Not open for further replies.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
This is NOW the New Home for the VAMO!

Edit: I sent a PM to oldsoldier asking him to create a new sub forum for the VAMO. Hopefully, it gets it own sub forum soon. At $30 with shipping included from some websites these mod is here to stay for a while and already many vapers on ECF have made it their preferred device.

Last edited:

aneff13lansing

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Genoa, New York
im yet to see the SS models in the US im loving my gun metal vamo though vivi nova on top running it between 8.5-9 watts and its been wonderful.
ive used it for about a week i can use both of my prefered setup's around the same wattage without problems (2.8 ohm vivi heads and 2.2-2.4 ohm carto's) the device has a wonderful heft to it, it weighs double if not tripple the weight of the Yj lavatube, the buttons make a little rattleing noise every once in a while and the battery isnt snug in the tube and you can hear that aswell im looking for another battery to stop the issue, it does have ego cone threads, and another dislike i seem to have with mine im not sure if anyone else has ran into this issue or not but mine stays fireing for a very slight second after i let go of the fire button so i have trained myself to continue my drag untill it shuts off.
little mini review
thanks
arthur

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Good idea. I'm sure the Vamo will get its own forum once enough people actually own them. But I'm curious to know where you're getting 'em for $30 including shipping. Also, are the stainless models available yet? Preferably in the US?

It is from a newer site I was recommended to. Apparently, quite a few vapers in the UK and Australia have used the site with mostly positive results (there were some hitches due to ti being a newer site but the site owner (who you can chat live with at times) claims he is getting the kinks worked out. The VAMO is listed at $26.99 and $3.79 shipping for a total of $30.78. Chrome and Black Chrome units only. He said stainless steel not available yet. Shipping by China Post Airmail. EMS shipping also available at higher rate. A couple of guys in Thailand ordered last week but too soon for their orders to have gotten here yet.

Here is the link: VV650 VAMO V2 (body only) - VaporBreak

I just ordered a second black chrome one for myself as a test order. The VAMO I got from the Bucky coop works great and I am very happy with it. This vendor claims they are v2 and the same as the ones we got from the coop. i can compare them when I get the one I ordered from him.

Edit: I just figured out the sale price only shows to logged in customers. Create an account and log in and then it will show you the $26.99 sale price.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
im yet to see the SS models in the US im loving my gun metal vamo though vivi nova on top running it between 8.5-9 watts and its been wonderful.
ive used it for about a week i can use both of my prefered setup's around the same wattage without problems (2.8 ohm vivi heads and 2.2-2.4 ohm carto's) the device has a wonderful heft to it, it weighs double if not tripple the weight of the Yj lavatube, the buttons make a little rattleing noise every once in a while and the battery isnt snug in the tube and you can hear that aswell im looking for another battery to stop the issue, it does have ego cone threads, and another dislike i seem to have with mine im not sure if anyone else has ran into this issue or not but mine stays fireing for a very slight second after i let go of the fire button so i have trained myself to continue my drag untill it shuts off.
little mini review
thanks
arthur

Is yours actually 'threaded'. On mine the drip well is deep enough that an eGo threaded 'attachement' will fit but it's not actually theaded.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Is yours actually 'threaded'. On mine the drip well is deep enough that an eGo threaded 'attachement' will fit but it's not actually theaded.

Warning! Do not trust visual inspections with a pair of 66 year old eyes unless done in bright lighting. YES - mine has the ego threads. :oops:

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
little mini review
thanks
arthur

Yes, it seems that 18650 batteries give a little rattle. Mine do. I haven't tried but perhaps wrapping a little electrical tape around the base of the battery will help it fit more snugly. Also, it is known that the device continues to fire for a second after the button is released. Most of the devices coming out these days do the same thing. No fix as of yet and I wouldn't consider the device faulty or a danger. It's common.

Sent using Tapatalk

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Heck I hate the VAMO so much that I bought another one last week. I didn't want any poor soil to suffer with the mod when I could have em all. LOL. I got version 1 and also two. Chrome and the gunmetal/Blackchrome version. If you hate your VAMO ship it to me. I'll save you from it. LOL. Yea I kinda like the VAMO. Maybe just a little bit..:facepalm:

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Warning! Do not trust visual inspections with a pair of 66 year old eyes unless done in bright lighting. YES - mine has the ego threads.

I did not even realize it had them. Just tested mine with an Ego threaded only clearomizer and it screwed right on. With a flashlight looking down in there they are there, but hard to see. Way to go Vamo, scores another point.

Hmmm... Says $39.00, body only. Shipping is $4.27. Must have realized they were selling too cheap. But thanks for the info.

Says $26.99 for me. Maybe you need to refresh the page?

vb-vamo-sale.jpg

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I'll be getting my Vamo one of these days guys .... I swear. lol
No more ordering direct from China ... at least not something I'm super excited to try.

I agree, voltage lock ... and perhaps even the ability to maintain all settings would be the two biggest upgrades the device could use (however neither are a deal breaker imho).

Last edited:

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Coolidge, Arizona, United States
I use 18650 aw imr button tops and they rattle a little.
Just take the spring out and stretch it. It will stop
Also, the tube is a little big for the battery.
Simply take some electrical tape (maybe 2 strips) and put them along the length of the battery.
This has almost eliminated my rattle unless I really shake it.

What I really want on my Vamo? Ability to lock in my volts/watts..... revision 3?

Hosedragger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2011
Lynn, MA
an other easy trick for the rattle is just cut an index card so it will fit in each section of the tube (so you can still use it in full or short mode) and it will firm it up perfectly. I also sacrificed a $3 LED flashlight for the spring and it got rid of the rattle and made a better connection for a 650 flat top.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
I checked when I saw your link. It showed $39 USD for me as well. I dunno... :confused:

The website is showing the wrong price but if you put it in the cart it will shows as $26.99 in the cart. They have been having a few website problems so the page showing the discount probably got accidentally written over. It is still on sale if you put it in your cart. It will show the sale price.

Edit: I just figured out the sale price only shows to logged in customers. Create an account and log in and then it will show you the $26.99 sale price.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
The jury is still out on just one thing for me. But I've never owned a mod before and when someone says they vaped all day on one battery I get concerned because I go through countless recharges. 4 18350s plus 2 18650s AWs IMRs 700 and 1100 mah respectively from two separate sources both I believe to be legit and all that sooooo. Do I vape a whole heck of a whole lot? Well actually the amount of juice I am vaping up is lower than usual! So all I can do is shrug my shoulders and Keep recharging until that 10 times mark. I am going to get 2.5 ohm instead of my 1.7 ohm next batch of cartomizers as was suggested ( that and recharging cycles x 10) but I will vape at 8.5 watts because that's what is working best for myself. Literally, I do vape a lot and it's 24 mg. I do have 36 mg. but I vape less with that or I'll get a little nauseated plus the flavors aren't quite as nice. And I'm vaping more because it's new and I have 3 new flavors I love all 3. So finally. When some say they vaped 10 hours on something does that mean they vape a whole way lot less than myself? I just don't really know but everything else wonderful. I don't think I vape too much. If I do my ody isn't complaining. So I'll just see how this batteries go. I do not think for a minute it is defective. It performs well, doesn't get hot and just works so. Anybody else vape a whole lot and actually more than usual and still vape less juice than usual for that amount of vaping on their Vamo like me?

Dunder Mifflin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
California
Loving my Vamo. Black chrome from bucky co op. Surprised it had the ego threads. T3 is still too fat to use them. I just recently got a couple error codes, I think. I pressed the power button to vape and the screen flashed with 02 on it. The unit turned itself off. I turned it back on and it worked. This has happened twice so far. The battery voltage was 3.6. I was using a T3 2.5 ohm and an 18650 battery. Does anybody know what 02 means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread