Vape and Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacUrchin

Oct 10, 2016
Hi, ive been vaping pretty heavily for about a year. I always switched between 6 and 12mg and went through about 30ml a week. A few weeks ago, i had an expirience where it felt as if my heart stopped, which caused an extreme panic attack. I have had several instances like this since. I recently cut out all caffeine, rolled back to 3 mg, and go through a 30ml bottle in 2-3 weeks instead of 1. however, it seems every time i do vape now i get these extreme anxiety attacks and feel as if i have other heart attack symptoms. I feel like if I continue vaping i will end up giving my self a heart attack from fear. Is it time to quit or am I just over paranoid?

• Agree
Reactions: Hesham911

salventura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
North Carolina
Hello MacUrchin, just curious if have an update on your status? Is this still happening to you when you vape, did you go to the Doctor, etc.

I can only offer my personal experience which really does not contain a flat out answer.

I have always had anxiety/panic attack issues and been on meds for 10 years. After vaping for 4 or 5 years I started to experience panic attacks myself after vaping about 2 months ago. For some reason I thought maybe my nic level was too high so I lowered it to 3 MG, but still had panic attacks after vaping, so I stopped vaping all together because these panic attacks are just not worth it. I did go to the Doctor and other than refilling my anxiety meds, they put me on Blood pressure medicine because my BP was high, which it has been for the past year because I could never get my weight down.

Fast forward 2 months later I had a taste for a one of the flavors I use to vape so I ordered some 0 nic and as I'm typing this I'm currently enjoying a 0 Nic vape (which I guess is pointless, but the flavor tastes good). So far so good.. no panic attack (at least not from vaping).

So did my post vape panic attacks happen because my Blood pressure was high and the Nic I received while vaping caused it to go higher and cause an panic attack? I do not know

Could this all be in my head, and I'm somehow actually causing the panic attacks after I vape for some reason without knowing? It could be, but I do not know.

Only thing I know for certain is since I stopped vaping the panic attacks have decreased. Will I continue to "flavor vape"? I doubt it, maybe just once in a while, depending on what happens in the next few days while I vape on this 0nic juice.

it seems every time i do vape now i get these extreme anxiety attacks and feel as if i have other heart attack symptoms. I feel like if I continue vaping i will end up giving my self a heart attack from fear. Is it time to quit or am I just over paranoid?

MacUrchin

Oct 10, 2016
Hi salventura,
I actually have the same expirience as you. when I went to the doctor, they said I had very high blood pressure and that i had to stop all nicotine, caffiene, etc. Its been a month since i stopped and i have had panic attacks, but not as much as when I was vaping. I do have regular anxienty but i am not on any medication. I have a follow up appointment with my doctor in a few weeks, and if my blood pressure is normal I plan to slowly try vaping again to see how it affects me. Thanks for your reply, will keep updated

Hello MacUrchin, just curious if have an update on your status? Is this still happening to you when you vape, did you go to the Doctor, etc.

I can only offer my personal experience which really does not contain a flat out answer.

I have always had anxiety/panic attack issues and been on meds for 10 years. After vaping for 4 or 5 years I started to experience panic attacks myself after vaping about 2 months ago. For some reason I thought maybe my nic level was too high so I lowered it to 3 MG, but still had panic attacks after vaping, so I stopped vaping all together because these panic attacks are just not worth it. I did go to the Doctor and other than refilling my anxiety meds, they put me on Blood pressure medicine because my BP was high, which it has been for the past year because I could never get my weight down.

Fast forward 2 months later I had a taste for a one of the flavors I use to vape so I ordered some 0 nic and as I'm typing this I'm currently enjoying a 0 Nic vape (which I guess is pointless, but the flavor tastes good). So far so good.. no panic attack (at least not from vaping).

So did my post vape panic attacks happen because my Blood pressure was high and the Nic I received while vaping caused it to go higher and cause an panic attack? I do not know

Could this all be in my head, and I'm somehow actually causing the panic attacks after I vape for some reason without knowing? It could be, but I do not know.

Only thing I know for certain is since I stopped vaping the panic attacks have decreased. Will I continue to "flavor vape"? I doubt it, maybe just once in a while, depending on what happens in the next few days while I vape on this 0nic juice.

Reactions: salventura

salventura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks for the reply MacUrchin :) I'll keep you updated as well if I should have any changes. Guess the one good thing for me is after 20 plus years, as of 2 months ago I'm finally 100% Nicotine Free.

Hi salventura,
I actually have the same expirience as you. when I went to the doctor, they said I had very high blood pressure and that i had to stop all nicotine, caffiene, etc. Its been a month since i stopped and i have had panic attacks, but not as much as when I was vaping. I do have regular anxienty but i am not on any medication. I have a follow up appointment with my doctor in a few weeks, and if my blood pressure is normal I plan to slowly try vaping again to see how it affects me. Thanks for your reply, will keep updated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread