Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Patches make me crazy and gum makes me sick, so if I get nervous about it I'll probably just deal. I used to take 20 hour flights and not be able to smoke, so I will probably be able to deal with this. Xanax or sleeping pills do the trick, too!

I won't mess with the smoke detector, but I'm thinking if there is nothing to detect I should be ok. I would just need to be super conscious of not blowing even one cloud, which is hard to do because that's how I normally vape. I might be able to pull it off in my seat easier.

madVapes has an ejuice called "Discreet eliquid" which makes no clouds -- might be worth a try for a case like this.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I just got back from my trip and thought I would share my experience vaping on a plane. I took about 10 flights over the last 3 weeks, so I was able to see variety of situations. On small domestic flights in the US, don't even bother. I did vape right in my seat on the bigger international flights and no one even noticed. I just made sure to hold the vapor in my lungs as long as possible so the vapor production was nearly non-existent. On the longer flights (14 hours), I pretty much chain vaped and no one noticed. The biggest problem was leaking. I doubt there are any tanks that would hold up to the air pressure changes. I just waited until we were at cruising altitude and filled up then. I didn't even bother trying in the plane bathrooms, but in pretty much all of the airport bathrooms you can get away with it if you keep the vapor to a minimum.

I just noticed your sig banner... Happy Vaperversary!!! :thumbs:

Andria

I had no problems at all flying with my vape stuff last month to and from Vegas. Just carried empty tanks and my batteries in a case in my carry-on, put the juice in my clear plastic baggie with other liquids, and nobody batted an eye. One of my juice bottles did leak a little inside the baggie once we were in the air, but that wasn't so bad, and might have been from me not screwing the cap on tight as much from changes in air pressure. I eased my one nicotine fit by dipping my pinkie in some of that spilled juice and rubbing it on my gum, which was nasty and maybe not safe, but kept me from freaking out as I am not a good flyer AT ALL.

I wouldn't vape on a plane. I know people talk about doing it, and some people have got away with it…but if you get caught, the hassle would so not be worth it IMO, possibly at the very least diverting your flight and you being kicked off, maybe even fines/criminal charges, plus being that PITA who caused everyone to miss their connector flight, plus giving idiots ammunition against vaping...

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
I keep seeing the thread title as Snakes on a Plane.

yiF-vapes-on-a-plane.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread