Status
Not open for further replies.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Yes...very quite, lots to do today...hopefully I can share some very exciting news but not for another week or so and NO I'm not PREGO...

anywho...before I'm drawn and quartered:shock:

On short trips through town with lots of lights I do drip when I can refill when I'm stopped at a light or with passengers when they can refill me...if I'm going on a long ride by myself I will tank it :) So its OK Glen you can ride with me, I'll pass to you to refill or if we are on a long ride I'll have my tank I'm always prepared for just about anything!

Just wanted to stop in say Hi!!!! and hope y'all had a FAB weekend and are looking forward to a WONDERFUL week!!

:wub:

Are you sure you want to pass it to me to drip it? If it's a flavor I like, you might not get it back! Yes, I can vape with both hands since you'll be the one driving. :D

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I made it home,, but dang I'm tired... haven't done Barb's order yet.. think I"ll do it tomorrow.. beddy bye for me guys, I'll catch up tomorrow.. sleep well vapers!!

Welcome home Luv! Hope the trip was wonderful, and congrats on converting Barb! YAY!!!!

K....I need bottles so I'm putting together an order at DeeJ so of course I'm going to add juice to my order. I have some picked out but any suggestions? Must buys???
If you can hold off on ordering from deej for a few days, I have samples of several of his juices ready to be mailed out to you today or tomorrow ;)

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
OMG... I just typed out this whole darn message and lost it!! Short version is... we had a fabulous weekend!! So fun to get away, but also good to get home.

Glen.. loaded up my Vivi this morning and all I can say is WOW!!! I'm impressed with this thing! White Peach ala Zoe,, not quite to the top, let it sit for a few minutes and put it on the LT.. AT 3.8 it's pretty awesome! Great flavor, really good throat hit, no burnt, no icky at all! I also got a mini-sub tank from mom and pop,, loaded that with some Dragon's Blood and that too is pretty sweet. Wicked easy to refill too with that thumb screw on the side. Definitely not for carrying around in the pocket but really good flavor and th from that one too.

I ordered Barb's KGO this morning,, some single coil cartos and some White Peach ala Zoe. I can't figure out why she resists so hard,, it's almost like she considers it a failure of some sort. I hate to tell her,,, but every analog she bums from her husband is the true failure. She's not the flavor hound I am,, she was quite content with the Zoe all weekend and the one KGO I gave her on Friday afternoon lasted her the whole weekend. Maybe she'll finally stop bumming the stinkies.

So one of my KGOs fried.. I charged it up, got one puff out of it and it died. It's totally dead,, button doesn't light at all. Do you guys think it's dead?? I wonder if it can be fixed somehow? Maybe I'll list it on the classys for free to some guy that likes to tinker. I don't know enough to tear the thing apart.. besides, I've got three other ones and an Ego and an LT.. not like I really really need it.

Guess I better get ready for work.. you guys have a good one,, I'll be checkin in later.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Is that the same kgo you thought was dead last week? It could just be the cart, but if it is happening continuously, it may be time to pass it along - was it one of your pretty red ones?

Glad you're loving the ViVi and mini-sub tanks! Let us know how they continue to work out :)

Hope everyone is having a great vaping day!

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Yes it was one of my pretty red ones :( I guess I've had the red ones about three months, I know these things don't last forever but I thought it should last a little more than three months. It was one of the older ones, didn't have the shutoff feature. For less than $20 I'll order another red one from Hoosier to replace it and it should have the shutoff. I really like having backups. And backups for my backups!!

Mythus-- no pee for me tonight but that made me laugh :)

Glen, do you have a pic of your new goodie box? I think I'll run to home depot tomorrow and look at what they've got but I'd really like to see yours. (you show me yours & I'll show you mine :)) I dragged all my stuff out and eeegads it's such a disorganized MESS. I really must do something about that!!

I used my Vivi and my mini-sub tank all morning and still impressed with both. I think I may have to place a juice order, down to one bottle of Zoe & if I run out I'll be upset!!

Gotta run, later vapers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I'd love to see pictures of your new tanks Luv! I like back ups for my backups, too - nothing wrong with making sure there's no chance we'll be unable to vape & potentially slip back into the icky stinkies habit!

Organization is good - would love pictures of everyone's goodie boxes! I'm pretty organized at this point, but all in separate boxes, containers or drawers in a few different places, which is okay, but I'd love to have everything in one or two easily portable containers!

I made it to the DMV today to pick up a temporary disabled parking permit - it was a surprisingly quick visit, so I thought I'd stop at WalMart to pick up a few groceries and look at some vape gear storage options. When I arrived, there were no handicap spots open, but I was able to park just a few spots down :) When I got into the store, there were no electric carts available. Stubborn dummy that I am, I decided to push a cart. It was a stupid choice on my part, my back really couldn't handle it, but I was smart enough to skip the storage option browsing and just get a few staples we were out of, like milk and bananas.

The interesting thing about the trip was that I kept noticing the people using the electric carts - Of the 6 electric carts I noticed, 5 were in use by people who were larger than the electric cart they were driving. I'm sure they felt they needed to or deserved to use the electric cart because they might have been winded or tired if they didn't use it, and they may have had co-morbid conditions that weren't visible to the casual observer, but I can't help but feel that they would have been better served by PUSHING a cart while walking behind it and leaving the electric carts for people who genuinely needed them. I'm not generally judgmental about weight, I've battled it all of my life, and I know how much of a struggle it can be, but today this irked me. A little bit of exercise probably wouldn't have killed them, and would likely have done them some good - on the other hand, I pushed a cart for about 30minutes - 6 hours of rest and two rounds of meds later, I can still barely move.

Wow, okay, just reread the above, and am ending my whiney rant now. I really just meant to say that after all that, I didn't make it to the post office, but I will try to get there tomorrow or Wednesday :)

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Glen.. loaded up my Vivi this morning and all I can say is WOW!!! I'm impressed with this thing! White Peach ala Zoe,, not quite to the top, let it sit for a few minutes and put it on the LT.. AT 3.8 it's pretty awesome! Great flavor, really good throat hit, no burnt, no icky at all! I also got a mini-sub tank from mom and pop,, loaded that with some Dragon's Blood and that too is pretty sweet. Wicked easy to refill too with that thumb screw on the side. Definitely not for carrying around in the pocket but really good flavor and th from that one too.

Glad your diggin' the Vivi! I was hitting the 1.8ohm head yesterday at 3.4v and then put the 2.4ohm back on at 3.7v and both are working great. I have it loaded up with Dragon's Tear right now and I'm getting some more of the subtle notes that I wasn't getting with the Stardust. Good vapor and decent flavor, just can't ask for much more in an affordable tank.

Glen, do you have a pic of your new goodie box? I think I'll run to home depot tomorrow and look at what they've got but I'd really like to see yours. (you show me yours & I'll show you mine :)) I dragged all my stuff out and eeegads it's such a disorganized MESS. I really must do something about that!!

Here's the one I posted before and it just has a few more things in it now:
WoodyAndStanley.jpg

Now, I'll expect you to show me yours when you get one! :D

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Oh yeah! I remember that pic now (DUH). I'm gonna look for one like that!

Cheeky-- I think it's awful you couldn't get a chair at Walmart! I try not to be judgemental about weight too(one of my best friends has been over 400# most Of her life) but I see the same thing here. And it's true, there may be unseen things going on.. Nobody would know to look at me that I suffer with constant, chronic pain (including my husband). Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there... Kinda like a back injury! Every now & then I've had enough and I have a meltdown... Poor hubby just looks at me... What the hell??? Y'know, just because I don't whine about it every day doesn't mean I feel good.. I NEVER feel GOOD,,, just some days are better than others & today is not a good one!! Poor guy. I feel for ya,, and I hope you can find a doc or whatever you need to get you feeling better.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Thanks Luv - I think today was just a meltdown day for me - good way to put it! I sincerely empathize with the people I saw in the carts today, and know that due to their sizes, they likely have a whole host of unseen medical issues - I have several girlfriends who are (or were) over 300lbs, a very dear friend who was nearly 500lbs (he's lost around 150 so far - I'm so proud of him!), and I've had my own weight battles. I am stubbornly independent, and would prefer to push a cart, but several weeks ago promised Iron Monkey that I would only shop if I was able to use an electric cart or making a very short trip because of the increased pain for several days after (seeing me in pain hurts him. poor monkey :wub: ). I think that might have been what pushed me over the edge - I finally stopped being so stubborn about pushing myself & saying "I'm fine! I can walk!", and when I actually accepted the darn chair as a necessity, there weren't any available - again (I attempted a trip to WalMart 2 weeks ago & it was the same situation - that was when Iron Monkey to put his foot down about me using the electric cart!) lol

I understand what you're saying about living in pain that isn't as visible as a broken leg! And you are so right about some days being better than others - I try to take advantage of those when I can, because they are few and far between right now (4 minimally invasive procedures & 1 minimally invasive surgery in 6mo - the majority of the relief has worn off already).
I'm very lucky, Iron Monkey can generally gauge my pain level fairly accurately, likely because his mom has had several back surgeries, so he grew up with it, and can read pain signals even though I try to down play it.

I see the Neurosurgeon specializing in complex spine cases at the end of the month. The man is a genius, so we are cautiously optimistic that he will live up to they hype, and will be able to get me back to functional within the next year or so (at least one surgery, possibly 2 or 3). :party:

Anyway, I apologize for 2 long ranting posts - I start out with the intention of whining! :facepalm::blush::oops::evil:

Now for the good stuff! I got in on the SS Ming drip tip co-op, as well as the Boge co-op! YAY I think there is still room in both co-ops if anyone is interested - great deals all around! The Mings break down to just over $3/ea delivered, and the Boges are $3.35/box regular (LR or SR) and 4.30/box XXL (LR or SR) plus shipping. I should be stocked on cartos for the rest of the year :) I'm still hoping there will be a stardust V2 co-op sometime soon!:thumbs:

Have any of you noticed that some juices are better in a carto/tank, while others are best dripped or in stardusts? I've actually started a list of juices & my preference for each. I know, I know... I'm CDO, with too much time on my hands :tumble:

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
So it looks like those co-ops can be a really good deal! I'm not sure how they work though.. I'm guessing someone places a bulk order and then distributes to everyone involved? I gotta say I'm not a fan of the stardusts.. not on my KGOs anyway. They're pretty good on the LT if you dial it down to about 3.2 but even then, this new Vivi Nova thing is SOOOO much better! I just refilled the tank with some Zoe and at 3.8 it's heaven!! OHHH.. speaking of heaven.. I placed an order with Heather's Heavenly Vapes tonight.. ehhh, I just couldn't help myself:blush: I ordered some Vanilla Dream, Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows, Pineapple Mango Smoothie, and a sampler pack with Menthol Ice, Mocha Java Smooth, Georgia Peach Tobacco and Atomic Grasshopper. MMMMMMMM :thumb:

Cheeky.. when you get to the PO,, and don't hurry doing that, but have you ever used those if-it-fits-it-ships boxes? I used those for you guys and found it to be the cheapest way to do it. And you can print the shipping labels from home and the mailman picks up the box.. no trip to the PO!!! And they have envelopes too.

Pretty quiet night at work.. I get bored and have to wander to a corner for a little stealth vape :ohmy: The girls I work with are used to me disappearing for a few minutes and they know just where I am!

Guess I'll go surf around a bit,, see what everyone's up to.. happy vaping everyone!

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
LOL! Naughty Luv - do you feel a bit like a highschool kid sneaking a smoke in the 3rd floor bathroom? :)

The co-ops are pretty neat - the person organizing it makes a post to gather interest, then gets it approved by the mods. Once it's approved, they open the co-op, and as long as there is room, you can get in on it. Once the appropriate # of items are sold and funds are collected, the person organizing it orders the items, and when they arrive this person gets the orders into boxes/packaging and mails them out to the participants. It's a great way to get items at a lower than sale price, even with shipping.

I liked, but wasn't a huge fan of the stardusts on my kgo either - I liked the ease, but the flavor was never great, and the draw was a bit tight - I still used the one I had, but it wasn't my favorite. But once I tried the SR stardusts on a VV, I found that I really like them, they are pretty fantastic!!! I'm enjoying them a lot more now than I did before and am glad that I gave them another shot (I like them between 4.2-4.8 depending on the juice). Very few dry hits, just big vapor production and clean flavor (I presoak new ones in a 50/50 pg/vg mix for about 15min before filling the first time - seems to help with the break in, and to remove the chemical flavor I found them to have initially).

your Heathers Heavenly juices sound terrific! Can't wait until you receive them to get your opinion of them! :)
I love that you're glowing about the ViVi! I may have to check it out!!!

There is a Contract Post office a few blocks from my house - I forgot all about it until tonight when Iron Monkey mentioned it, so I'll probably pop over there tomorrow. The Navy boy is home, and I want him to get the package in time for his surprise party on Sunday - his mom is going to wrap it and give it to him at the party... hoping we'll get pictures or video of him opening it! :)

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Oh I hope you can get pics of him!! And with his goodies too.. it's a great thing you're doing for him. I was over checking out the classys.. and then I thought, what are you doing??? There really is nothing I need right now! I've got enough stuff to last for a month, at least! I'm a little irritated with the fluxo's.. I think I need to do some reading cuz I think there's some modifications people are doing to make them work better.. which is what irritates me! It's all so subjective,, I know a lot of people are hating the Vivi, but I just love it. I think Glen likes his too.

It's funny,, I was just reading a thread by a guy that said he always orders stuff based on rave reviews he sees here, and inevitably when he gets it, he starts finding threads where people hate it!! Geez, me too!!! Those fluxo's got rave reviews,, until I bought them!

Boy, must have been a tough Monday cuz it's quiet around here.. just us nightowls up :p Speaking of which, if I don't go take my little pill I'll be up all night!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Oh I hope you can get pics of him!! And with his goodies too.. it's a great thing you're doing for him. I was over checking out the classys.. and then I thought, what are you doing??? There really is nothing I need right now! I've got enough stuff to last for a month, at least! I'm a little irritated with the fluxo's.. I think I need to do some reading cuz I think there's some modifications people are doing to make them work better.. which is what irritates me! It's all so subjective,, I know a lot of people are hating the Vivi, but I just love it. I think Glen likes his too.

It's funny,, I was just reading a thread by a guy that said he always orders stuff based on rave reviews he sees here, and inevitably when he gets it, he starts finding threads where people hate it!! Geez, me too!!! Those fluxo's got rave reviews,, until I bought them!

Boy, must have been a tough Monday cuz it's quiet around here.. just us nightowls up :p Speaking of which, if I don't go take my little pill I'll be up all night!

Yep, I'm diggin' Vivi. She's definitely a keeper. I do occasionally get just a bit of that "rubber" taste that others are talking about if I take an extended drag and heat the coil too much, but under normal conditions that doesn't happen. I'm sure the issues people are seeing in the review thread will be addressed shortly and the new heads will be made available.

When you say "fluxo", I assume you're talking about the CE2s that everyone has a love-hate relationship with. From what I've been reading, those aren't a out-of-the-box ready type of item, and they require a bit of work to get them to their potential. Even then, they have their issues such as leaking under the right conditions. For those that love them, it's worth the effort and they say it's still the best vape they've had (next to dripping, of course).

Oh well, back to work for me. Vape on! :D

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Hey Glen.. I bought those fluxo's because they were the latest greatest and were supposed to have fixed a lot of the CE2 issues that people were having,, but now I'm seeing that they have their own problems. I just hate to have to monkey around with stuff.. but this Vivi thing.. I'm loving this thing!! I think this is the first piece of hardware I've bought that just plain works out of the box.. well worth the measley $15.

I'm thinking I need to grab the umbrella and run over the Home Depot this morning.. in serious need of some organization around here! Hubby looks at my ever growing collections of stuff and just shakes his head! I know, I'm totally out of control! And what did I do in my down time at work last night??? Oh yeah,, another juice order. Just when I think I'm finally settling into some favorites.. I find yet another site that has some interesting looking stuff.. besides, I got our hotel room for free on Saturday night so that's, like, $180 in my pocket, right???

Better get at it.. happy vaping my friends!!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Hey Glen.. I bought those fluxo's because they were the latest greatest and were supposed to have fixed a lot of the CE2 issues that people were having,, but now I'm seeing that they have their own problems. I just hate to have to monkey around with stuff.. but this Vivi thing.. I'm loving this thing!! I think this is the first piece of hardware I've bought that just plain works out of the box.. well worth the measley $15.

I'm thinking I need to grab the umbrella and run over the Home Depot this morning.. in serious need of some organization around here! Hubby looks at my ever growing collections of stuff and just shakes his head! I know, I'm totally out of control! And what did I do in my down time at work last night??? Oh yeah,, another juice order. Just when I think I'm finally settling into some favorites.. I find yet another site that has some interesting looking stuff.. besides, I got our hotel room for free on Saturday night so that's, like, $180 in my pocket, right???

Better get at it.. happy vaping my friends!!

luvinit - As Cheeky said, you should probably try the SR Stardust on your LT (with an adapter) and see if you can find their sweet spot. I use the LRs, but that's only because I'm using them on the wimpy 3.3v Joyetech batteries and they work well for me in that configuration. They'll continue to be my first choice on the eGo batteries, unless the smaller Vivi turns out to be a better solution when it becomes available.

BTW: DiscountVapers has the new SR edition with the longer wicks for a decent price if you want to give them a try:
Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer DV Edition

In other news, both my DV order (minus the wood tank) and my ECB order should be here tomorrow. It's going to be a great vape-mail day tomorrow! :smokie:

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Hey thanks glen! I'm ginna try those LR stardusts, I have no idea if te ones I have are LR or SR.. I really need to pay attention! I've seen those longer wicked ones and been "this close" to trying them. I might have to give em a shot. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336500481.284203.jpg
My new storage container!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336500507.499260.jpg
And my family,, minus the Ego cuz I always forget that one :)

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Hey thanks glen! I'm ginna try those LR stardusts, I have no idea if te ones I have are LR or SR.. I really need to pay attention! I've seen those longer wicked ones and been "this close" to trying them. I might have to give em a shot. View attachment 98794
My new storage container!
View attachment 98795
And my family,, minus the Ego cuz I always forget that one :)

Nice storage container! What brand is it and did you get it at Home Depot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread