Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
They both perform the same, biggest difference is the button configuration. The Vamo uses 3 buttons the Zmax, uses 1 button, just different ways of doing the same thing. Go with which tube you like better.

If you do go with the Vamo I'd recommend going with the SS version as the other finishes have been reported to wear really easy as well as show fingerprints and scratches more.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I have both, and I like them both. VAMO is longer and heavier, but you can use it in 18350 mode, although with the VAMO I have to use a 510 to ego adapter to run T2's and T3's. The Sig ZMax is a nice device, not quite as tall and lighter, you can run T2's and T3's without an adapter, it has the one button menu system, so not quite as easy to adjust voltage/watts.

If it comes down to price, VAMO wins, not sure how many VV/VW mods you have, but if you are like many of us you will end up with more than one. I have five, counting the spinner. Good chance that which ever one you chose, eventually you will end up with both.

I actually use all mine in rotation, different delivery systems, different juices, don't have to constantly change delivery systems.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
So why's the Zmax so much more expensive

The Sigelei Zmax is made of higher quality materials. I've had 2 vamos they don't take abuse very well and the what seems like painted on chrome rubs off easily. Look into the ZMax v3 telescopic you'll be able to use 18350, 18650, 18500 or dual 18350 configs without the need to swap any tubes. VaporAlley has them for a decent price.

Last edited:

Tanky

Mar 29, 2013
College Park, MD, USA
I didn't want to worry about the chrome finish starting to peel off on the Vamo, so I bought the Zmax. Better unit for the price

You can always get a Jwrap (at jwraps.com) for the Vamo to protect it. They even have clear wraps if you don't want to change the look. :) I think the extra buttons make the menu easier to use and the display is nice. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread