Vape Friendly Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,
I read back about a user asking about Charlotte Airport and the USAIR club, I basically lived in that place when traveling. I always made Charlotte my layover
They were the last stand for smokers and that was the only reason I spent the extra money to join their club, but they shut down the smoking room.

KILLERkpd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
East Coast
What about US Air? I have to fly to Bentonville, Arkansas. I have a layover in Chicago on the way down, and a layover in Charlotte on the way back.

I am ok with the stealth vaping. I subscribe to using discretion when it comes to that kind of stuff. IMO, there is not need to draw attention to my vaping.

I normally do not care where I sit but with my PV, I am more inclined to take advantage of my frequesnt flyer status for getting more stealth ready seats....

redsarrow

Dec 25, 2010
Colorado
So I am curious, no one has said anything about a PCCs. I am flying from Denver to NY with a layover in Chicago and then back with a layover in DC. I figured I would throw my extra batteries and atomizers in with my juices in checked baggage, but I wanted to keep my PCC in my purse, take it out at Security of course... but I am not about to have it confiscated at security. If they try, I may pass out. Not going to throw a hissy fit, but may very well have a heart attack.

Are they likely to freak out about the PCC at security?

tiempo

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
WISCONSIN
Has anyone flown Aer Lingus in the last month or so? Is the allowing of vaping a corporate policy, or up to the discretion of the flight crew?

I would think that the carriage of the PCC, batteries, juice etc., should be okay as long as it poses no threat to any crew or passenger, the use of it on board would be an entirely different matter.

Last edited:

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
As I am sure that some of you know. . . King County has "banned" the use of E-Cigs where smoking is banned. This doesnt exactly stop me from vaping.... but then again I have a fantastic boss.
Anyways. This entire month Vince has been sending me back and forth to Spokane, WA. I have spent more time this month flying than I have in the past 10 years.
Seattle TSA: Awesome group, get there early though because sometimes the lines suck. Put your PV in it's case, and put the juice in the 1qt bag with the rest of your liquids. They wont bat an eyelash.
Airport: I dont openly vape. Stealthing it is always the way to go. Dont sit near a camera either, that is just common sense.
Flight: Alaska/Horizon. I dont openly vape, stealthing all the way. Though by the time I get my beer I am dying of thirst. Fluids fluids fluids.
Spokane TSA: Great folks, incredibly friendly. They know about my PV, and though it isnt banned they appreciate me not flaunting it. Just remember, be nice to them, and they are nice to you.
Airport: Still stealthing, but because you really only have to show up 45 mins before your flight leaves (VERY SLOW AIRPORT), you are not in too much pain haha.

Overall this is not a bad flight. Just keep to yourself, and hope you get to sit alone.

Keep Stealthing!

imbt01

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
NC
Great.. I have a transatlantic flight coming up on American. Just great. :(

There is always the Lav......Thank God for E-Cig's.....I haven't flown anywhere since the ban on analogs years ago.....I'm wondering about going through security though. Anyone ever have problems with that? I've been vaping since May, 2011....Had my first "turn-down" from a restaurant yesterday.....of ALL places , Cracker Barrel !! LOL!!!

Last edited:

QusieQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I have flown on many flights since I started using my e cig last June. I keep everything - extra batteries, small bottle of juice, chargers in my backpack and never any problems going through security. Good luck, you should be fine.

I was wondering about how that would work. I would be livid if I had to leave behind my stuff!! I'd probably skip my flight, lol

MommaAJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
CO
I vaped openly on Denver-based Frontier Airlines, both ways from Denver to Las Vegas and back again. I vaped by the gate in both cities as well. I asked the gate stewards and they said that e-cigs are allowed because they don't cause anyone a major disturbance.

On the flight, I got lots of questions but no one was mad at me :D

It felt great.

2e3onbt.jpg

This is awesome to know, as we fly out of DIA on Frontier for our Vegas trips :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread