Vamo vv vw v2 - user manual for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthpistachio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
United Kingdom
Well I'm no expert for sure - but that battery is usually only recommended for light loads - most tests end up measuring it's capacity at half that of which it states - so it might be getting hot and the Vamo shutting everything off?

Also It is a protected cell and High drain non-protected cells are recommended for the Vamo - maybe the trustfire PCB circuit is tripping even though it's supposed to have a 4 A cutoff and the Vamo's limit is 3A.

But if trustfire claim 4000mah for the cell and it actually measures 2600 mah on average maybe they are being less than honest about the PCB current trip amount too...

Your other mods - do they have overheat protection?

Last edited:

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Just got mine in the mail today, charging as we speak. This manual will help out a lot since the one that came with the unit doesn't really explain much at all.

I got the starter kit that comes in a black box that says "eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV" on the front. Comes with a charger and two blue batteries that have no real writting on them except for some random non mah numbers. The charger and batteries have no real indication of which way they should face when placed in the charger either. I think I have it correct since I'm assuming the ring indintation around the batt at one end is the positive/up side.

This is my first "big boy" APV... only have been using eGo twists and Vision spinners up until now.

How can I tell what version of vamo I have? I guess this manual is for version 2. I don't know enough to tell which one I got. Sorry if the manual explains this, I havnt read it yet do to a computer issue I'm working out (on my phone now).

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Just got mine in the mail today, charging as we speak. This manual will help out a lot since the one that came with the unit doesn't really explain much at all.

I got the starter kit that comes in a black box that says "eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV" on the front. Comes with a charger and two blue batteries that have no real writting on them except for some random non mah numbers. The charger and batteries have no real indication of which way they should face when placed in the charger either. I think I have it correct since I'm assuming the ring indintation around the batt at one end is the positive/up side.

This is my first "big boy" APV... only have been using eGo twists and Vision spinners up until now.

How can I tell what version of vamo I have? I guess this manual is for version 2. I don't know enough to tell which one I got. Sorry if the manual explains this, I havnt read it yet do to a computer issue I'm working out (on my phone now).

I guess it's version 2. I got it at VaporBreak and they called it "VV650 VAMO Mod Version 2 STARTER KIT (with metal buttons)
also called eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV (eGo APV)"

Here's some pics on it:
IMG_20121229_112031.jpg IMG_20121229_112113.jpg IMG_20121229_112148.jpg

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I see that your manual states...
Protected type Li-Ion batteries will not work in this device – the over current protection renders them unusable as they usually have a current limit of 2.5 Amperes...

Just curious where you get that figure. I've been using Orbtronic's Protected 2900mAh 18650 Li-ion Battery - Cell Panasonic NCR18650 - Protection ICs- Made in Japan - Top Button in my Vamo with no trouble. I tried it up to a supposed 15W, though I don't have any high resistance devices for it.

So far, I've only seen a comment on Amazon where the commenter stated,
I know these batteries (according my battery analyzer) will work under 8A load without problems. Protection will trip between 8.5A, and 9A.
Orbtronic's site doesn't specify the amps for this specific battery, but shows 8A for their 3100mAh version.

They don't claim to be high drain, but...maybe the protection circuit brand makes the difference?

Darthpistachio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
United Kingdom
Most protected cell batteries have that low of a cut-off - things like the cheaper trust-fires for example - if the battery manufacturer states that the battery can handle a high amperage load then you can take the chance.

The theoretical maximum of the device is 30 watts with a 1.2 ohm coil pulling 5 Amps at 6v but I think you'll find it hard to achieve that

the variable wattage mode will limit you to 15 watts which gives with the same 1.2 ohm coil approx 4.2 volts with 3.5 amps

I personally use AWR cells and the Panasonic hybrid Li-Ion cells that can handle a discharge current of 10A and have no problems.

Basically if your batteries are rated to be able to safely handle 5A loads without tripping then if you're comfortable with that give them a try - your biggest obstacle will be whether the stated manufacturers amp trip limit is factual or not :)

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
I've ordered a V2 Vamo VV/VW Mod Stainless Steel From 3W to 15W Full Starter Kit with 2 vivi novas.

I've read the manual, but am a little confused about settings for vivi novas and clearomizers. I currently use a Spinner with 3.3v to 4.8v and clearomizers. What settings should I use for each?

Thanks for the manual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread