1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Vamo V5 secret feature.

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by Sad Society, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sad Society

Sad Society Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I found a secret feature by accident on the Vamo V5. Press and hold the check resistance button with no load. It should say 9.9 ohm. Keep holding and it will say MOBILE OUT ON. This was with a full battery and it will show full battery on screen. Now attach an atomizer and it will fire as soon as it makes contact. It tried it several times...attaching and reattaching the atomizer and it kept firing. But as soon as you press the fire button it will say, MOBILE OUT OFF and go back to normal. If you do it enough times I think the device safety kicks in and it actually gave me a message that said DANGER. And turn that mode off for me. Thought you guys should now about this on the V5.

I think this is supposed to act as a charger for your phone...if they made some kind of adapter, 510 to usb phone charger.

2. tjmmotox

tjmmotox Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

hmm.. I wonder if that would work, I have a 510 threaded (protank threadings?) charger that has a USB plug in so you can use any phone charger to charge the batteries, so I'm guessing in theory it would work?

3. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Or maybe a flashlight head

Check the volts out on the MOBILE OUT mode...if 5vdc, could be for an external charger?

Odd

4. Sad Society

5. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Great!

Now the Secrete is Out. And I was so close on my Vamo to Cell Phone charger Accessory Line.

Thanks Sad Society .

6. Dothan

Dothan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

7. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

8. zoiDman

Supporting member
  9. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Huge! Ya Think?

Don't wave that thing around in your Front Yard. Or a Low Flying 737-400 on approach might Turn Left when it Shouldn't

:blink:

10. MarkyD

MarkyD Senior Member ECF Veteran

Did anyone measure the mobile-out voltage yet and/or see if its pure dc in this mode? Kinda interested in the Saber flashlight heads but I bet it flickers on 33.3hz pwm. If its pure 3.7vdc or otherwise regulated dc I'll order the 3.7v one. Still using V2/V3 vamos here but my V5 should be here monday, I can test with the fluke scopemeter if no one else has by then.

11. Sad Society

That'd be great

12. MarkyD

Checked out the V5 output on the scopemeter, mobile-out is 6.05v pwm. So much for my dc idea, but it's still useful. I used a 510->test-probe adapter, but the vamo was picky about not wanting to see low load impedances, maybe output current is more limited in this mode. Even the scope probe impedance was low enough to make it shut off the mobile-out and revert back to vaping mode.

13. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Super Member ECF Veteran

The V5 does supply >6V to the pin in the mobile out mode but the charging adapter cuts it back to 5V.

If you check the V5 output with a probe and make any contact with ground, the display says "Short" and immediately kicks the Vamo back into vaping mode

14. MarkyD

True, but the question was whether it would work with the Saber flashlight heads without flicker. The heads were designed to work with Saber's mech mods which are pure dc, not pwm. Think Ill save the $18 and buy some nic instead.

Not much chance of that since I used a 510 probe adapter. The vamo didnt like the low input impedance of the test instrument, and I had no problem watching the pwm waveform in normal vaping mode.

15. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Super Member ECF Veteran

I don't think I have any desire to use a Vamo as a flashlight but it works very well as an emergency power source for my phone.

16. MarkyD

Yeah, all my vamo's work pretty well for vaping, and phones are annoying.

17. The Ministry

The Ministry
    Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Cheers for this

I was having issues with center pin issues and a air flow controller. Vamo couldn't pick up the tank and I got that mobile message and a battery display. Was most confused!

18. GeorgeIIII

GeorgeIIII Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think it's neat that you could theoretically use a VAMO as a flashlight, or perhaps even an emergency charger. That said, I'll just buy a flashlight rather than take the risk of shorting out my vape stick. If nothing else, I wish they would have incorporated the battery icon on the main display. Easier to read than a number...

19. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I remember reading bad things about RainbowHeaven when I first researched vaping.
    Didn't they make junk ego batteries or something a couple of years ago?

EDIT - I just did a quick search and found posts from late 2012 saying that Rainbow Heaven is the original Vamo manufacturer. Never mind.

20. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    bump...................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.