Attachments

• 20171007_193801.jpg
    20171007_193801.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 229

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Tried four different builds on the Berserker yesterday night. The aim is to get the same vape behaviour of the Nautilus mini with 18 mg/ml e-liquid.
So, the build that allows "parity" with the Nautilus mini using 18 mg/ml e-liquid (50 - 70 micrograms of nicotine per a 400 - 500 cc volume puff) is with a 1.5 mm I.D. coil, tightly spaced 8 turns of 0.3 mm Kanthal wire for 1.4 Ohm resistance, wicked snugly with cellucotton (rayon). Power at 8.5 - 10 Watt.
Any bigger coil, a 2 mm I.D. per example, require the use of 6 mg/ml e-liquid, while doubling - trebling the e-liquid consumption.
This tank feeds on the pressure created by the weight of the liquid, similarly to the Kayfun, and produce a similar vape. As such, the lack of a liquid control is the only shortcoming of the Berserker. It has happened that, while refilling, I had some leakage from the air holes.
Because of pressure feed, it is almost impossible to get a dry hit.
I noted as bigger coils may produce some spitback.
If using microcoils, as I do, the 2 ml option is the most suited.
It is possible to install > 2.5 mm I.D. coils and use 3 mg/mg liquids, allowing for an unsatisfactory restricted DTL.
Because of the tank diameter, many mods will show overhang. I still have to "marry" my Berserker to a mod because of this.
Some research indicated that "Enter a state of wild fury" is the description of a videogame character before he is transformed into a Berserker, similar to our Hulk character. All in all, I would like Vandy Vape to drop the circumferential inscription on the tank in the next batches.
Now.. I would like to compare the Berserker to the new Svoemesto Prime...

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
My two Berserker are coiled with 1.5 mm coils. They works wonder, no gurgling at all.
1.5 mm I.D. coil is the only option if you want to use 18 mg/ml. With 2 mm diameter coil, you must use 6 mg for the same nicotine hit.
Both my liquids are 18mg. nic.. 95% PG on one and the other is 75% PG. I'm still working with a 2.5mm id coil tho. Working great but I want to try a smaller coil next.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
How about this one

got the berserker and the Sinuous mod ordered and "ready to ship" from fasttech :D
opted for the Sinuous over the eVic Primo mini as i don`t own a mod where the atty sits central,
i think it`s going to be smaller than i first thought as well.....hopefully they`l be with me within a few weeks.
thanks ricks for the photo`s....pretty sure it was earlier on in this thread i first saw the Sinuous
along with the Primo mini later, both from you :thumb:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
got the berserker and the Sinuous mod ordered and "ready to ship" from fasttech :D
opted for the Sinuous over the eVic Primo mini as i don`t own a mod where the atty sits central,
i think it`s going to be smaller than i first thought as well.....hopefully they`l be with me within a few weeks.
thanks ricks for the photo`s....pretty sure it was earlier on in this thread i first saw the Sinuous
along with the Primo mini later, both from you :thumb:
It's my favorite vape these days. They just go together. I hope you get them soon and you like them as much as I do. Good Luck !

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Finally got my Berserker. Like it overall, put in the large glass tank and my standard setup: 2,5mm ID Kanthal A1 coil GA28 (0.32 mm) slighly spaced, 8 turns results in ~1.5 Ohms. Vaping my standard mojito 50:50 juice mix with 15 watts, second largest airhole, smooth and silent vape, but very little vape production, much less than my Skyline with the same setup. Also noticed that the Berserker gets quite hot after a few chain vapes. Any ideas to get more steam out of that?
K.

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Finally got my Berserker. Like it overall, put in the large glass tank and my standard setup: 2,5mm ID Kanthal A1 coil GA28 (0.32 mm) slighly spaced, 8 turns results in ~1.5 Ohms. Vaping my standard mojito 50:50 juice mix with 15 watts, second largest airhole, smooth and silent vape, but very little vape production, much less than my Skyline with the same setup. Also noticed that the Berserker gets quite hot after a new chain vapes. Any ideas to get more steam out of that?
K.

Use less turns, 6 turns 3mm is what I use. You have way too much coil in there and not enough air is getting through, thus the small vapour production and it getting warmer.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Use less turns, 6 turns 3mm is what I use. You have way too much coil in there and not enough air is getting through, thus the small vapour production and it getting warmer.

Disagree here. I use his exact build with the airflow on the second smallest hole with tons of vapor. His issue is something else. My guess would be not enough cotton/incorrect wicking or incorrect coil position.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread