Vape Mail!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
We have Vape Mail! lol...

Got a couple of parcels this morning.. one from Greece with the bits for the DID that didnt come with it, like the drip tip, wire, mesh etc. and the spare nuts for the faulty one. Those people are excellent to deal with, and i just know that I will be buying another DID from them soon!

Also got this mod on eBay UK and that arrived this morning. Its the RA, and its built like a tank and hits like one as well...Based on the nautilus I believe?, so its got a decent base. Bought some magnets for the switch, and changed out the spring that was in it, and the feel is now a whole lot better and a shorter throw. Love the look of it, and the engravings that are on the top and bottom of it. Also that its fully adjustable top and bottom and i do like that in a mech mod.

jdkeFzs.jpg

Also received an order from China for some vaping gear that i move on eBay, and finally got all that lot listed..just gotta sell it now! By the way, only 4 days from order to delivery!
My poor old desk was swamped...but a good day..

Wonder when i will get my tanks from the Usa for the DID, and my Rsst from Ireland!

Last edited:

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
We have Vape Mail! lol...

Got a couple of parcels this morning.. one from Greece with the bits for the DID that didnt come with it, like the drip tip, wire, mesh etc. and the spare nuts for the faulty one. Those people are excellent to deal with, and i just know that I will be buying another DID from them soon!

Whoa! You got a drip tip from them for the DID? They told me they were out of them. Those drip tips are my favorites too.

I went scrounging Google for them, and found some that appear to be the same thing, but they are not here yet. You also might want to think about those top insulators not being available anymore before buying another DID from MMV.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Yes Vaslovik, unless we can find some of those insulators then i wouldn't purchase another DID. I honestly think its a bit of a bad show that they just decide to stop supporting items that they made and sold in large numbers.

Mine is number 1200, so they sold quite a lot of them and that's a whole lot of unhappy owners out there that will hesitate to purchase anything else from them. Me for one.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Yes Vaslovik, unless we can find some of those insulators then i wouldn't purchase another DID. I honestly think its a bit of a bad show that they just decide to stop supporting items that they made and sold in large numbers.

Mine is number 1200, so they sold quite a lot of them and that's a whole lot of unhappy owners out there that will hesitate to purchase anything else from them. Me for one.

Well Taff, they really didn't have much of a choice in this. Because of hardships stemming from the Greek financial crisis they were forced to move into a smaller shop where they could not produce the DID or the Poldiac any longer, nor could they make spare parts for either. So I've been looking into ways to make those insulators myself, and was just looking at PEEK Ketron rods that I might be able to machine to the right tolerances. That's going to require tools I don't yet have but I'm still looking into it. There may be other ways to make those insulators as well.

Innova

Mar 18, 2015
Virginia
Whoa! You got a drip tip from them for the DID? They told me they were out of them. Those drip tips are my favorites too.

I went scrounging Google for them, and found some that appear to be the same thing, but they are not here yet. You also might want to think about those top insulators not being available anymore before buying another DID from MMV.
I know Vaslovik, I need one, too. When I received my DIDs only one had a drip tip. The lady said they had no more. They have them in stock now?

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I know Vaslovik, I need one, too. When I received my DIDs only one had a drip tip. The lady said they had no more. They have them in stock now?

I don't think they do, but I went digging and found these:

Friction Fit Normal Style Delrin Drip Tip (DEL004)

I ordered 4 of them and will see how they work out. They look very much like the MMV drip tips, and that might even be where MMV got them.

Reactions: Innova

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Its a shame isn't it. Build a great reputation for a quality product and then it all goes sideways..

If you do succeed in making these, make a few more than you need and sell them to me!:thumb: Good luck with it, hope it works out for you

I am sure there are are more than us two that will need them in the future..

Oh if I find a way to make them you can be quite sure I'll be making a LOT of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread