Status
Not open for further replies.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Yup home depot, I think it's a Stanley. It was only $10. Can't beat that with a stick!! It was right next to the one that looked just like the one you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! I have a Home Depot literally 1 mile from my house, so I'll have to check them out. I can imagine that I'll need more than one of these at some point, or move to a larger storage container.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Oh I hope you can get pics of him!! And with his goodies too.. it's a great thing you're doing for him. I was over checking out the classys.. and then I thought, what are you doing??? There really is nothing I need right now! I've got enough stuff to last for a month, at least! I'm a little irritated with the fluxo's.. I think I need to do some reading cuz I think there's some modifications people are doing to make them work better.. which is what irritates me! It's all so subjective,, I know a lot of people are hating the Vivi, but I just love it. I think Glen likes his too.

It's funny,, I was just reading a thread by a guy that said he always orders stuff based on rave reviews he sees here, and inevitably when he gets it, he starts finding threads where people hate it!! Geez, me too!!! Those fluxo's got rave reviews,, until I bought them!

Boy, must have been a tough Monday cuz it's quiet around here.. just us nightowls up :p Speaking of which, if I don't go take my little pill I'll be up all night!

I really dislike the majority of the clearos I've tried, the exceptions being the Acorns (using CE2 guts), and the Stardusts - in every other incarnation I either tasted hot plastic (yuck), or they leaked no matter what I tried. The CE3s (smokymizers) were a little better, but still had leaking, and some dry plasticy hits - I could be wrong, but I think the reason I dislike them is because I'm a chain vaper, and they didn't have sufficient time to wick enough juice to keep everything that needed to be wet completely saturated.

Yep, I'm diggin' Vivi. She's definitely a keeper. I do occasionally get just a bit of that "rubber" taste that others are talking about if I take an extended drag and heat the coil too much, but under normal conditions that doesn't happen. I'm sure the issues people are seeing in the review thread will be addressed shortly and the new heads will be made available.

When you say "fluxo", I assume you're talking about the CE2s that everyone has a love-hate relationship with. From what I've been reading, those aren't a out-of-the-box ready type of item, and they require a bit of work to get them to their potential. Even then, they have their issues such as leaking under the right conditions. For those that love them, it's worth the effort and they say it's still the best vape they've had (next to dripping, of course).

Oh well, back to work for me. Vape on! :D

I think I'll be trying the ViVi based on the raves from you & Luv!

Hey thanks glen! I'm ginna try those LR stardusts, I have no idea if te ones I have are LR or SR.. I really need to pay attention! I've seen those longer wicked ones and been "this close" to trying them. I might have to give em a shot. View attachment 98794
My new storage container!
View attachment 98795
And my family,, minus the Ego cuz I always forget that one :)

Love the family you have going!! I really do think the juice plays a huge part in whether the stardusts are a good choice - for example, I love my SV101 dripped, but don't like it in a carto or tank - it's good in the Stardust! I like my RY4 dripped, but love it in a tank/carto, and dislike it in a stardust. My CantaMelon from Deej is AMAZING in a carto, but meh dripped or in a stardust - I now have it in my REO with a carto on top & am in love again! I'm not finding any real rhyme or reason to why some do better in the stardust than others, but it seems to correlate to whether or not I like them dripped!

The longer wicked stardusts are on my must try list! I'm wondering if there is a way I can replace the wicks in the ones I have on hand - maybe pull the wicks from some of the CE2s I kept for the Acorns & swap them out? May have to try it with my LR stardust since it has a crack starting on it (after almost 2 months of all dark, sweet, chocolate juices, many with mint!) - I won't be completely bummed if I accidentally kill that one :)

I looked at a really nice one... BIG and on wheels, kinda like a suitcase for vaping supplies... And then my senses returned and I bought the little one ;)

OOOOH! Big suitcase of vaping gear!!!! If I didn't have to keep my total lifting weight below 10lbs, I'd be all over that bad boy!

I'm still really drawn to this:
Amazon.com: Akro-Mils 10764 64-Drawer Plastic Parts Storage Hardware and Craft Cabinet, 20-Inch by 16-Inch by 6-1/2-Inch, Blue/Grey: Home Improvement
I saw it live & in person at the last vape meet, and it is a good deal sturdier than I thought it would be based on the description and reviews, but I'm not sure that I want to give it a place of honor on our dining room wall! I think I'll be filing that idea away for when we find "the" house, and I have a spare bedroom/office/vape room to put it in.

I currently store juices not in the days rotation in 2 blue sterilite boxes from WalMart ($0.96/ea, I have a 3rd for misc & lg bottles of VG/PG and Nic - I think they're shoe box size), with an additional large container reserved for DeejStuff - it's full, so it will be getting it's own sterilite container soon. The juice in rotation is in 2 bowls and a snap-on tray Iron Monkey bought for computer parts but didn't wind up using - I have something like 25 juices, 9 tanks, 4 stardusts, and a variety of atties, drip tips and drip shields on the table next to me... I have the attention span of a gnat when dripping!

New cartos, atties, drip tips, tanks, etc are all in a 5 drawer Sterilite container, which works well, but it's very nearly full. I may just wind up buying another 5 drawer for the co-op buys.

Typing all of that up just reconfirmed my vapaholism, didn't it....

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I looked at a really nice one... BIG and on wheels, kinda like a suitcase for vaping supplies... And then my senses returned and I bought the little one ;)

I hate the little voice inside my head that says, "You don't need this... You really don't need this...". And all the while I'm thinking, "Yeah, but it's just so damn cool!". Occasionally I actually verbalize the voice in my head and it freaks out the sales people at Guitar Center. :D

I think I'll be trying the ViVi based on the raves from you & Luv!

I would recommend holding off for just a few weeks to see if they address the issues that others are having. I'm going to hold off getting more heads until there is an announcement that they've made some changes, at least with the rubber grommet issue.

My Dragon's Tear is gone now and I'm rationing what's left of my Dragon's Blood while the new batch arrives and steeps. It's going to be tough, but I think I can do it. :D

Mythus2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
San Diego, CA
Hi All, whoooo...what a busy busy week so far...already 3 glasses of wine in so please forgive typos :)

Finally get a check in with my amigos!!! Well just got caught up and sounds like everyone is doing well and is getting stocked up on vape supplies, just FAB!!!! Everything looks amazing!!! I'm so tempted to pick up a ViVi with all of your rave reviews! Congrats to you all so happy you're finding vapemagic!!!

A spot of good news to share....I was getting soooo very worried about my baby...my mail guy accidentialy sent her to provape without (yes I said WITHOUT) tracking...so I had no idea where she was....that's until she arrived safely at home today BETTER than ever!!! I'm so excited and with my new DCA she looks amazing.... provari.jpg

OK...going to order something TONIGHT...I think I'm going to get my big batteries and extension cap from Provape:) and leave Deej for tomorrow after I find out what the special is...

Now...time for dinner...I think I NEED to eat something hugs and kisses....

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Oh yes!!! It most certainly does!!! I think you may hold the title of QUEEN!

:facepalm:

I hate the little voice inside my head that says, "You don't need this... You really don't need this...". And all the while I'm thinking, "Yeah, but it's just so damn cool!". Occasionally I actually verbalize the voice in my head and it freaks out the sales people at Guitar Center. :D

I would recommend holding off for just a few weeks to see if they address the issues that others are having. I'm going to hold off getting more heads until there is an announcement that they've made some changes, at least with the rubber grommet issue.

My Dragon's Tear is gone now and I'm rationing what's left of my Dragon's Blood while the new batch arrives and steeps. It's going to be tough, but I think I can do it. :D

Ha! I talk to myself all the time when I'm looking at things I want but don't need - I tell myself that it's eclectic rather than crazy.... fine line :)

I am going to hold off on the ViVi - trying to behave & save a big chunk of my vaping allowance for VapeStock - I'm hoping I can snag a LavaTank & a few other goodies!

Let me know if you run out of Dragon's Tear and get desperate before you receive/steep more - I have a couple of 5mls of it that are presteeped & I'm happy to share! (that reminds me, I need to order more for steeping!)

Hi All, whoooo...what a busy busy week so far...already 3 glasses of wine in so please forgive typos :)

Finally get a check in with my amigos!!! Well just got caught up and sounds like everyone is doing well and is getting stocked up on vape supplies, just FAB!!!! Everything looks amazing!!! I'm so tempted to pick up a ViVi with all of your rave reviews! Congrats to you all so happy you're finding vapemagic!!!

A spot of good news to share....I was getting soooo very worried about my baby...my mail guy accidentialy sent her to provape without (yes I said WITHOUT) tracking...so I had no idea where she was....that's until she arrived safely at home today BETTER than ever!!! I'm so excited and with my new DCA she looks amazing.... View attachment 98862

OK...going to order something TONIGHT...I think I'm going to get my big batteries and extension cap from Provape:) and leave Deej for tomorrow after I find out what the special is...

Now...time for dinner...I think I NEED to eat something hugs and kisses....

Your baby is gorgeous Mythus!!! I'm glad she made it home safely and that she's even more amazing after her trip to Provape! I think the extension cap & big batts are a perfect choice for tonight! I'm crossing my fingers that this weeks juice special is on something I am running low on, like the Waterberry Bluemelon :wub: or something similar (if it's the waterberry bluemelon, I'm ordering 240ml of it. minimum. yum yum yum yum - it's in the sampler pack & will be on its way to you tomorrow!!)

Oh! Great news, I spoke with my disability coordinator today - the payroll snafu has been cleared up, the check was scheduled to be cut today, and it should be in my hands sometime this week! YAY!!! The spending freeze is semi defrosted *refer to the above note about saving for vapestock* :smokie:

Enjoy that wine & happy vaping all!

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
Well, not to be outdone by any of you,, I got bored at work again. You probly know what that means. Yes. Yes, I placed another order. But it was a small one,,, REALLY!! Hella Vapor, 15% discount. Only ordered 3 little bottles.. Dragons Breath,, supposed to be a lightly fruity tobacco,,, Wonderland, another tobacco (what the hell am I thinking? I don't like tobacco!) and Icy Plum drops. See, it's only $15 here, $16 there... but geez, by the end of the month.. where the hell did all my money go??? Oh yeah,, right here in this little tank on my lavatube :oops:

Cheeky,, I looked at a box like that one you linked.. those little drawers are really tiny,, you sure couldn't put a bottle of juice in any of those.. they're good for small stuff like drip tips and stuff,, maybe some cartos.

Well, I probly should hit the bed before I find something else I absolutely must have.. have a great night my favorite peeps!!

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Well, not to be outdone by any of you,, I got bored at work again. You probly know what that means. Yes. Yes, I placed another order. But it was a small one,,, REALLY!! Hella Vapor, 15% discount. Only ordered 3 little bottles.. Dragons Breath,, supposed to be a lightly fruity tobacco,,, Wonderland, another tobacco (what the hell am I thinking? I don't like tobacco!) and Icy Plum drops. See, it's only $15 here, $16 there... but geez, by the end of the month.. where the hell did all my money go??? Oh yeah,, right here in this little tank on my lavatube :oops:

Cheeky,, I looked at a box like that one you linked.. those little drawers are really tiny,, you sure couldn't put a bottle of juice in any of those.. they're good for small stuff like drip tips and stuff,, maybe some cartos.

Well, I probly should hit the bed before I find something else I absolutely must have.. have a great night my favorite peeps!!

Let us know what you think of the Hella flavors! Anything with Dragon in the title has to be good, right? :)

I thought the drawers would be tiny too, but when I saw it in person I was surprised by the actual size of the drawers in that storage unit. They are large enough to hold a couple of 30ml bottles on their sides! The size of the unit in general surprised me a bit as did the sturdiness. The guy who brought it to the meet, Rob, the owner of SmokTek.com, said he has several for different things, and if I remember correctly, he stores juices in one! The one he brought in was full of Drip tips and nothing but drip tips - all different kinds, like a smorgasbord of drip tips - not sure how I managed to only buy one lol

Sweet dreams!

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Good morning my friends!! Another chilly rainy day here in the northeast.. I'd really like to wash my car after the long salty winter but not today, I guess.

I decided to get rid of the fluxo's.. I'm just not feelin the love with those things. Having really bad luck with the clearomizers, but Gotvapes Phoenix looks promising and don't seem to have the issues a lot of other clearo's have. I might have to try a couple of those. Did you see they've got something new coming out next week.. the Scorpion. Looks like yet another tank system,, think I'll wait and see what other peeps have to say about it before I spring for any of those. In the meantime, I'm still really enjoying my Vivi. Second tank of Zoe is almost gone so I'll clean it out and try one of the other atty heads that came with it.

I'm a little concerned about the 18650 batts that came with my lavatube. Should it really take all day to charge one?? And I do mean ALL day. They seem to be working ok,, but I'm thinking maybe I should get a couple new ones. Amazon has them but several different kinds and I'm not sure what I should be getting.. any ideas??

I think Barb should be getting her KGOs today,, unfortunately, her juice won't get to her until maybe tomorrow. How bad does that suck,,, get your pv and no juice!! I'll give her some, if I can get her to come to my work to get it.. not likely!

Lookin like a lazy day around here.. guess I'll catch up on all the stuff that's on my DVR.. happy vaping everyone.. hope you have a fabulous day!

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Hey Luv -
Buy new batts from an authorized dealer, like RTD vapor - his prices are great, shipping is cheap, and the product is genuine, not a knock off. I would also buy a new charger from him - I have the TR-001 - it's inexpensive and works beautifully.

Very sucky that Barb's juices won't arrive until tomorrow! At least it's only a one day lag, and if she can make it to your work, she'll have juice tonight - but if she doesn't, that gives the batts time to charge :)

If you want to get rid of the Fluxo's by PIFing, let me know and I can give you the Navy boy's address unless you want to PIF them here or sell them :)

Luv & Myth - your samples are on their way as of this morning! Hope you enjoy them :)
Have a fabulous vaping day everyone!

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
YAHOO! You know how we love our vape mail!!! Now, this has nothing to do with vaping, but look what my son sent me for my bday:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336582948.245836.jpg

He picked it out himself. Got my address wrong and it was delivered to my neighbor but hey, who cares? It still got here. He's a good boy :)

On another note: I vapes through two whole tanks of Zoe with the 2.4 head on my Vivi. So washed it out this morning, put the 2.8 head in & filled it with some cantaloupe juice that was just ok in a carto. All I can say us WOW!! At 5 volts thus stuff is incredible!! (apparently I have trouble hitting the i on this phone!)

Hubby crunched his truck this morning. Wasn't paying attention after he got done his 12 hour night shift and smacked into a concrete barrier. Insurance adjuster is out there right now doing an estimate. He's pretty ...... about it but I say that's what we have insurance for. And weve never had a claim so not to worry. We know a really good body guy too. It'll fix.

Gotta get ready for work. Great day peeps!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Hey Luv -
Buy new batts from an authorized dealer, like RTD vapor - his prices are great, shipping is cheap, and the product is genuine, not a knock off. I would also buy a new charger from him - I have the TR-001 - it's inexpensive and works beautifully.

I completely agree with Cheeky. You need to make sure you get good batteries by not only getting a reputable brand, but also getting them from someone who is known not to sell knockoffs or counterfeits. AW IMR and AW Protected are the most recommended batteries, so you'll probably want to see which of these is recommended for use in the LT. As for the charger, the XTAR WP2 II is getting great reviews, and it has safety features that should be considered.

Xtar MP2 II

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Hey Luv - just a quick reply - either 1600 or 2000mah will work, the mah really just indicates the capacity of the batter, so the 2000mah will last longer than the 1600mah. I have both & they work equally well :) Your kGo is approx 1100 mah - each 100mah is supposedly equivalent to 1h of battery life, so the 1600 should last roughly 5h longer & the 2000 an additional 9hours. I don't know how accurate that is, since I don't think my 2000mah lasts 4h longer than my 1600mah :)

I hope that makes sense, my eyes are fluttering again & sleep is calling my name!

Hope hubby is a-ok after the truck crunching!

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Ooops I did it again... Just placed an order at https://www.essentialdepot.com for 1 gallon each of pg/vg (plus castor oil for our garden - it's supposed to repel the squirrels and citrus rats that are eating EVERYTHING as well as fertilize the plants organically, Shea Butter, Aragon Oil, Xanthan Gum & a couple of essential fragrance oils :facepalm:)

I've ordered their PG & VG in smaller quantities before & love it - they have a really great quality product! If any of you are interested in trying your hand at DIY, it's a terrific deal - a gallon of each for $54 with free shipping - prices go up 10-20% at midnight EST tonight, so jump on it now :)

Happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread