Vamo V3 or Itaste MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
My Smoktech Gripper is dying on me. Yesterday I screwed in my Igo L and the ohm reading is 0.0. The center pin is broken. It'll take me a while to get another one, maybe never. My Telemax is also failing, the button misfires or goes into menu. That leaves me with an SVD and an eVic. Three is the magical number for me. I love small form factor things, and the Gripper was my on the go device of choice. It's withstood every kind of abuse possible, and when I opened it up it was like brand new. All of my batteries work flawlessly on it. I'm crying my heart out...

I can't spend much on a new PV, it'll have to be what FT has in store. So out of the two possible choices is the MVP or the Vamo. I love the MVP form factor, but hate the fact I can't change the battery and it only goes to 5V. No wattage option. The Vamo does everything but I hate the tube form.

Shame that sigelei's attempt at a box was so poor...

TryinToQuit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2008
Both are well worth the money. I have both. (couple)

If you use the mvp long enough for the battery to wear out, I'd say you got your money's worth.
Comes with a couple clearomizers too.

The SS vamo is a very nice option. Solid unit. IMO the button press is way better than the mvp.
In 18650 mode it's pretty big but 18350 is manageable and the same height as the mvp.

If you need 6v and vw go with the vamo...but there is something to be said for the battery life and former factor of the mvp. It's also a well built unit.

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
What TryinToQuit said. I posed the same question with the same choices and the consensus was overwhelmingly MVP, so that's what I got.

It's awesome. Small enough to carry everywhere, very solid build and excellent battery life. I couldn't be happier. I only wish it had a way to check ohms, and I'd love to have VW instead of a stupid puff counter, but those are small things for me. I love it.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Awww, gripper failure must be in the air. I have 2 MVP's and for some reason I shoved them in my vape drawer and kind of forgot about them. Pulled one out last week when my gripper started to hit the skids. I remember why I loved the MVP when I got it! Solid lil thing, feels good compared to the gripper. It is narrower than the gripper and a little bit taller. Way more solid and substantial to hold as well. I really like it! I also use the new itaste VV/VW and really like those too. All available on FT if that is the best place for you! :)

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I've narrowed down to the same two choices with online research and have been basically undecided for a while now. I just got home from the local vape store, and they had an MVP behind the counter. Apparently they have some on order and will be carrying them in a week or two. The one they had was a personal unit of the owner, and he was nice enough to let me test drive it. Not only was I super impressed with the form and feel of it, I was surprised at the size, which looks much bigger online than it does in the hand. It pretty much made up my mind. On a side note, the juice he had in the tank on the thing was a Cinnamon/Apple pie mix, and I never thought I'd enjoy a cinnamon vape, but boy was it delicious. Flipping back and forth right now between here, looking for the best deal on an MVP (non-fasttech, can't wait that long as one of my eGo batts is getting a little wonky) and checking out cinnamon juices. (And yes, before anyone posts to warn me, I am aware that cinnamon is potentially a tank-buster. I have protanks ready and waiting :) )

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
You can get the MVP for $55.25 at iVape with the coupon code fightback1. Their shipping is pretty fast, too.

I've yet to find a bakery cinnamon that's a tank cracker. That's usually the red hot cinnamon that causes a problem. But as long as you have a ProTank you're covered anyway.

Nice! Thanks for the info!

Grizzie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Japan
I would get the vamo v2. I think it looks a lot better than the v3 IMHO. The lines on the v3 just looks bad to me. I got my v2 from HighDesertVapes for $59.99 its a vamo 2 kit that comes with batteries, charger, and 2 ce4 clearomizers. If your not trying to buy from fast tech this is the cheapest way to go! Here's the link Vamo Variable Volt/Watt APV V2.0 Kit - High Desert Vapes

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
I don't know if you all know this and I'm not sure the amp limit of the MVP, but it will fire at 1 ohm coil just fine lol hoked up my agi with a 1.1 ohm coil on my mvp wile my batts were charging and it vaped just fine.

Also I have had mine since it came out and have dropped kt from the handlebars of my mountain bike moving at high speeds at least 5-6 times onto concrete dirt in pavement aside from a few scratches the thing works perfectly fine still... it's built like a .......n tank I will tell you that in my battery still shows no signs of wear.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I don't have a Vamo but as someone already has stated, it has the same options as the SVD. That said, I love the Innokin product line. I have an MVP and it performs really good. PBusardo has a really good review of the MVP. According to his tests, the voltage is very consistent. I can attest to the battery life, wonderful. ALso can be used as a pass through while charging.
Edit: If you are willing to wait, $45 on fasttech and free shipping!

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina
Another vote for the MVP here.

I have an eVic, Vamo (v2), and MVP. Between the 3 of them, the MVP gets the most use. Only time I use the VAMO or eVic is when I am charging the MVP, or I need to test the resistance of a homemade coil. MVP lasts me almost 2 full days of heavy use, (goes yellow around the 750 puff mark, and red around the 900 range). The only thing it is missing in my opinion is a resistance tester. My mvp is a little over 2 months old, and has seen daily use since I received it.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You can NOT beat an attacker to a pulp with an MVP people! Vamo in 18650 mode is a different story :)

EDIT: As a Vamo 3 owner I have to agree with DancingHeretik . You'll have the different form factor with the MVP.

For personal defense I already have an SVD with a Terminator C... Hefty pair that vapes like heaven ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread