-Vandy Vape Govad Single Coil RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Hey folks im starting this thread for people to share there experiences with the Govad also builds tips and reviews will all be welcome. I have had mine for almost a week and will be posting my review in this thread today or tomorrow. My initial experience has been mixed. It can put out very decent flavor but under pretty specific conditions and really needs large exotic single coils to perform. Also filling slash dripping in this thing has been a major PITA for me and it has been one of my biggest issues I usually end up removing the top cap and either using a long tipped unicorn or Syringe to get in there and fill it as much as possible. Reports of a ginormous juice well are just wrong. Due to the design when wicked this thing does not take safely more than 1ml of juice and that's pushing it. Sigh.... I had such high hopes 8/
IMG_20170327_171240770.jpg

This is with a large 2x 26g x 6 x .4x36g n80 Framed Staple ohming out to .15 single coil

Reactions: AnthonyB

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I think it's between this one or the pharaoh rta. I need something I can put huge single coils in.
I have both and I would go with the Pharaoh RTA. It can fit huge coils and for a single coil RTA it puts a lot of Dual coil RTAs to shame.

Edit
So the deck in the pharaoh is maybe a tiny bit smaller then the Govad but they are actually very very close. I want to love the Govad SO SO much but I really am struggling with this thing. I have tried 3 different builds in it starting with a very tame 2x28gx38g 316l Clapton and found that pretty lack luster I then tried a dual coil build with 22g n80 which was a little better but was a pain in the ... and while dual coils do fit and work in this RDA it just really reinforced to me that it was intended for Single .... off Wide as yer mum Instagram coils.

Last edited:

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
So I am having a hell of a time with this RDA. I have it dialed in where I am getting a good vape but unless I want juice all over my hands and my mod I have to paint my coils and for me that is a HUGE NEGATIVE. I love bottom airflow but if I cant easily drip into the RDA its not worth the time and effort. I'll say it again I REALLY want to like this RDA as it really checks off a lot of things im looking for in an RDA.

- Looks Great ✓
- Goon driptips ✓
-Single Coil ✓
-Easy to build on deck & fits large coils✓
- Conical shape on inner top cap ✓
- Lots of Airflow Options ✓
- Super Messy and leaks more then Julian Assange ✓ having to carry a roll of paper towels around priceless 8(

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
So I am having a hell of a time with this RDA. I have it dialed in where I am getting a good vape but unless I want juice all over my hands and my mod I have to paint my coils and for me that is a HUGE NEGATIVE. I love bottom airflow but if I cant easily drip into the RDA its not worth the time and effort. I'll say it again I REALLY want to like this RDA as it really checks off a lot of things im looking for in an RDA.

- Looks Great ✓
- Goon driptips ✓
-Single Coil ✓
-Easy to build on deck & fits large coils✓
- Conical shape on inner top cap ✓
- Lots of Airflow Options ✓
- Super Messy and leaks more then Julian Assange ✓ having to carry a roll of paper towels around priceless 8(
Look on youtube for the review the vaping biker did on the govad. He made a coil that could be drip on from the top. Check it out

Reactions: Sed8op8

pls0138

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
Hmmm....I was very much interested in this rda but your thoughts have given me cause to pause. I basically had the same feelings you have about this rda with my Hadaly. I was absolutely in love with the concept of the design, I wanted so much to like it, but when push came to shove it just didn't work for me. I'm not surprised the juice capacity isn't all it "should" be, the set up of the posts and juice well are very similar to the Hadaly (as is that side air flow) and this was a major con for me personally. Ease of use is basically the deciding factor for me now a days. There are so many drippers out there that came perform the way I want them to, it just doesn't make sense to use something that is gonna cause problems.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Hmmm....I was very much interested in this rda but your thoughts have given me cause to pause. I basically had the same feelings you have about this rda with my Hadaly. I was absolutely in love with the concept of the design, I wanted so much to like it, but when push came to shove it just didn't work for me. I'm not surprised the juice capacity isn't all it "should" be, the set up of the posts and juice well are very similar to the Hadaly (as is that side air flow) and this was a major con for me personally. Ease of use is basically the deciding factor for me now a days. There are so many drippers out there that came perform the way I want them to, it just doesn't make sense to use something that is gonna cause problems.
Ya unfortunately the Govad might work for some people but it's just not for me. I am primarily an RTA girl but have really started using RDAs more and more now that squonking is becoming more affordable and main stream. If I can't squonk I want something that I can easily drip through the drip tip and all though I prefer side airflow I do not mind bottom airflow if down right. With the Kennedy 24/25, SubZero,Reload,NoPity and Tokugawa I can either drip through the drip tip or drip into without really disrupting my vaping experience and those are all bottom airflow.

Also because of the design there is a lot of empty space for a single coil dripper with all of the indirect airflow it is horribly inefficient and really takes a very large coil to offset it. For instance my current build is a Ginormous 3.5mm framed staple and it's a good vape but I have put this same build in my Aeronaut 24 and the flavor is AMAZING

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I seriously thought of getting this, but I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts reading the initial post, lol.
How does it perform with simple wires? As I prefer a simple round coil or 2-strand twisted for my builds.
I don't have one but this RDA really isn't designed for simple builds. Fortunately there are alot of nice RDAs out there now. Good luck

Reactions: Sed8op8

Raizo III

Jan 14, 2017
Didnt think i would like this, but i did. My 3.5mm single fused clapton ohmed out to .3 firing at 50w and man, the balance between vapor and flavor is pretty great, not intense but great. I leave the side airflows open just a smidge and leave the bottom af wide open. Planning to buy some bigger coils next week. And oh, i dont paint my coils, i drip at an angle just like how it was in the Pharaoh Dripper Tank.. No leaking so far.

nicnac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Los Angeles
Didnt think i would like this, but i did. My 3.5mm single fused clapton ohmed out to .3 firing at 50w and man, the balance between vapor and flavor is pretty great, not intense but great. I leave the side airflows open just a smidge and leave the bottom af wide open. Planning to buy some bigger coils next week. And oh, i dont paint my coils, i drip at an angle just like how it was in the Pharaoh Dripper Tank.. No leaking so far.
Received this bad boy three days ago and been vaping it constantly. and very happy with it. Like Raizo said if you drip in an angle right where the two side air flows are blocked (on each side), the juice will drop on the wick shoulders. I have watched all the youtube reviews on this RDA and not one of them have mentioned this style of dripping. It's getting harder and harder to find a good review on youtube theses days.
Using a 3.5mm clapton coil. Haven't tried anything bigger YET.

Last edited:

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got mine in last night and I like it...sort of. I'm a big stickler for proper AFC on anything unless I pull out my old stuff which takes specific builds and have seen the drill press a few times. The direct dripping is a PITA but this is to be expected with a centered bottom air flow. The thing I don't like about it is, if you adjust the bottom afc any it throws the top afc out of align with the ports.
This design leaves a little to be desired when it comes for fine tuning the AFC. I think they should have included maybe a plug or reducers for the bottom inlets. It's good, maybe great for some but could have been just a little better, but it by no means bad.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Update

After much finangling and multiple builds I have actually come to find a comfortable understanding with the Gonnad. As long as it Chuck's flavor and doesnt leak all over we have an understanding and it's been holding up it's end of the deal. I really just had to change the style of my dripping and dial the airflow down a bit for it to perform

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
So what is the secret?

I can't use mine without it leaking from the bottom airflow slots. I even closed the bottom air off and juice still travels down the center air hole and leaks out between the cap and deck since the slots are below the lower deck o-ring.

My Govad is sitting on the shelf. It vapes well enough but I can't deal with the leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread