Vamo V2 vs V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong but V1, V2, V5 have both have RMS and mean mode. V3 and V4 only have Mean mode...which from my understanding is more accurate / "better" method of determining voltage so I think a large percentage of vamo users use the mean mode...just from what I have gathered?

V4 is same as V3 except its in a V2 body and is missing RMS mode. V3 is missing RMS mode but has new chipset but has the "swirl" design. V5 has both the RMS and the mean mode but has V3 chipset but body similar to V2 design (non swirl stainless steal design).

Probably want to double check me on that but I think those are major differences.

At this point I would go with V3 or V5 depending on what you like for style. The V3 swirl design has some people liking it and others hating it. I personally like the design but find that the chrome finish is deteriorating rather quickly. I'm getting spots where hand/sweat gather that are removing chrome finish. The V5 comes in stainless steel that has everything the V3 has and if you dislike the swirl look that is your best bet as it has all features.

The only thing I've been cautioned about is buying a 1-2 adapters to save on your threads. https://www.fasttech.com/products/1284600

I'm pretty new to the game and think they fixed that with V3+ but for a 2$ it doesn't hurt to have some of those around so that you protect your main threads and only damage is done to adapter and tanks.

Snickerfritz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
USA
SuB³;11266250 said:
I only have a v5, but the output can be switched between RMS and mean.
Regarding LCD off and on setting, if you set to 'Off', the chosen resistance/battery/output info doesn't display each time you hit the fire button.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks. Of couse, I wasn't looking at the display when I was hitting the fire button, so I didn't even notice it was displaying!

cromagnon

Dec 6, 2010
Florida
Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong but V1, V2, V5 have both have RMS and mean mode. V3 and V4 only have Mean mode...which from my understanding is more accurate / "better" method of determining voltage so I think a large percentage of vamo users use the mean mode...just from what I have gathered?

V4 is same as V3 except its in a V2 body and is missing RMS mode. V3 is missing RMS mode but has new chipset but has the "swirl" design. V5 has both the RMS and the mean mode but has V3 chipset but body similar to V2 design (non swirl stainless steal design).

Probably want to double check me on that but I think those are major differences.

At this point I would go with V3 or V5 depending on what you like for style. The V3 swirl design has some people liking it and others hating it. I personally like the design but find that the chrome finish is deteriorating rather quickly. I'm getting spots where hand/sweat gather that are removing chrome finish. The V5 comes in stainless steel that has everything the V3 has and if you dislike the swirl look that is your best bet as it has all features.

The only thing I've been cautioned about is buying a 1-2 adapters to save on your threads. https://www.fasttech.com/products/1284600

I'm pretty new to the game and think they fixed that with V3+ but for a 2$ it doesn't hurt to have some of those around so that you protect your main threads and only damage is done to adapter and tanks.

Mohamed, you have it mostly right except you have the RMS and mean mode info backwards. I have corrected your statement below:

V1, V2, V5 have both have RMS and mean mode. V3 and V4 only have RMS mode...which from my understanding is more accurate / "better" method of determining voltage so I think a large percentage of vamo users use the RMS mode...just from what I have gathered?

V4 is same as V3 except its in a V2 body and is missing mean mode. V3 is missing mean mode but has new chipset but has the "swirl" design. V5 has both the RMS and the mean mode but has V3 chipset but body similar to V2 design (non swirl stainless steal design).

AFAIC, mean mode is truly mean. I don't see a use for it as I find it just too much. It's hard for me to get a vape that isn't making the coil too hot and causing burnt flavor. I have to say that all my attys fall between 1.5 - 2.5 ohms so, maybe mean mode is good for higher ohm attys (3 ohm >) but I find it useless.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Mohamed, you have it mostly right except you have the RMS and mean mode info backwards. I have corrected your statement below:

AFAIC, mean mode is truly mean. I don't see a use for it as I find it just too much. It's hard for me to get a vape that isn't making the coil too hot and causing burnt flavor. I have to say that all my attys fall between 1.5 - 2.5 ohms so, maybe mean mode is good for higher ohm attys (3 ohm >) but I find it useless.

Thanks for correction...memory is not what it used to be ;) Had most of it right just switched around some terminology.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Now I'm just confused. I had always heard to use no2 mode on the V2, but that apparently corresponds to the Mean mode, but people here seem to be saying not to use Mean mode.

I was wrong and mixed up my terminology...the RMS mode is the "preferred mode" Reread the correction that Corogman made to my post

V1, V2, V5 have both have RMS and mean mode. V3 and V4 only have RMS mode...which from my understanding is more accurate / "better" method of determining voltage so I think a large percentage of vamo users use the RMS mode...just from what I have gathered?

V4 is same as V3 except its in a V2 body and is missing mean mode. V3 is missing mean mode but has new chipset but has the "swirl" design. V5 has both the RMS and the mean mode but has V3 chipset but body similar to V2 design (non swirl stainless steal design).

I previously had post where I switched the RMS and mean around. The one above is correct.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
If you have the older V1 or V2 models

Refer to http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/481772-vamo-v3-instructions.html or more particularly this http://www.valleyvapes.com/assets/images/Vamo_Manual.pdf

VOLTAGE TYPE:
Voltage to the atomising device can be provided in two ways from the mod.
RMS and AVG. It is recommended that users use the RMS (Root Mean Square) mode as this will be a more reliable and accurate method of delivering consistently accurate voltage.

RMS mode = N02
AVG mode = N01

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Thank yous!

NP and sorry for my mixup between terminologies. You get old and things like that just happen ;) Eventually got it corrected for everyone though. It took me several days to get everything in my brain about the differences between V1-V5...a month later and some of that knowledge leaked out or somehow got flip flopped with the terminology.

Last edited:

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I'm not sure on that I think the V5 reintroduced both options. I'll have to google now to try and prove that...but that's what I remember when I was looking this stuff up about a month ago.

I've also read the V5's have both modes again. Members here with V5's have said so. From what I understand more than one manufacturer makes Vamos, however, so it is possible some V5s have it and some don't. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread