Vape Friendly Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why so many people want to confront the airlines. Why not just go to the lavatory? With the recent incident where a terrorist tried to set himself on fire, do you really want something that appears to be smoke rising from your seat? When you are shot through the head by a Sky Marshall, what do you think the airlines are going to do about e-cigs then? This confrontational posturing is exactly the kind of thing that will get e-cigs banned everywhere.

ppt123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2009
USA
1)
4) if a sky marshall shoots me in the head, you think i give a dang what the airlines do about e-cigs?

How considerate you are to fellow vapers...

cldickerson has a point. A lot of people are still ignorant or not as informed as people in this forum. Just go to friggin lavatory you lazy-... :evil: ,its not that far.

poogiecat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Chicago, IL
I don't understand why so many people want to confront the airlines. Why not just go to the lavatory? With the recent incident where a terrorist tried to set himself on fire, do you really want something that appears to be smoke rising from your seat? When you are shot through the head by a Sky Marshall, what do you think the airlines are going to do about e-cigs then? This confrontational posturing is exactly the kind of thing that will get e-cigs banned everywhere.

I agree. I always go to the lavatory when I vape. I make sure I get a isle seat and then it's no problem just to get up and go to there.

beecee

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Valley of the Sunstroke
Southwest explicitly prohibits electronic cigarettes. I read it on the last page of their in-flight magazine 3 weeks ago.

Doh! I guess that's what I get for booking a flight when I wasn't a PV user.

Next time I will fly a vape friendly airline for sure.
However, since my bags fly free....hmmm...

TheMoon

Feb 12, 2010
Australia
Interesting thread!

I'm a cabin crew myself and I haven't heard any of my smoker colleagues used a e-cig yet. I can imagine if they see someone vaping inflight they will definiately freak out!

As for vaping in the lav, my advice is to be very careful - I remember seeing statistics (during safety training) of how the air fresher we use can sometimes actually set off the smoke alarm in both Airbus and Boeing aircrafts! Air fresher, imagine that. We were told to point the air fresher to the toilet/ground in order not to set off the alarm.

I wouldn't vape inflight or in the lav myself, just in case I set off the alarm myself, lol. Although it would be nice if I could get a hit of nicotine during a dreadful overnight long-haul flight!

Also, I can's see why we can't bring our ecig gear on the plane, as long as the juice bottle is under 100ml, it should be fine.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Interesting thread!

I'm a cabin crew myself and I haven't heard any of my smoker colleagues used a e-cig yet. I can imagine if they see someone vaping inflight they will definiately freak out!

As for vaping in the lav, my advice is to be very careful - I remember seeing statistics (during safety training) of how the air fresher we use can sometimes actually set off the smoke alarm in both Airbus and Boeing aircrafts! Air fresher, imagine that. We were told to point the air fresher to the toilet/ground in order not to set off the alarm.

I wouldn't vape inflight or in the lav myself, just in case I set off the alarm myself, lol. Although it would be nice if I could get a hit of nicotine during a dreadful overnight long-haul flight!

Also, I can's see why we can't bring our ecig gear on the plane, as long as the juice bottle is under 100ml, it should be fine.

Welcome here Moon, the thread starter "Riaflight25" is also a cabin crew and vapes constantly.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Doh! I guess that's what I get for booking a flight when I wasn't a PV user.

Next time I will fly a vape friendly airline for sure.
However, since my bags fly free....hmmm...

I flew Southwest at Christmas - Detroit to Phoenix to Vegas to Chicago to Detroit. I didn't read the manual and vaped all the way. :) I only had my husband in the seat next to me and I didn't make a point of letting anyone see but vape, I did.

Whoops, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread