Vamo vs SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dontae92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I got my SVD through a coop for $56 . Build quality is phenomal and looks more interesting than the Vamo. It is a bit longer though. My buttons are oriented correctly with the screen (i.e. + button is above the screen.) Some peoples' arent. I personally like the LED button that changes from green to yellow to red according to battery charge. The only thing I don't like is the way cartos sound in dual 18350 mode ( Sounds like a lawn sprinkler because of the firing frequency). The screen is not as good as the Vamos. Overall its a great device if you can dish out the money for it. The 2 complete iClear 30s with 3 additional heads is a good edition to the package.

Where did you wind up getting it from? I'm thinking of getting one too.
Thanks.

I ended up getting mine from Vapor Break. If you log in every finish is only $30 USD and I couldn't pass up a deal like that. It's a China based vendor so delivery will take at least 10 days, but its better than spending $20 and waiting a few less days.

Julopy

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Austin, TX
got my SVD and vamo a few days apart, they both performed great, but after a while the svd performance started to decrease significantly and didnt hold the charge anymore. the vamo on the other hand, still hits like new. so in the long run, while built-in battery devices seem practical, replaceable battery mods are the best choice.

Last edited:

Dontae92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Long Beach, CA
got my SVD and vamo a few days apart, they both performed great, but after a while the svd performance started to decrease significantly and didnt hold the charge anymore. the vamo on the other hand, still hits like new. so in the long run, while built-in battery devices seem practical, replaceable battery mods are the best choice.

The SVD has nothing to do with holding a charge. Not quite sure of the point you were trying to get across there.

Last edited:

Numpty

Apr 25, 2013
London UK

I think there's some confusion between the MVP and SVD.
The MVP is a box mod with built in battery whereas the SVD is a tube mod with options to use 18650, 18500, single or dual 18350 batteries so any charging issues or battery performance drops are not likely to be related to the SVD.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The Vamo is definitely worth it. It's variable wattage which is an upgrade over VV plus is has a 5 amp switch which is rare, meaning you can use almost any atty/carto/tank on the market with it. And like any PV, be smart and DON'T OVER TIGHTEN THE ATTY/CARTO.

Here is one of the better priced US suppliers and where I got mine in three days from ordering:

VAMO Variable Volt/Watt APV V2

I ordered my Vamo from China and am very happy with it but a friend had issues with his and to say the least it's been a NIGHTMARE dealing with VaporBreak. I won't get into details but I'd rather spend the extra $20 and be assured of no hassles if the PV is a dud. Looks like he'll be spending a total of about $60 when all is said and done and prolly won't get it for another 1 1/2 months.

SVD or Vamo are two I am contemplating. While my first choice would be a Provari... based on trying it a few times. What I am most interested in as far a opinions... has anyone tried a Provari and than either the SVD and/or Vamo and what is opinion on the differences. The main reason I liked the Provari was smooth, consistent vapes, that just seemed to hit with perfection. How are the vapes with the SVD and/or Vamo. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Aquitis

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Phoenix AZ
I own all 3.

#1 All of these are really good devices.

#2 If you are going to shell out the $100 for a SVD shell out $140 for a blemished provari. The Provari's quality is unmatched and once you start to break mods $140 doesn't seem like much for the one that lasts. Also consider a Segelei Zmax. I consider it a mid grade mod most likely the best to come out of China.

#3 I really like the look of the SVD. I think it feels solid. One unlucky drop and its done because the screen protrudes out of the mod unlike all the rest. I also do not like the telescope model because lint from your pocket will get stuck in the cracks.

#4 Get a Vamo no matter what. For the price you cant go wrong. Its the price of an ego. You will need it anyway for high risk outings like fishing. This way if you lose it your only out 30 bucks and have your higher end devise at home. If you can get the stainless model because it will not look like crap in a month. Also the Version 3 of the Vamo has a removable cap allowing you to use the ego threads to vape off any device. This was a key for my mother because she likes kanger T3's

Aquitis

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Phoenix AZ
Oh and I am not a big fan of the Iclear. I have one and it creates a lot of vapor but it has a lot of flavor loss and wicks are expensive. I am a big fan of the protanks but I do not feel like the heads dont last long enough. For some reason I really like the Vivi nova knock off at ivape.net lots of vapor and good flavor does have the occasional dry hit though.

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
As with all these threads, mention Vamo or provari and out come the boys. If your choice is between a $50 Vamo kit, or a $100 SVD kit, I would get the Sigelei V3 Telescoping AVP. It's between those two costs, and better than either one. Looks fantastic with any topper and has all the bells and whistles, and more, of each of the other two. Since getting mine, I find myself really liking the 18350 setup, though I have both size batts. The quality and workmanship is excellent and it just feels right. The Provari also just feels right and a lot of people like it for this reason. I have two provari's but like the Sigelei V3 better. Additionally, I've come to like the mini's whereas previously I've had about a dozen 18650 setups. Just got in a Sigelei mini and really love that little device, particularly for stealth, out and about mode. I also love the eVod best of the bottom coil Kanger products, which work great on the Sigelei, or the two you are considering. Anyway, welcome to ECF, congrats on getting here, good luck and happy vaping. My two cents...

Aquitis

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Phoenix AZ
As with all these threads, mention Vamo or provari and out come the boys. If your choice is between a $50 Vamo kit, or a $100 SVD kit, I would get the Sigelei V3 Telescoping AVP. It's between those two costs, and better than either one. Looks fantastic with any topper and has all the bells and whistles, and more, of each of the other two. Since getting mine, I find myself really liking the 18350 setup, though I have both size batts. The quality and workmanship is excellent and it just feels right. The Provari also just feels right and a lot of people like it for this reason. I have two provari's but like the Sigelei V3 better. Additionally, I've come to like the mini's whereas previously I've had about a dozen 18650 setups. Just got in a Sigelei mini and really love that little device, particularly for stealth, out and about mode. I also love the eVod best of the bottom coil Kanger products, which work great on the Sigelei, or the two you are considering. Anyway, welcome to ECF, congrats on getting here, good luck and happy vaping. My two cents...

Are you talking about the Sigelei Zmax? What does it do that the Vamo or SVD do not? Mine looks like a Provari knock off. They even copied the divot pattern. Hits just as good as a Provari IMHO but makes a lot of noise.

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
I have a Vamo and a Sigelei ZMAX V3 and my SVD is in the mail.

The Vamo is a great little mod for the price no doubt. The one thing I dislike most about it is that it feels cheap in the hand. The SVD and the ZMAX just feel solid. And the ZMAX in shorty mode is just plain sexy.

The Vamo worries me because it feels like it will snap in half if I sat on it. But the Sigelei and SVD would probably hurt me before I hurt them.

In total, I paid about $150 for the three of them brand new. Yes, I could have bought a blemished Provari, but after trying one, I wasn't impressed. Plus, I prefer VW.

Either way, pick any of the four APVs mentioned in this thread and you will not be dissapointed.

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I will figure it out?

I bought the vomo v2, many months of great vaping, just the other day it stopped, may it RIP. I thought at first it was a low battery, I removed the bat and the small bat contact from the top of the tube fell out with the bat. It had a cold solder joint. I could not figure out how to repair, way up in the tube.

So I order a SID. It looks like solid PV, but not as much following as the vomo. It should be in next week. Until then I will use the ego's :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread