Status
Not open for further replies.

Mycaptain

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Maryland, USA
I really like the Vivi Nova 2.5 tank. Thanks for the good review.

I started with the 2.4 ohm head with long wicks. The performance was awesome. I just switched the head to the 2.8 ohm with long wicks. It is not wicking as well. It may need some break in time or possibly shorter wicks. Did the 3.5ml unit you reviewed have long or short wicks? I have heard that some units arrive with short wicks. Maybe I should just keep dipping the thing and not mess up a good unit!

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I really like the Vivi Nova 2.5 tank. Thanks for the good review.

I started with the 2.4 ohm head with long wicks. The performance was awesome. I just switched the head to the 2.8 ohm with long wicks. It is not wicking as well. It may need some break in time or possibly shorter wicks. Did the 3.5ml unit you reviewed have long or short wicks? I have heard that some units arrive with short wicks. Maybe I should just keep dipping the thing and not mess up a good unit!

Np...thanks for watching :). The big one came with long wicks and the small one had short wicks. You can take off the rubber top cap and cut off a 8th of a inch or so to improve the wicking big time.

backer

Jan 5, 2011
McAllen, TX
Received my mini Nova today and it's amazing. I've tried quite a few tanks before maybe 5 or 6 diffident makes and models, ce mods, single and dual coil, from all over the web, and had pretty much given up on on them. I've always like the convenience of them, but they all seemed to lack something, bad vapor production, weak throat hit, muted flavor, ect... I'm sure anyone that has used tanks before know what I'm talking about. This little thing is awesome, I'm loving it, even the 1.8 ohm head on my silver bullet is a great vape. I'm a moderate vapor and though I don't post much at all I've been vaping for a little under 2 yrs now, and have acquired a small collection of PVs and this thing works great on almost all of them, ego mods, silver bullet, rough stack, a lava tube, the newish ego twist vv, one home made usb passthough, the only one i'm having trouble with is my infinity version 1 from notcigs it sits to flush on the top making almost impossible to take a hit due to virtually no air flow, but a 510 extender seems to fix that. I'm rambling now sorry, but first impressions are this thing is a knock out.

I just want to say thank you, because it was your review that convinced me to give this tank a try, so Thank You!

ndnshift

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Redmond
going to wait on a long term opinion, but they are freakin awesome... got some on friday and havent been vaping anything else... no leaking, good/expected performance at each ohm level, and quite good flavor. i haven't really found a downside yet. im sure they'll come, but they do need a metal tank with a clear sight line up the side. the full size vivi i got is sweet with a silver tank :)

also, wicks unaltered bobas perfectly :)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I don't know if you had mention it in your review, but, what type of juice are you using (pg/vg wise)?

I have been using primarily all vg juices and I am still in the search of a tank that can handle said juice.

Also, I noticed you said that you never get a burned taste, but, I can't help but notice that you're vaping at 3.4v. Have you tried to increase the voltage? Any trouble doing so, if you did? I know there are different resistance heads, but, I just don't want to be limited to too cool of a vape.

Good review, none the less. The price is right and the device does look interesting.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I don't know if you had mention it in your review, but, what type of juice are you using (pg/vg wise)?

I have been using primarily all vg juices and I am still in the search of a tank that can handle said juice.

Also, I noticed you said that you never get a burned taste, but, I can't help but notice that you're vaping at 3.4v. Have you tried to increase the voltage? Any trouble doing so, if you did? I know there are different resistance heads, but, I just don't want to be limited to too cool of a vape.

Good review, none the less. The price is right and the device does look interesting.

It will work with 100% VG if you take the silicone top piece off the heads and cut enough off the bottom to allow more juice into the coil. That top silicone gasket can act as a juice flow control after cutting some off. I have vaped it at higher voltage...I can take a 2.8 ohm head to 6 volts on a lavatube with no problems. I was vaping it at 3.4 on the VMax because it's so much more powerful and 3.4 volts on the V1 Max is about 4.2-4.5 on any other PV.

Just like any top coil though you will have to take a few primer pulls to resoak the coil or tip it upside down when chain vaping.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Great review, the large one works really well for me, no leaks and great vapor. The mini on the other hand (the one I have) leaks like a screen door in a hurricane, from the two seals equally. I'd stick with the larger one personally.

That's odd...must be a factory defect as my small one never leaks.

I dropped my mini 1 time and it cracked at the base where the threads started, also the bottom separated into two pieces, an outer ring and the part the post was on. I tried to super glue it back and made a mess of it and ruined the base and what was left of the tank. I saved the top, drip tip, and wick and coil, maybe I'll get another one and have spare parts. I will say that it worked very well while it lasted and I now have a lanyard on my mod so I don't drop it. I have neuropathy and I drop stuff all the time.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
I do get dry hits at times with these when the juice gets low but I vape with my APV at a downward angle if I hold it straight it seems to work better

I am not sure about these I liked them for a minute now they just dont seem to be getting juice to the coils very good even when its full..may be back ro the dual coils :vapor:

Last edited:

aliens

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2012
Europe
It will work with 100% VG if you take the silicone top piece off the heads and cut enough off the bottom to allow more juice into the coil. That top silicone gasket can act as a juice flow control after cutting some off. I have vaped it at higher voltage...I can take a 2.8 ohm head to 6 volts on a lavatube with no problems. I was vaping it at 3.4 on the VMax because it's so much more powerful and 3.4 volts on the V1 Max is about 4.2-4.5 on any other PV.

Just like any top coil though you will have to take a few primer pulls to resoak the coil or tip it upside down when chain vaping.

Could you make a video to show exactly how to do that? Also do you prefer long or short wick?

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Could you make a video to show exactly how to do that? Also do you prefer long or short wick?

It's really simple just look at your replaceable head...there's a silicone cap on the top of it...pull it off then just cut a whole ring off the bottom of it little by little until you have the juice flow that you desire. The shorter the wicks are the more you have to tip it upside down but they do get juice to the coil a bit quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread