VAMO Sigelei Zmax Comparions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
I also have the Smok Zmax not the Sigelei, but one more thing to point out is if you favor the 18650 battery configuration, the Zmax is almost a 1/2" smaller in length and slightly smaller in diameter. I purchased the vamo to use while I'm working but realistically in 18650 mode, it's just a little too large to put in a coat pocket without noticing it ALL the time. The Zmax is a better fit for that. However I am using my Vamo almost exclusively while at home. The heft and bulk of the VAMO is just "comforting" and it performs like the zmax. I love both units. I pass up my Provari most of the time now just because I don't want to drop it and destroy it or something. I love the Vamo for the simple fact that it is inexpensive but still offers you just about everything you could want out of VV/VW unit. This is definitely the best value I have purchased in quite some time. One more thing to note, I have dropped my zmax a ton without any problems with chips, dents, or malfuntions. I have not had the Vamo long enough to abuse it yet, but Im thinking it wouldn't fair as well. Overall the build quality IS much better than you would expect from a $50.00 mod. Threads are nice and tight, nice thickness to the metal, and it looks quite amazing. I have the chrome version but will be buying the SS version for myself very soon!! You can't go wrong with either the Vamo or the Zmax in my opinion.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I have both. The vape is nearly identical. I see the main difference that the Sigelei Zmax is better looking and it's construction is more solid. Definitely a lot more solid than the Smoktech Zmax.

Right now they are my favorite mods and I have put everything else away including my Provari. I really like them both.

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
People have stated (IRC and posts that I've not looked for) that the Sigelei and VAMO have near, if not identical, chipsets.

If this is so they would vape pretty much the same less the small nuances with the airflow around the 510 connector.

I don't own the Sigelei Zmax but do own the VAMO and if the Zmax vapes like my VAMO it should still be as good :)

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Own the sigelei zmax, smok zmax rms, vamo black/chrome. Stainless Vamo coming to me shortly.

I only vape genesis style atty's and all 3 are the same in the vape department cause airflow comes from atty's cap not 510 connector.
All 3 are nice and work well with my smok zmax being the oldest of the 3 being used since Nov 1st.

If there is an advantage of the 3 devices i would give that to the vamo as it's menu is a little easier to navigate because of
the + and - minus button allow for up and down volts and or wattage, basically less clicking of the buttons, hold the - button a few seconds and it tell you remaining battery voltage, hold the + for a few seconds and tells you the ohms, click - for decreasing voltage or wattage and + does the same increasing it.
It also allows the user to run 1 battery the 18350 although vape time is reduced.
The vamo if you shop around can be had for less than others in the vv/vw department and now being made in stainless.

In short i use all three depending on how full my genesis attys are and enjoy them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread