Vandy Vape Pyro 24 RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, in this review i take a look at the Pyro 24 RDTA by Vandy vape. I would like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy who supplied the item free of charge for the purpose of this review.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vandy-v...11003.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 Pyro 24 RDTA
1 Replacement Glass Tube
1 18.5mm Delrin Doc Drip Tip
1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1 Accessory Bag
1 Tri Tool

Available in Black, Silver, Gold and Rainbow

Aesthetics

The Pyro is quite a short, stumpy affair with a rounded top the matching Ultem glass and drip tip helps secure it as a very pleasing to the eye tank.

Disassembling and Assembling the tank

To take the tank completely to bits so you can wash it or change to the clear pyrex glass first you need to unscrew the 510 pin which then allows you to remove a retainer pin. You then line the air holes up to remove the entire top section (which then seperates into two pieces) to reveal the postless deck. The deck can then be removed from the glass tube. obviously to assemble is just doing reversing the procedure.

Specs

24mm Diameter
4mL Juice Capacity
Superior Stainless Steel Construction
ULTEM Glass Reinforcement
Optional Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
Innovative Postless, Quad Terminal Design
2.5mm by 3mm Terminal Openings
Side-Secured via Phillips Flat Screws
Two PEEK-Insulated Positive Terminal Posts
Two Negative Terminal Posts
Single or Double Coil Configurations
Mixed Airflow Intake System - Two Different Airflow Channels
Convenient In-Fill Mode - Refill via Removing Top Cap
17.5mm Wide ULTEM Drip Tip
18.5mm Wide Delrin Doc Drip Tip
510 Drip Tip Adapter
Gold-Plated 510 Connection

The Build and Wicking

The 24 mm postless deck is the star of the show. It has two ramps which aims air at the back of the opposite coil so air will get to the entire coil solving the past failings of a side airflow. This unique airflow design together with the stumpy design of the tank should give great flavour. Fixing your coils in place is easy enough and the large wicking holes make wicking a breeze (i'm liking this a lot).
The two holes on the deck which are there to lock the top section into place can double up as filling holes so no need to disturb the wicking every time you fill the tank.

Performance

The first thing to mention before going on to how it performed is the textured black drip tip option is awful. It is so rough on the lips, not pleasant at all. Luckily it comes with a nice Ultem drip tip and a goon fits perfectly, you also get an adapter so you can use a favourite 510, and that's the way i rock 'n' roll.

I did a duel fused clapton build which came out at just over 0.28 (I was aiming for 0.3 but i'm still a work in progress). Wow the flavour is comparable to a RDA, Vandy Vape have nailed it with the Pyro. I can only put it down to the airflow system and tank design as i'm not the greatest at builds. 50W with a 0.28 build and both cloud production and flavour is seriously RDA standard. Because the lower of the 2 sections that make up the top of the tank locks into place allows for the top section to turn, making adjusting the airflow simple. I personally had the airflow wide open which gave me a very smooth vape. Whether a single coil build will give the same results i doubt as although you can do a single coil build the airflow is designed with a duel build in mind.

Great airflow design
large wicking slots
Seperate holes for filling
Didn't leak
Easy to build and wick
RDA quality flavour

Dislikes

Throw away the black drip tip.

Conclusion

The Pyro 24 RDTA is a seriously good tank which gives RDA flavour. Building and wicking is very easy and can be filled with no mess. You really can be both a cloud and flavour chaser.

I would like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy once again for supplying the Vandy Vape Pyro 24 RDTA and you can buy it here for an amazing price of only £17.76:

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vandy-v...11003.html

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
The main reason for the great flavour are the angled ramps that aim air at the back of the coils. Using a single coil would bypass that part of the design.
I only run single coils and this pyro produces great flavor. I use a 316L SS, 6wrap,
4 mm,.50 ohm coil @ about 20w. I'm a flavor hound and this RDTA sitting on a Pro Vape Radius hits the spot.​

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
I only run single coils and this pyro produces great flavor. I use a 316L SS, 6wrap,
4 mm,.50 ohm coil @ about 20w. I'm a flavor hound and this RDTA sitting on a Pro Vape Radius hits the spot.​
I will have to try a couple of single coils builds and see.

• Agree
Reactions: SnapDragon NY

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
I've heard it said that the Pyro doesn't vape as well in single coil mode as dual coil. I tend to disagree, granted the Pyro in single coil will not have the surface area that a dual coil will and the air flow ramps don't match as well in single coil mode. But, you have a massive, wide open deck to work with. Why not take advantage of it to and build a single coil that will utilize the unique air flow design of the Pyro. Of course my first thought was a bigger coil to fill the void. I have been using 3.5 mm dia. coil for some time, so I decided to try a ss 26ga. 4mm coil to start. The 4mm coil looked tiny inside the Pyro. It did vape very well and I was very satisfied with my purchase (since I rarely use dual coil builds). It kept bugging me that I wasn't utilizing the full potential of the Pyro. I decided that if big was good bigger would be better. So, I dug up a 6mm drill bit and wound up a ss 26ga 6mm coil, it turned out to be a monster, but it fit. I'm installing this monster size coil and disaster happens, it slips from my hand I hear it bounce twice and ... I spend far too long searching for it, become frustrated and decide to take a break. While taking a relaxing vape break, after accepting the I wasn't going to find that *** coil, I contemplated what I had learned.
1) the 6mm coil was huge and would put it much closer to the drip tip
2) their wouid be a large amount of wick at the center of the coil that does nothing
3) still not getting the air flow where I want it.
My solution was a massive oval shaped coil. I set about measuring every small rectangular item that I could find lying around the house. What I had in mind was something like a popsicle stick, but was coming up empty. While digging through our kitchen junk drawer, my son came in and asked what I was looking for. I told him I needed something like a popsicle stick for a project. He goes I got a stick from a corn dog that I ate, you want that? Eureka, That corndog stick measured to be 7mm x 3mm, it is perfect. After making a ss 22 ga. 7mm x 3mm oval coil I had a bit of trouble removing the wooden stick. After getting it out and wicking this bad boy up, wow. Great flavor. I'm vaping a 4mm round coil and the oval coil both on the Pyro (I have 2) for comparison. Forget that, their is no comparison, the oval coil is out performing the round coil hands down.

Ps. Found this on youtube (after I finished of course)

He makes a Clapton oval coil, I just used ss 22ga. instead. Same principle. He installs the oval coil on a 2 post deck. In my application the oval is horizontal to the deck instead of vertical as his is.
After vaping these coils for a day, my assessment is I may never build another round coil again. The flavor that I'm getting is in unmatched. Another benefit I've noticed is spit back is virtually nil. The vape is nice and warm without feeling too hot, maybe because of less spit back. The post less deck has met its match at last. You should try one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Wiseman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread