Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I just got a Vamo 5 from MVS yesterday and it will not let me screw in 510 cartomizers. I have a couple ego tanks and I can screw in only the Trophy V2. Is there a fix for this? It's under warranty, but it's the weekend and I need my vapor. I put sall my eggs in one cart with this order. I've tried different carts from different vendors, a 510 extender, and 510 to 808 adapter, nothing will screw in. I don't know if any nearby store sells a 510 tap, but I need to fix this damn thing, it's brand new and I can't use it. :( pretty upsetting. Scares me away from ZMax or anything else remotely similar to the Vamo.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Max, have you tried cleaning the threads any? Noalox is best to use for this but if you don't have that you can use petroleum jelly in a pinch; use a q-tip to get it into the grooves real good then use another q-tip to clean up the excess and any debris that might be present.

Whatever you do, don't use excessive force and potentially cross-thread something! :)

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
Max, have you tried cleaning the threads any? Noalox is best to use for this but if you don't have that you can use petroleum jelly in a pinch; use a q-tip to get it into the grooves real good then use another q-tip to clean up the excess and any debris that might be present.

Whatever you do, don't use excessive force and potentially cross-thread something! :)

That didn't work, the carto just falls into the hole, bad machining. I hope MVS honors their warranty. :(((( BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
That didn't work, the carto just falls into the hole, bad machining. I hope MVS honors their warranty. :(((( BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure they will take care of you; it does sound like a product defect if the carto won't thread at all. :(

Given the circumstances, the only other option you might have in the interim is to use a ego-510 adapter. I don't know if you have any B&M nearby you but most of them should have the adapter and they are pretty cheap.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I hope they are straight up, although they are now out of stock of Vamo 5. I'd take a Zmax and pay the difference. Anything. (I tried ego adaptors, I have a few sitting around). The only reason the trophy tank worked is because the threading bolt part is longer and caught a few threads at the bottom of the defected connector. (((cries)))) lol t/y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread