mod it will stop flooding.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Well i have seem others close the AFC before filling so i'll try not closing it also using a 60vg/40pg juice and only max of 40 watts so maybe when i can get a better mod it will stop flooding.

I see no harm in closing it, but either way I think power is needed to burn off the wicks. One of my favorite mods these days for a beater is an istick 100 for $35. Perfect for regular use on a Crown.

Reactions: smacksy

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
To the moderators, FWIW, I think we need to have a completely new category created for Sub-Ohm Tanks which come with pre-built coils. The existing sub-ohm forum is mainly for RBA folks doing sub-ohm, and the clearomizer/cartomizer/tanks forums are confusing for many as I have seen topics on Crown/TFV4/StarrePro in all three which makes it hard to keep track of.

Let's have one "Sub-Ohm Tanks with Pre-Built Coils" Forum!!

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
To the moderators, FWIW, I think we need to have a completely new category created for Sub-Ohm Tanks which come with pre-built coils. The existing sub-ohm forum is mainly for RBA folks doing sub-ohm, and the clearomizer/cartomizer/tanks forums are confusing for many as I have seen topics on Crown/TFV4/StarrePro in all three which makes it hard to keep track of.

Let's have one "Sub-Ohm Tanks with Pre-Built Coils" Forum!!
I second that!!! It is a little confusing especially to someone newer to vaping/ecf forum.

OddaKine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hawaii, but now in cold Illinois
I've never had any problems with flooding. My local vape shop was kind enough to show me how to properly prime these coils, since it is a bit tedious and a 5-10 min process at first. I was also warned to not twist the bottom or top on too tight, as it causes pressure issues and is a pain in the .... to take apart. Twist until firm, and no more. Zero flooding so far - so it may have been any of the issues listed or a bad coil.

The vape shop also mentioned to only use the .5 ohm coils, said the vape is far more consistent..but that's their theory and I haven't tested it out. I do believe if you've tightened it too much, and using lower watts, the pressure + too much juice being wicked without being burned is probably the issue. I vape it at 60+ watts for .5 ohm coils.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Agree with @EverPresentNoob . I mainly use the .5 coils when working on 40W mods -- but i prefer the vaping experience of the .25 over the .50. I also have the ni, but haven't decided yet if i like it over the .25.

as to the comment by the vape store, i have never had any consistency issues with the .25. it vapes well, never had a dry hit, but i also don't go over 70w on my mod.

Reactions: smacksy

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
to me it tastes better, and I get a fuller hit from it. I have been spoiled by my Crown adn TFV4 using .15 and .25 coils around 75-80 watts. never been inconsistent with the vape, well until the end of the coils life, but then you get that with any coil. I really wanted to like the Ni200 coils, but they just didnt perform like I wanted when comparing the to the .25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread