Status
Not open for further replies.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
The jury is still out on just one thing for me. But I've never owned a mod before and when someone says they vaped all day on one battery I get concerned because I go through countless recharges. 4 18350s plus 2 18650s AWs IMRs 700 and 1100 mah respectively from two separate sources both I believe to be legit and all that sooooo. Do I vape a whole heck of a whole lot? Well actually the amount of juice I am vaping up is lower than usual! So all I can do is shrug my shoulders and Keep recharging until that 10 times mark. I am going to get 2.5 ohm instead of my 1.7 ohm next batch of cartomizers as was suggested ( that and recharging cycles x 10) but I will vape at 8.5 watts because that's what is working best for myself. Literally, I do vape a lot and it's 24 mg. I do have 36 mg. but I vape less with that or I'll get a little nauseated plus the flavors aren't quite as nice. And I'm vaping more because it's new and I have 3 new flavors I love all 3. So finally. When some say they vaped 10 hours on something does that mean they vape a whole way lot less than myself? I just don't really know but everything else wonderful. I don't think I vape too much. If I do my ody isn't complaining. So I'll just see how this batteries go. I do not think for a minute it is defective. It performs well, doesn't get hot and just works so. Anybody else vape a whole lot and actually more than usual and still vape less juice than usual for that amount of vaping on their Vamo like me?

Yes, I believe people that say their battery laste 24 or 36 hours vape like they would smoke a cigarette. Go to work, take a break, take a few hits on the vaping device and go back to work. I personally vape more like a pipe, vape a lot at home only (never at work) and low nicotine. If I am at home I can drain a battery in a few hours. I at first was thinking the same as you. You are just vaping more often than the average vaper.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I'm really digging my Vamo as well. This thing is built like a tank, and hits like a freight train.
I pretty much have this thing at my lips all day, and with Orbtronics 18650 2250mah Batts, it fires all day.
My only complaint, like others, is the fact the Kanger T3's wont screw down due to the juice well not being wide enough.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Loving my Vamo. Black chrome from bucky co op. Surprised it had the ego threads. T3 is still too fat to use them. I just recently got a couple error codes, I think. I pressed the power button to vape and the screen flashed with 02 on it. The unit turned itself off. I turned it back on and it worked. This has happened twice so far. The battery voltage was 3.6. I was using a T3 2.5 ohm and an 18650 battery. Does anybody know what 02 means?

Hiya,I believe 02 means not enough voltage from the battery. This could be from the battery not connecting properly if it moves. What battery are you using?

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Thanks for starting the thread jackbox. Hope it does get its own sub-forum. Lots of people with these already.

My chrome has been going really well. I ordered a black chrome fromm the Health Cabin sale today.

Anyone got any pics?

Here's one:

2012-11-30163132sm.jpg

bryyyan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2011
bay area
Yes, it seems that 18650 batteries give a little rattle. Mine do. I haven't tried but perhaps wrapping a little electrical tape around the base of the battery will help it fit more snugly. Also, it is known that the device continues to fire for a second after the button is released. Most of the devices coming out these days do the same thing. No fix as of yet and I wouldn't consider the device faulty or a danger. It's common.

Sent using Tapatalk

I also use an 18650 on mine and it rattle just a little bit. But it doesn't bother me much cause im not shaking my vamo while I vape. But if it bothers you, try using Panasonic's 18650. Fieldofvapor on YouTube has a review. He uses a Panasonic battery. Apparently their 18650 is a little bit bigger than AW's.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
I also use an 18650 on mine and it rattle just a little bit. But it doesn't bother me much cause im not shaking my vamo while I vape. But if it bothers you, try using Panasonic's 18650. Fieldofvapor on YouTube has a review. He uses a Panasonic battery. Apparently their 18650 is a little bit bigger than AW's.

I use the Panasonics in mine. You can still hear them moving around a bit in there. The tube is very wide. Wider than most mods.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I am loving this thing. Rattle is noticeable, but not a big deal. This is my first VW device, and I love the ability to set it and forget it, no matter what I change on top.

Question, this is my first PV using 18350's. The battery indicator usually shows 3.6 or 3.7 and then shuts off. The 18650's go down to 3.4v, which is the same on my VV Gripper and Lavatube. Is this normal for 18350 batteries?

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
I am loving this thing. Rattle is noticeable, but not a big deal. This is my first VW device, and I love the ability to set it and forget it, no matter what I change on top.

Question, this is my first PV using 18350's. The battery indicator usually shows 3.6 or 3.7 and then shuts off. The 18650's go down to 3.4v, which is the same on my VV Gripper and Lavatube. Is this normal for 18350 batteries?

No, that is not normal. What type of batteries are you using? How many charge cycles are on them? I find that eFest start to decline after 100+ charge cycles, not as good as A&W and the Panasonics. Your battery should go down to 3.4 or 3.3 before the VAMO tells you the battery is "LOW," it doesn't just shut off. Are they protected batteries? It could be the protection circuit in the battery cutting them off for too high a current draw at that voltage level. You should use unprotected batteries in these electronic mods as they have protection built into the mods pcb.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
No, that is not normal. What type of batteries are you using? How many charge cycles are on them? I find that eFest start to decline after 100+ charge cycles, not as good as A&W and the Panasonics. Your battery should go down to 3.4 or 3.3 before the VAMO tells you the battery is "LOW," it doesn't just shut off. Are they protected batteries? It could be the protection circuit in the battery cutting them off for too high a current draw at that voltage level. You should use unprotected batteries in these electronic mods as they have protection built into the mods pcb.

They are new unprotected IMR 800 mah batteries, but not AW, just a couple of cheap efest batteries I picked up from somewhere I can't remember. I do get 2-3 hours of vaping, so compared to 8-10 hours on my 18650 1600 mah, it seems about the right amount of vape time. It's just the voltage indicator discrepancy I was concerned about. It does give the LO or 02 indicator before it cuts out, so the Vamo seems to be working fine.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
I switched from 2x18350 to a 18650 just because I can. Not much battery rattle with AW's or the no name LavaTube batteries in my unit. I had to shut it off for it figure out how to deal with the new battery configuration. I guess it thought I put a couple decharged batteries in. Just a heads up. No discernible difference in the vape IMO.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Quick question. How many initial charge cycles until a new IMR battery it at its full potential? I read that new batteries don't hold a charge for very long compared to ones that have been cycled a number of times. Any hands on experience with this? I have both AW-IMR 18350 and 18650.

Personally after buying and using them for over 3 years, I cant tell any difference whatsoever..

williegntx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
Central Texas
Re charges I was informed at least 10. So I'm vaping and charging vaping and charging all day ! AW IMR 18350 700 and AW IMR 2000
I do 1.7 ohm cartos and 8.5 watts. Many times low battery all day . Like 6 - 8 times in full long day. I vape pretty much all the time

Try some cartos with a higher resistance. I use 3ohm with my u-max (my VAMO is on order) with IMR 18350 800mAh I get a good 6+ hrs of heavy vaping. IMR 18650 1600mAh runs a 3ohm attie about 10+ hrs.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the VAMO...sounds like it's going to be well worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread