Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
all vamos have ego threading.... mine is 8 months old it has ego threading. the only thing doesn't fit on it is the kanger t3. too wide too fit in the top hole.

Funny that, a T3 fits in mine perfectly. Go figure...

I think there must be several versions of the Vamo because I was on a thread and a member was amazed that I had an EVOD on my vamo when his didn't have ego threading. Now maybe he had a clone or something, but I know he didn't have ego threads.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks everyone for your help. I will definitely be picking up the adapter and I'm leaning towards the Pyrex carto tank I think.

22mm IBTanked pyrex cartotank on a Vamo
___

Cartotank tutorial, including video: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

List of online vendors selling pre-punched cartomizers: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3295-2-sample-list-vendors-selling-pre-punched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

IBTanked review: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
You're absolutely right, and I'm feeling more than a little silly right now :oops: When I was Vamo shopping I was told I needed an adapter, so I got the adapter and never even tried my T3s and Evods without it :facepalm: Well, whaddaya know . . . they fit without an adapter!!

Thanks, Aglet, for setting me straight :)

~~scurrying off to edit that dumb post~~

LOL, no worries Smokachino - Like Myrany said, I too use a straight-sided adapter on mine all the time (when I am not using an EVOD or a CE5) to help save the threads. Not sure if it's necessary, but I feel better using it.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
LOL, no worries Smokachino - Like Myrany said, I too use a straight-sided adapter on mine all the time (when I am not using an EVOD or a CE5) to help save the threads. Not sure if it's necessary, but I feel better using it.

Thanks, Aglet! The more I think about it, the advice to use the adapter also mentioned the Vamo threads being kinda fragile and easily bent. The ones on my V2 feel pretty sturdy, so maybe they were talking about earlier versions. In any case, I'd hate to waste $2 and will continue using mine, too :D

rahmink

Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Spring Hill, FL, USA
I have to use a 510-510 adapter on my VAMO when I'm using my Smoktech UDCT tank on it. Everything else I have works fine on it, Cartomator Tank, iClear 30, Vision V3s... I run it at 15W when I'm using dual coils and it vapes like a champ. Does anyone have the problem of their tube getting pulled apart a little and you have to push it back together?
601021_10101860157047211_1701451952_n_zps32780ccd.jpg

I just ordered a vamo and while I am waiting for it to be delivered I wanted to get some idea of what to use with it.
I am a flavor junkie so in your opinion which tank gives the best flavor? Right now I use egos with ce3 clearos. The few tanks I have tried in the past have all seemed like the flavor was muted.
Also I use 80 pg 20 vg ratio on my juices will this still work well with a tank?
i have been vaping for about a year but I am still smoking 5 cigs a day. I am hoping with the right setup to be able to give them up completely!

Susan

I've just followed your lead with the vamo from fasttech. I've gone for the ss vamo kit with the 2 vivi novas. After reading through the specs of the vamo and the novas, I understand the atomiser resistance is 3.5ohms which seems high to me.
I prefer a strong TH, currently achieved with 2.2ohm iclear 16s, 18mg juice @ 70/30 pg. I don't particularly want to change my mixes - I have several steeping at the moment. my current battery (an ego) with the iclears are running at about 5.6 watts. with the vamo, will I be better increasing the voltage to about 6v, or setting the wattage at whatever, to achieve the same as my previous setup

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Stay far away from the protank. Vivi nova would be a wiser choice. It has its own issues but no where near the amount the protank has.

Just goes to show you how much the preferred clearo varies from one person to another. I have had the exact opposite experience that you did. My protank has been a trooper and I want to use my vivi nova for skeet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread