Status
Not open for further replies.

hawley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
www.youtube.com
I'll give V2's batts props for being cig-alikes... but OMG their pre-filled carto flavours are so bad!!! Ever since I got my own juice to refill carto's with, I'm having an INCREDIBLY hard time polishing off the rest of my pre-filled cartos. The chocolate is pretty decent, and the coffee's not bad. That being said the vanilla tastes like vanilla soap, and the congress tastes like licking the filter of an analog. Not my cup of tea, but very thankful for the help V2 gave me to quit. I've been vaping for about a month, and I'm now at 7 days of no smoking. The last time I did that I was trying to quit with nicorette. I failed miserably at about day 9 or so, but I'm not worried this time around!

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
As I use V2 batts predominantly, I'll give my perspective.

I started vaping a little over a year ago, and like most others, I went first with gas station disposable. Went through about 4 of those, and thought they were okay. Taste and vapor was better than I anticipated. Compared to where I went shortly after this, it is easy on hindsight to say they stunk, but if being fair, I would say they are okay, and much better than not vaping at all.

About 3 weeks after my first disposable, I connected with V2 via online search and ordered starter kit of 2 (long) batts, 1 charger, and their sample pack. I think menthol was first one I tried, and was 'blown away' as I absolutely despised menthol as a smoker, but liked it from first drag as a vaper. The only thing out of V2's sample pack that I initially didn't like (at all) was their Congress flavor. ilovehugehits makes it sound better than I would have.

I was initially a fan of V2 Red, which is nothing like Marlboro Red, as OP noted. I also liked Peppermint, Cola, Sahara and Vanilla. The rest were decent, but nothing I'd brag about. Less than a month after getting into V2, I explored other companies (for flavors) that had carts that fit V2 batts. Went thru that phase for a good 4 months, while occasionally getting V2 carts, as I started to really like V2 Cola. After trying around 30 flavors, V2 Cola was at the top for me. I've since tried about 5 other cola vapes, only one comes close to V2's.

Somewhere in this time frame, I got the V2 ultimate kit. I remember honestly thinking that I couldn't see any reason for more than 2 batts, but when one of mine finally didn't work up to expectations, it suddenly dawned on me why some vapers have more than 2. I would learn that many vapers have like 37 batts and even that isn't enough, for them. With V2 ultimate kit, I went up to total of 6 batts, power cig, car charger, carrying case.

Even with the one batt that didn't work, I find V2's replacement policy to be great. Replace a non-working batt up to 5 times with really no questions asked. I've had to replace 3 in a year's time, and think that represents decent quality.

For the first 9 months of my vaping, I was one who strongly preferred pre-filled carts to refilling carts. I was well aware of other options for doing vaping, but the simple cart and batt set-up worked well for me, and for most part I stuck to that, even while I dabbled in refilling. I also used to use my V2 lanyard all the time, as I found that the most convenient way to carry my eCig, while out and about.

But V2 made 2 significant changes that impacted my choices for vaping that are still playing out. First, they discontinued their cola line. For reasons, I may never know, but one that didn't sit well with me. Then they finally got into clearos (V2 Liquimax) which finally prompted me to try something other than standard carts. Now, a few months later, the V2 Lmax is almost all I use. And so, I'm now one who almost always is refilling and thus buying / using way more juice than I initially did. But I rarely buy V2 juice because another change they experienced, that really never impacted me, is questions about the consistency of their flavors. As I was doing well with pre-fills and as I had been gifted an abundance of other company flavors, I wasn't all that impacted, other than one time noticing Cola wasn't as good as I remembered, and then shortly after that, it was discontinued. With all the other very noticeable issues they've had with their flavors, one might think all of them would have been discontinued. Alas, it was only their Cola that was on the chopping block.

Their prices are high, that's for sure. But considering their replacement policy, I tend to think it is fair.
In my experience (with around 15 orders), their shipping is fine. I've had a few orders that were in the 5 to 7 day range, with majority in the 2 to 4 day range. Now they have free shipping with advertised delivery of 9 to 14 days. I've used this twice, and both times were less than 5 business days.
And I recently ordered their Couples Kit, for additional 4 batteries, which when subtracting cost of chargers, and cost of standard carts, while including their available discounts for this particular kit, I am paying around $5 per battery (140 mm each). Put in that perspective (along with fact I get to replace each of those up to 5 times), I'd say that's a great deal.

Summary:
V2 Hardware (battery, chargers, accessories, return policy) - I'd score it at 9 of 10.
Shipping - I'd go with 7 of 10.
Customer Service - I'd go with 7 of 10.
Flavors/Carts/eLiquid (must include consistency, and Cola discontinuation) - I'd go with 5 of 10. I still make it a point to order their sample flavor pack and almost always enjoy that.

And believe it or not, Congress has gone from - absolutely disgusting to just kinda bad, sometimes even okay. I've learned my liking of flavors has changed dramatically from just one year ago. Cherry is now my favorite V2 flavor. A year ago, it wasn't even in my top 5. And when companies (which includes others besides V2) can change their flavors, it just leaves me with confusion. Fortunately, there are about 2500 flavors around that I'm interested in exploring, so that confusion is short lived.

hawley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
www.youtube.com
I use V2's batts exclusively right now and I haven't had a problem with them. Batt life is 10x the life of the blus, and I refill their cartos. After doing more research I see how over-priced they are even they offer good deals and all that. In the end it's really the postage to Canada and the risk of it getting confiscated at the border that turns me off the most. Other than that and the lacklustre flavours, I think they're a pretty solid cig-alike brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread