Vape burns my lungs, coughing up stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppycakes

Sep 26, 2014
USA
I have been using an Itaste VTR for the past 5 days and yesterday I started coughing up chunks of pus.

Relevant info:

- EVERY time I hit my vape it burns my lungs sooooooo bad that I have to suck air in with my hits and it still burns
- Since I switched to my vape I haven't touched a single analog
- I'm 28 and in very good health, but I do have a history of childhood asthma
- In 2008 I was a pack a day smoker for 1 year (and on and off for random short periods of time after that)
- During the past 2 months I started smoking analogs again due to stress and it made me feel like crap, which is why I started vaping
- I'm vaping all 2.4% nicotine blends and have tried 50/50 PG/VG and 100% VG
- Sometimes when I hit my vape the burning makes me cough then feel like I'm going to puke
- I still don't feel the head rush that analogs give me..... and I want it so bad...

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a juice I could be using that's more clean and won't burn my lungs so bad? I'm desperate, I don't want all the tar, odor and toxins of regular cigarettes, but I do want that hard hitting nicotine head rush that analogs give me. I realize I could be getting bronchitis that might NOT be related to the vape, but I haven't had bronchitis since I was a small child. I just want to vape and have it not burn my lungs so bad. It makes me wheeze sometimes. I'd appreciate some help from the pros!

Last edited:

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
If you're coughing up puss then you need to stop vaping now and visit a doctor. If you are coughing up phlegm then that would be considered normal after stopping smoking.

I can get a head rush from 1.2% liquid in a dripper and nothing from 2.4% in a clearo. It's the volume of vapour that counts.

You need to A) clear up your problem (which may or may not be vaping related) and B) educate yourself in the various types of delivery device available.
A VTR is a nice mod but is very limited when it comes to atomisers that will fit it. I think your problem is more than likely the clearo.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Puppycakes, the nicotine absorption from e-cigs takes place mostly through the mouth and nose, so you don't have to inhale. Even if you inhale into the lungs you'll absorb less nicotine than with smoking.

I would also recommend checking with a doc, to make sure you don't have bronchitis.

The head rush that you're missing comes for the carbon monoxide in the smoke, not from the nicotine, so you're not likely to get the same rush from vaping no matter how much nicotine you use.

Vaping is different than smoking and it can take a bit of time to get used to it.

Last edited:

Puppycakes

Sep 26, 2014
USA
AAAAH so many responses, you guys are awesome. I am a noob to this, this is exactly what I bought. myvaporstore.com/Innokin_iTaste_VTR_p/ink-vtr.htm]Innokin iTaste VTR I don't really understand all the jargon you guys are using, because, like I said, I'm a noob and have been using this for 5 days. I might have a sensitivity to certain flavors, I noticed that a grape flavor I tried made me want to projectile vomit and gave me shakes every time I vaped it and I dumped it back into the container and tried a new flavor... even though the grape tasted so good to me. I have my Itaste VTR settings at P 15 or V 6? Excuse my ignorance, I'm new to this and haven't properly educated myself. I was just alarmed when I started coughing up puss and thought maybe I was doing something very wrong and frantically wanted advice. Excuse my negligence, I will do more research tomorrow before making such ignorant forum posts.... It's just so confusing, as a noob.

Puppycakes

Sep 26, 2014
USA
How does the vapour taste?
What atomizer?
Resistance of it and wattage/voltage you are using?

You may just be pumping too much voltage/wattage into the coils and causing dry hits, which will make even the hardcore vapers cough like those anti-smokers used to do when you smoked within 10 feet of them.

I have my settings cranked up to the highest, I'll try lowering them, thanks! Though I don't know the difference yet between the voltage/wattage settings, I'm so new to this. I need to do more research... I just started panicking and feeling frantic when I started coughing puss and I wanted some immediate and straight forward advice. Thank you.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
AAAAH so many responses, you guys are awesome. I am a noob to this, this is exactly what I bought. myvaporstore.com/Innokin_iTaste_VTR_p/ink-vtr.htm]Innokin iTaste VTR I don't really understand all the jargon you guys are using, because, like I said, I'm a noob and have been using this for 5 days. I might have a sensitivity to certain flavors, I noticed that a grape flavor I tried made me want to projectile vomit and gave me shakes every time I vaped it and I dumped it back into the container and tried a new flavor... even though the grape tasted so good to me. I have my Itaste VTR settings at P 15 or V 6? Excuse my ignorance, I'm new to this and haven't properly educated myself. I was just alarmed when I started coughing up puss and thought maybe I was doing something very wrong and frantically wanted advice. Excuse my negligence, I will do more research tomorrow before making such ignorant forum posts.... It's just so confusing, as a noob.

This is part of your problem!
You are using it at the highest setting! P = Power and 15W is far too high for stock atomizers. (6V is the highest voltage too)

I would suggest turning the dial down to 7W, start from there and increase the power little by little until you find a setting that you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread