Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Well mine is home and after a couple hours of use I have to say I'm happy with the purchase. I threw a dual Kanthal build in a Crius that came in a .28 ohms and it's a good vape at around 38 watts.

I pleased with the functions on this mod, there is more than I anticipated.

Lock the device so the settings will not change
Stealth mode
Setting display for left or right hand viewing
SS/Ka/Ti/Ni/bypass
And several alerts or warnings

And this is crazy, a real users manual ;)

It fits nicely in the hands and the packaging was excellent.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Well mine is home and after a couple hours of use I have to say I'm happy with the purchase. I threw a dual Kanthal build in a Crius that came in a .28 ohms and it's a good vape at around 38 watts.

I pleased with the functions on this mod, there is more than I anticipated.

Lock the device so the settings will not change
Stealth mode
Setting display for left or right hand viewing
SS/Ka/Ti/Ni/bypass
And several alerts or warnings

And this is crazy, a real users manual ;)

It fits nicely in the hands and the packaging was excellent.
Could you post a picture of the screen?

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
I just got mine as well and it is very nice. It has quite a bit of weight with the 26650 in it. Feels really good in the hand. Mines going to have to charge for the day so I won't be able to take it on the road with me but I'm guessing it's going to get a lot of use this weekend. I'm loving the form factor. Oh and the manual is a big plus. Had no idea how to get into VW mode but the manual had it right there for me. Nice that I didnt have to go online and search it out.

Reactions: bigbob2322

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Mine is "Out for delivery". I'll have to use it with an 18650 with the adapter...My 26650's are still a couple of days out.

Damn Caver thanks for reminding me I forgot to mention the 18650 adaptor.

Here you go KenD, I am using Kanthal right now.

stout.png

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Damn Caver thanks for reminding me I forgot to mention the 18650 adaptor.

Here you go KenD, I am using Kanthal right now.

View attachment 519142
I swear I saw .28 ohms and 380f somewhere, therefore my earlier comment. And I'm not even drunk yet :D

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I have a question about 26650 vs 18650 for battery life. Is the increased battery life proportinonal to the additional size and weight or something different. For putting up with the big battery I would expect a lot more vape time. Am I right about that? The specs I have seen so far suggest the bigger battery has only a few 100 more mah. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
26650's all seem to be 3500mah so that's only 500mah more than the LG HG2. For me, the increase in size isn't worth the very little extra run time.

I think it's more about the weight and feel in the hand. It's a great feeling mod with a nice even feel in the hand. I guess you'd have to try it with both battery sizes and see which one you liked more. Personally, I like it a bit on the heavy side, just like my women. [emoji12]

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I think it's more about the weight and feel in the hand. It's a great feeling mod with a nice even feel in the hand. I guess you'd have to try it with both battery sizes and see which one you liked more. Personally, I like it a bit on the heavy side, just like my women. [emoji12]
And I'm looking for a small mod with lots of mah for field trips (work days a single cell mod is fine because I have lots of recharging oppportunities). I can put 2 LE HG2 cells in something like the new Cuboid and get 6,000 mah. I never go above 30 max watts so that should vape a lot of ml's between charges. I've been waiting for that in a TC mod, finally. I still don't understand the benefit to battery users of the 26650 form factor. May be they are safer chemistry.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I'm not a battery expert so I really can't talk about battery chemistry but I can let you know my experience so far.

The single 26650 is giving me more run time with a low ohm build (.24Ω kanthal @ 36W). I refilled my second tank yesterday (5mls) and the battery has barely moved off of a full charge. the second tank is almost empty. I have read that the 26650 would improve the device run time and so far it appears to be true.

I was worried about the size of the device but honestly I can't believe how small it is and it fits nicely in my hand. I know from past experience that an 18650 loaded in my D2 with the same build was good for about 6 hours. The other thing I notice is battery sag is non-existent.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm not a battery expert so I really can't talk about battery chemistry but I can let you know my experience so far.

The single 26650 is giving me more run time with a low ohm build (.24Ω kanthal @ 36W). I refilled my second tank yesterday (5mls) and the battery has barely moved off of a full charge. the second tank is almost empty. I have read that the 26650 would improve the device run time and so far it appears to be true.

I was worried about the size of the device but honestly I can't believe how small it is and it fits nicely in my hand. I know from past experience that an 18650 loaded in my D2 with the same build was good for about 6 hours. The other thing I notice is battery sag is non-existent.
Since a bunch of people are going to get this mod we'll be finding out about 26650s. bottom line for me is if I need a spare battery I might as well get it done with 18650's since two of those will always get me through at least a day.

I've decided to stockpile in case the gov interferes with vaping. I settled on 10 years. Nic and rda's are easy because they are cheap. It won't take many mods to go 10 years if a couple are kept as new but the technology is going to advance for a while so I hate buying mods I don't need.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Wow thanks, that was fast!!
I ordered an Encom TNT 80 for 29.99 to start playing with the 26650 style/size mod at the beginning of Dec. I enjoy using it, the size/feel in the hand is sooo much nicer than my sig100w. But it is a heavy little beasty.
It comes in at 294g.
Glad to here the Stout is a little lighter, plus I think the shape is more hand feel friendly. Thanks again.
:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread