Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Has anyone used a skin/cover for the Vamo yet? The only ones I've heard of are the vinyl ones from VaporSkinz. Its some kind of 3M vechical grade vinyl sheet with punched holes for the buttons you rap around the vamo. They have some cool looking designs and they will even do custome ones. I'm not quite sure how they feel though. The chrome vamo I have is a bit slippery and a nicer textured cover with better grip would be cool... but most vinyl things I've touched aren't grippy at all. It also says that its "easy to apply and comes off clean everytime". Not sure if its a one time sticker, or if that statement means that you can take it on and off as much as you want. Plus its made for the length of the vamo when it has the extention on... so maybe its made to peal on and off whenever you want to change from long to short.

I was kinda looking for a cover that was made out of gel grip type plastic that was already in the shape of the vamo tube, not a sticker. Kinda like the cell phone covers everyone has. So I could slide it on and off and it would be thick, protective, and have a good texture and grip to it.

Has anyone tried the VaporSkinz covers? What did you think of it? Does anyone know if a cover exsists like I'm looking for?... thicker tube rubber grippy kind?

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
From what I saw on the site, when I was looking at them a few days ago, the stickers are a three piece cutout. one for the control section, one for the battery sleeve and the last piece for the battery extension. It's standard OEM auto decal, which means that if you clean the vamo with rubbing alcohol (to remove oils from your hands) and place the stickers, they should last for years. The "easy to remove" probably means that you can reposition the stickers once or twice if you screw up while putting them on, and once on, you can remove them with a minimum of residue left behind. They are a one time use sticker though.

I used to be in the automotive aftermarket industry, so this isn't guess work. (much...;))

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
For those that want a more durable cover you might consider using electrical shrink wrap. Now you won't get some nice designs but you'd get a durable cover with a good grip. I haven't done one but I would expect you'd need to fit it long and shrink it then cut when/where needed. A bit of work but for those that want a cheap grip cover it'd probably work pretty well.

Seven and Seven

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
United States - Austin, TX
Jwraps is another site that has wraps for different mods. They also have a youtube video showing one of the wraps being put onto a Vamo. They seem to have quite a few choices on their colors & styles page including custom designs where you send them the image you want printed.

My friend just ordered one for her Vamo and I'm pretty curious how it will turn out.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Thanks for all the info guys, I'll check out Jwraps as well. Looks like both vaporskinz and jraps has a carbon fiber one. I wonder if its textured to go with the carbon fiber, looks like it might be since the price on the vaporskinz one is more expencive than all their non carbon fiber ones.

I'm assuming it doesn't contain any real carbon fiber mesh.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Thanks for all the info guys, I'll check out Jwraps as well. Looks like both vaporskinz and jraps has a carbon fiber one. I wonder if its textured to go with the carbon fiber, looks like it might be since the price on the vaporskinz one is more expencive than all their non carbon fiber ones.

I'm assuming it doesn't contain any real carbon fiber mesh.

I know the Jwraps one has a texture as I've asked a few times to confirm myself. I think they might be using the new 3M carbon fiber wrapping which you can buy directly, but of course it wouldn't be that perfect fit/cut without a lot of hassle.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I know the Jwraps one has a texture as I've asked a few times to confirm myself. I think they might be using the new 3M carbon fiber wrapping which you can buy directly, but of course it wouldn't be that perfect fit/cut without a lot of hassle.

Nice, looks like vaporskinz has it in white and black. I used to hate any electronics that were white, I'm more of a black or grey kinda guy. But the white ones looks pretty clean.

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
For those that want a more durable cover you might consider using electrical shrink wrap. Now you won't get some nice designs but you'd get a durable cover with a good grip. I haven't done one but I would expect you'd need to fit it long and shrink it then cut when/where needed. A bit of work but for those that want a cheap grip cover it'd probably work pretty well.

Where can you find shrink wrap that large? I checked at the local Lowes and all of theirs was tiny...no way to stretch it that far.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Yea, the white one is looking pretty cool. Think I might pick it up.

I wonder if both jwraps and vaporskinz carbon fiber wraps are made the same. Like someone said earlyer, its prob just the same 3M carbon wrap that came out a wile back.

Jwraps carbon is 2 bucks cheaper and they have free shipping in the US. So I think they might be gettin my money over vaporskins. Unless someones got info on vaporskinz quality being better than jwraps?

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
My wraps from Vapor Skinz beat my VAMO's in...

20130102_134911.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread