V5 Buttons Won't Click

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfBrad12

Verified Member
I've hunted high and low, and only found one video discussing this process on a V2, so I'll post this here. My Vamo V5's + button suddenly won't click, and is basically acting as a touch-sensitive control now, making it very difficult to keep in a pocket.

Does anyone know how to fix this without damaging the unit? I've attached pictures to help illustrate what's going on.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys and gals can provide.

WP_20140221_14_47_59_Pro.jpg WP_20140221_14_47_29_Pro.jpg

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
From what I understand the board can shift getting crooked inside the tube. On the V5 people are using the battery extension tube in place of the top ring for grip, not that I've had any luck so far. Mine's on there pretty tight and with just a 510 thread problem I haven't tried very hard. Once inside things should be pretty much the same as this:

Vamo first impression and disassembly how to - YouTube

ProfBrad12

Verified Member
I've been able to twist it to the point where it moves the button back in place, but immediately feel resistance (hot glue, solder, not sure...) When I release the pressure, it "snaps" back to its broken position, but still works fine.

I'm hesitant to twist further for fear of breaking it.

This is my second Vamo, and both have failed to a certain extent, without ever once being dropped or mishandled. Very disappointing.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
I've been able to twist it to the point where it moves the button back in place, but immediately feel resistance (hot glue, solder, not sure...) When I release the pressure, it "snaps" back to its broken position, but still works fine.

I'm hesitant to twist further for fear of breaking it.

This is my second Vamo, and both have failed to a certain extent, without ever once being dropped or mishandled. Very disappointing.

The Vamo isn't the highest quality mod but having paid less than $40 each for mine I knew that going in. Guess that's why I've got lots of back ups. One of these days I might spring for a high end PV. Something with a dna chip!

ProfBrad12

Verified Member
I decided to get an Innokin MVP 2.0 today, and despite its quirks, I think this is a much better option than going for a third Vamo. I'm waiting for a replacement decision from Fasttech, so best case, I'll have two working mods. Worst case, I'm out a few bucks and have a new toy.

Thanks for all your help, everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread