Status
Not open for further replies.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
The factory spring is not a hot spring. This is for certain. It is the cheapest battery spring I've ever seen in a mod. There is excessive heat and short protection built into the Vamo board. The unit shuts off if either occurs. The spring I replaced it with is much thicker than the factory one which is better. A hot spring is fine if you can find one that fits but if you want to really be cautious you should just buy a vape Safe chip. I intend to. My battery and tube haven't even gotten warm since I changed out the spring. No worries at all.

Also, the cheap spring it came with readily compresses without returning to its original height. I have used flatop IMR and protected high-drain batteries (slightly longer than the IMR). Before I had no problem with the IMR, but now after using the other batteries the spring often loses contact for a split second and the Vamo shuts off. I have tried stretching the spring but after compressing it stays compressed. I would have to agree they used the cheapest, crappiest spring they could find. I will replace mine with a hot spring when I get the chance. The bottom of my Vamo has almost no black chrome color left also. It is the worst coating job I have ever seen on a mod. Anyone else experiencing this yet?

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Also, the cheap spring it came with readily compresses without returning to its original height. I have used flatop IMR and protected high-drain batteries (slightly longer than the IMR). Before I had no problem with the IMR, but now after using the other batteries the spring often loses contact for a split second and the Vamo shuts off. I have tried stretching the spring but after compressing it stays compressed. I would have to agree they used the cheapest, crappiest spring they could find. I will replace mine with a hot spring when I get the chance. The bottom of my Vamo has almost no black chrome color left also. It is the worst coating job I have ever seen on a mod. Anyone else experiencing this yet?

I can't figure out why your Vamo is losing its coating so fast. I've had mine for 8 days and use it religiously. It still looks fine. You must have gotten one without the clear chromium protective plating. Either that or your palms sweat pure sodium hypochlorite. :p

graybuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Oregon
Just got one in the mail from smok tek today. It is DOA. Lo v error no matter which battery I use: IMR, Efest, tried three different. Tried to extend the spring with no effect. This thing will not even fire a carto, tank, clearo. What the heck - am I the only one that got a junk VAMO? IS there something I could be doing wrong of try to fix? Now its sunday and I have to wait and mail it back and wait to get a replacement. Suckage.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
I don't have it any more as i sold it on the classifieds a few months back. It had a nice, textured feel to it and was not slippery. It is relatively easy to apply, removable and reusable. If you want I can get a link from my brother where to buy it, as he bought some and gave me his remnants, which were enough to cover the Elegance as shown in the pic. It's main use is to add carbon fiber detail to high end sports cars so I assume it is pretty durable as well.

Thanks, ya please post the link! Someone posted a link to some 3M a few pages back, and I think they said it was textured too.

I can't figure out why your Vamo is losing its coating so fast. I've had mine for 8 days and use it religiously. It still looks fine. You must have gotten one without the clear chromium protective plating. Either that or your palms sweat pure sodium hypochlorite. :p

Mine's OK too, from HC. Only 2 days or so though. Also, on the spring, HC is shipping them out with the new spring now too (as an additional), it's much wider and thicker

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Mine's OK too, from HC. Only 2 days or so though. Also, on the spring, HC is shipping them out with the new spring now too (as an additional), it's much wider and thicker

Mine is from HC. Got it 8 days ago. The new spring from HC is longer than the v1 but it's not thicker from what I've seen. If yours works well for you then great. If not then know that there are hacks that work well.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Well I meant mine has the regular spring in it, and came with an additional larger (Wider and taller) spring. If you wanna see some pics let me know and I'll grab a few for ya.

You didn't get an additional spring with your order? If not, then they must have just started doing it, I ordered mine on the 10th

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Just got one in the mail from smok tek today. It is DOA. Lo v error no matter which battery I use: IMR, Efest, tried three different. Tried to extend the spring with no effect. This thing will not even fire a carto, tank, clearo. What the heck - am I the only one that got a junk VAMO? IS there something I could be doing wrong of try to fix? Now its sunday and I have to wait and mail it back and wait to get a replacement. Suckage.

Remove the cap and extender tube. Look inside and see how the paper washer was installed. If installed poorly or bent over it could be preventing your battery from making a positive connection. When mine came the battery would not go in all the way. I found the washer floating around the tube bent in half. I think mine was put on poorly and then the first battery insertion folded it and then it came loose, as I found it just swimming around the tube. I have since tried to reinstall it but that prevented any battery from making a connection so I removed it again and just use the vamo without it. No problem of shorting so far even with flat top batteries with a very wide cathode.

I can't figure out why your Vamo is losing its coating so fast. I've had mine for 8 days and use it religiously. It still looks fine. You must have gotten one without the clear chromium protective plating. Either that or your palms sweat pure sodium hypochlorite.

My hands barely sweat at all. It is the black chrome and it was coated, just very poorly. I can't explain it as I have never seen anything like it before on anything I have owned. It looked great for the first week. My brother even commented that the black chrome looked nicer than he expected when it was new.

Last edited:

Pete379

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Illinois

Did you turn it on after you put the batt in? Many people forgot to do this when they got them. Five fast clicks on the fire button altho sometimes mine takes 6 or 7 clicks to turn on.

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
I just dropped mine and put a lovely scratch on the battery cap, i was doing so well.
I can see though in a months time it will be full of scratches.
Mine also is a 5/6/7 clicks to turn on,no big thing though.

Hoping next week the Stainless steel one will be out, looks like there wont be any turkey this Christmas the way I keep spending money on vaping:p

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
I just dropped mine and put a lovely scratch on the battery cap, i was doing so well.
I can see though in a months time it will be full of scratches.
Mine also is a 5/6/7 clicks to turn on,no big thing though.

Hoping next week the Stainless steel one will be out, looks like there wont be any turkey this Christmas the way I keep spending money on vaping:p

You have to time the clicks just right or it doesn't recognize them. Too fast or too slow and it won't turn on. Once you get the rhythm down it will turn on in five clicks.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal

Like the others said, make sure you turn it on. It is off by default when changing batteries. Plus the "five-click" rule is a little wonky. Sometimes it takes 6 or 7. PBusardo commented on this bug in his YouTube review and it seems to affect everyone at times.

graybuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Oregon
Yes, it is on otherwise I would not be able to see the Lo v on the screen. The paper washer looks to be in place, I have not tried to remove it for fear of voiding any warrantee that may come with purchase. I did not get an additional spring with my kit. Infact it came in a white box, black sleve and no instructions. I think this one is going back to Smoke Tek

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
That's what warranties are for.

Yes, it is on otherwise I would not be able to see the Lo v on the screen. The paper washer looks to be in place, I have not tried to remove it for fear of voiding any warrantee that may come with purchase. I did not get an additional spring with my kit. Infact it came in a white box, black sleve and no instructions. I think this one is going back to Smoke Tek

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
This is my Vamo 24 hours later. I guess it has a chrome virus. I will come up with a cool way to refinish it after my second unit arrives next week (hopefully). The photos are not the greatest but you get the idea. This happen to anyone else yet? It's not bugging me too much because I got it cheap (Bucky coop) and second one coming from VP in China or about $31.00 shipped.

vamo fade 1.jpg

vamo fade 2.jpg

Note: I have not sanded it or anything. I just used the sharpening tool in Photoshop to shore better detail. Just where my hands are holding the device. I am probably giving it moderate to heavy use compated to most people. I only vape at home. Never at work or outside, so the Vamo has never left my home since I received it.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal

Sounds like a warranty situation. Btw, the newest batches only come with the larger spring. HC was sending an extra large spring with ones that didn't come with it installed. Also, it does not come with instructions. You got it how it's supposed to come. Sorry for the borked device.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread