Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I started focusing on SIMPLE recipes (just posted my 2 flavour grape candy) after getting sick of trying to recreate popular juice that contain sometimes a dozen different flavours. I mean, do I really want to measure out 0.1ml of 3 different vanillas for a single 30ml bottle? No thanks. :p

I love vanilla custard and have been playing around with a simple recipe that tastes as good or better than $20 stuff. After a few crappy batches, I think I nailed a great (to me) vanilla custard. It isn't to heavy, so I am liking it for an ADV.

60VG/40PG @ 6mg.

Capella's Vanilla Custard v1 - 10%
Capella's Butter - 0.2%
Flavour West Graham Cracker - 2%
Lorann Cotton Candy - 2%

I mixed up 100ml today and it tastes great right away. I expect it will get better after 3-4 weeks as I find most of my DIYs that contain Capella's vanilla custard does.

The butter may be unnecessary and most people will likely prefer the recipe without it.

Let me know your thoughts!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Made this today...My first recipe on my scale in gr...It is very good! I left out the butter only because I was too lazy to look for it..lol...shake n vape is very enjoyable...In a week or two it should be amazing...I am hoping a lil more graham cr will come out...ty for sharing...:banana::vapor:
I made another batch without the butter. I prefer it without. :)

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I started focusing on SIMPLE recipes (just posted my 2 flavour grape candy) after getting sick of trying to recreate popular juice that contain sometimes a dozen different flavours. I mean, do I really want to measure out 0.1ml of 3 different vanillas for a single 30ml bottle? No thanks. :p

I love vanilla custard and have been playing around with a simple recipe that tastes as good or better than $20 stuff. After a few crappy batches, I think I nailed a great (to me) vanilla custard. It isn't to heavy, so I am liking it for an ADV.

60VG/40PG @ 6mg.

Capella's Butter - 0.2%
Lorann Cotton Candy - 2%

I mixed up 100ml today and it tastes great right away. I expect it will get better after 3-4 weeks as I find most of my DIYs that contain Capella's vanilla custard does.

The butter may be unnecessary and most people will likely prefer the recipe without it.

Sounds good. All i vape all day every day is 2.5 % CAP Vanilla custard V2,2.5% CAP French Vanilla V2. Steeped for 4 weeks,shaken every day.This is simple but absolutely delicious.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
started focusing on SIMPLE recipes (just posted my 2 flavour grape candy) after getting sick of trying to recreate popular juice that contain sometimes a dozen different flavours. I mean, do I really want to measure out 0.1ml of 3 different vanillas for a single 30ml bottle? No thanks.][/

Some times you do. It can be the difference between a great vape and a ADV that will curl your toes. It can be a lot of error and trial yes I ment error and trial lol. What you have is a good custard but don't be afraid to up the anti sometimes it is well worth it. If it sounds like I am ripping on your post I am not just trying to help. Every ones taste is different sometimes you need to change the % a tad. Or think outside the box like instead of butter go with French vanilla or bavarian cream or vanilla cupcake or yellow cake.

When I made my custard I got the base down then would add a drop of something to my tank to see if it made it better or worse. I would then vape a tank of my base to get back to my starting point. Then add a drop of something else to the next tank, sometimes combine a couple. By doing that you are not making a 30ml bottle each time you want to try a little something new. So to answer your question " do I really want to measure out 0.1ml of 3 different vanillas for a single 30ml bottle? Nope you don't but you just might be missing out on something better. Like always YMMV and thank you for the post.

Last edited:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

60VG/40PG @ 6mg.

Capella's Butter - 0.2%
    Lorann Cotton Candy - 2%

Looks good, gonna try this with Peanut Butter instead of butter as I love a Peanut Butter Custard and have been looking for a good recipe :thumb:

Reactions: BreSha6869

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5

60VG/40PG @ 6mg.

Capella's Butter - 0.2%
    Lorann Cotton Candy - 2%

just mixed this up, pretty tasty as SnV. Got it soaking in a crock pot on the warm setting for a few hours now along with another recipe I made to try and speed it up a bit.

Sounds good. All i vape all day every day is 2.5 % CAP Vanilla custard V2,2.5% CAP French Vanilla V2. Steeped for 4 weeks,shaken every day.This is simple but absolutely delicious.

This sounds good too but I didn't order any of the FV on my last order. What do you think about swapping that out with vanilla swirl?

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    just mixed this up, pretty tasty as SnV. Got it soaking in a crock pot on the warm setting for a few hours now along with another recipe I made to try and speed it up a bit.

This sounds good too but I didn't order any of the FV on my last order. What do you think about swapping that out with vanilla swirl?
    I have never tried vanilla swirl but go for it.I find you really need to steep the VC V2 though or it tastes awful.At least three weeks then it is really delicious!

Reactions: Fozzy71

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    I have never tried vanilla swirl but go for it.I find you really need to steep the VC V2 though or it tastes awful.At least three weeks then it is really delicious!
    We must be polar opposites.
    I found the custard notes in the V2 went away after a couple days.
    (only run between 4-6% though.)

Some blueberry in the mix really gives it a nice edge if you're getting a little bored of it.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    We must be polar opposites.
    I found the custard notes in the V2 went away after a couple days.
    (only run between 4-6% though.)

Some blueberry in the mix really gives it a nice edge if you're getting a little bored of it.
    LOL strange because i only run between 4% and 5%.This is all i vape all day every day.I do have some Blueberry,maybe i will try a batch.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    LOL strange because i only run between 4% and 5%.This is all i vape all day every day.I do have some Blueberry,maybe i will try a batch.
    It was Caps VC that helped me quit cigs completely back when.
    It was the one mix I could vape all day every day. Honourable mentions to Van. Cupcake and Van. Bean ice cream(Flavour West I think) When I couldn't get the regular VC these were a nice change. Cheers.

Reactions: Dubminer

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    It was Caps VC that helped me quit cigs completely back when.
    It was the one mix I could vape all day every day. Honourable mentions to Van. Cupcake and Van. Bean ice cream(Flavour West I think) When I couldn't get the regular VC these were a nice change. Cheers.
    Same here,i quit cigs with the VC but mixing it with equal parts French vanilla really opens it up to me.

Reactions: Hitmetwice
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread