"VAPE LIKE A RESEARCH MONKEY!" (Everything you ever wanted to know about the Darwin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Coming from you, Nebula, that is truly a lovely compliment, thank you. I curtsey to you, Sir!

I think that post deserves more than a curtsey. How about a little downward facing dog? Now that shows true appreciation. Anyway though I fully agree this is a wonderful thread for the newbie Darwin bretheren. Nice Job KD and that is why the entire land of Darwinia sends much love and happy vapes your way. Also some of that Mazzola and a tarp too :)

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
At Liv2Ski's request:
I was thinking, the only thing I dislike about the darwin is that I can't use my ego mega atties or cartos on it without using a gooseneck which, even with the 3" gooseneck is way too long. Only, only if the darwin 2 could have an arm that telescopes out a little bit so you could put bigger atties on it without compromising the durability of the device.. or what I was thinking of trying to make a 510-510 adapter that offsets so that I could put a 510-ego on top of that and happily vape my mega b atties. The only thing is that it would have to be flexible or adjustable itself in order to be in the right direction when threaded in as to not hit the body.

Any ideas anyone?
Ego Mega Dual Coil Carto (EMDCC) on Darwin using only a standard 510 to 510 extender (approx 1" long) - Darwin also has standard 510 to 510 adapter on it:

Photoon2011-09-02at1607.jpg

Photoon2011-09-02at1604.jpg

Photoon2011-09-02at16042.jpg

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Are the Darwins mostly out of stock? Is there any time frame they are usually in stock (like every Tuesday morning or something...LOL)? Is Nhaler the only one that sells them? Send Drew an email and he usually lets those who express interest know when they are back in stock. They come in regularly but not at specific intervals.

Will the Ikenvape Canon attys fit on the Darwin? I have different attys, but I like the Canons on my Ego T battery, so I thought I would like them on the Darwin. I have 2.0, 2.5 and a 3.5 in 510 and others with adapters. I have what I need for them to fit the 510 connector on my Ego batteries. Darwin has a 510 connection so anything with 510 fits and anything else fits with adapter - as long as there is a 510 to ____ adapter for that atty/carto connection (pretty much all have adapters with the rare exception of some proprietary connections - I have not seen an Ikenvape Canon so I do not know what the threads are).

What is the longest lasting carto that fits Darwin? I don't really like Cartos that much but at times they are handy. All cartos vary based on capacity and the filler inside. Also, all cartos perform differently. My personal favorites are the Boge 801/fusion style (510 size tube with 801 threads) and the Boge 808. I also think the Ego Mega Dual Coil Carto (at higher Watts levels) offers good flavor and about 3.5 or 4ml capacity - but to close the Darwin arm you need the 1" 510 to 510 adapter. Many like other model cartos so you just have to try various ones and see which ones YOU like.

I have a jonboy lava tank, does it fit the Darwin? The Lava tank is not the issue, the carto threads are and if using 510 cartos, works just fine - otherwise you may need adapters. The arm will not close with the tanks attached but leaving it open does not drain the battery. You can get the short (1"flex/3"overall length) gooseneck which will allow you to close the arm with the tank attached.

Is there a tank, that works with the Darwin, that does not use a carto? I liked my Ego-T tank but could not get beyond the leaking. I've been reading about an adapter to use Ego-T tank with Darwin. I would be open to a little leaking to try that combo, especially at home. Better to stay away from leaks with ALL devices - in general. Tanks work on Darwin, as I wrote above, and also things like the EMDCC (also referenced above).

I'm not a real high watts kind of vaper, but sometimes when I hit my Ego multiple times in a row and it get a little hotter, I like the flavor. I may end up liking it a little above the Ego T battery heat. Use standard (2 to 2.5Ω) or higher Ωs attys and cartos for the greatest watts ranges. when you use LR attys/cartos you cannot vape the lower watts settings. This is due to Ohms Law and not Darwin. Darwin dial will turn to the lower settings but if you put 1.7Ω atty/carto on any device with 3.6 volts as lowest useable volts - you vape at 8-ish watts. By using standard Ωs and higher Ω attys/cartos you can still turn up the watts AND vape the lower watts settings too.
Thanks

Originally answered by NebulaBrat and transfered here by request. Thanks
Drew

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Thought might be a good place to put this Q & A that was recently posted:

"I have an odd graphic popping up on the Darwin screen....the Darwin logo disappears, replaced by a cigarette, then an exclamation mark, then the cigarette, then the exclamation mark, flashes like that until I release the button. I am pretty confident it is a warning of some sort. Just wondered what it means"

Kiljoy1 responds:

"That's an indication of a short. It's the only error message you'll ever see on the Darwin, btw
Don't continue to press the button after getting that, troubleshoot the problem first. If you repeatedly try to activate it with a short it will force the unit to shut down to protect itself

Try a different atty/carto. Also try a different adapter (or no adapter) if you've got one on there. Make sure to close the arm to turn the unit off and then turn it back on in between attys in this case. If the problem persists with multiple pieces of hardware then you may need to contact Evolv"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread