Vape smell.

Discussion in 'UK Forum' started by Pink Diamond, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pink Diamond

Pink Diamond Full Member

Do you vape indoors and if so does it make a scent in the room? How about when you exhale, is there a scent to others?

2. Chillerhippie

Chillerhippie Senior Member ECF Veteran

It depends what you vape, most fruit flavours give off sweet / fruity smells. The only one which didn't agree with other peoples noses for me was pina colada from tw.
    The smell doesn't linger though and is gone after a min or 2

3. Chrissie

Chrissie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

A friend of mine is more than happy for me to vape in her car - even with the windows closed. I mainly still vape tobacco flavours & she says the vapour smells a bit like popcorn to her.

As Chillerhippie says, the smell doesn't linger & neither does the vapour :)

4. Pink Diamond

Pink Diamond Full Member

Woop! As a smoker (until I get my goods) I don't like the effects it has if you smoke in your home, making walls yellow etc and the stink. Once I start vaping looks like I will be able to sit in comfort on my sofa vaping away without a problem :) Also, is the vapour like steam? Can it make things feel damp if you vape too much?

5. Chrissie

Chrissie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

No more stink & no more yellow walls :) And never had any problems with the vapour making things damp as it evaporates very quickly.

6. Chillerhippie

It will stream your car window up if you blow too hard and don't have the blowers aimed at the windscreen, especially now its cold outside.
    The good news is that you won't get any sticky brown build up on the glass which takes forever to clean off like you do with stinkys.

7. YKruss

YKruss Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    My wife is a scent-frick. She can't stand any smell.

My workaround? I start using unflavored and she is happy.
    To my surprise I am pretty happy with unflavored, it still has some flavor to me.

8. AEW830

AEW830 Senior Member ECF Veteran

It seems to be depend on the "smeller". I never smoked in the house, but my husband couldn't stand the smell of cigarettes and the lingering smell of them on my clothes and on me. However, he does not smell the vapor at all when I vape inside but smells vapor in closer quarters like the car. He can't tell what the flavor is, though, and never finds the smell offensive in a vehicle.

On the other hand, I have a friend who can't smell. She couldn't smell smoke lingering on me or in my car, but her lungs could tell, and she'd start coughing and couldn't ride in my car even if it had been hours since I had smoked in it. Now I can visit her and vape, and she will ride in my car when I vape. Her lungs are oblivious. I figure that's a good sign for my lungs as well.

9. user808a

user808a Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My gf used to complain about the lingering smoke smell on me and I smoked outside. She has since bought her own twist to smoke inside the house.

10. Chillerhippie

I'm slightly confused, did she smoke before?

11. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mh wife, who never smoked, is happy to give a sniff when I concoct a new DIY. She says it reminds her of her Daddy's pipe tobacco. The scents are not as noticable from more than 5 feet. I literally have to blow it in her face for her to get an idea of the flavor. She never complained about my smoking (pre-e-cig). She loves me like that!

12. DaveyC

DaveyC Senior Member ECF Veteran

Since I am relatively new, I will say. From my limited experience, my strawberry 11mg from TW gives off the strongest fruity smell, but it doesn't last at all, if you wave your hand through it, it is gone in easily 10 seconds. The tobacco flavors I tried when I used my microlite, they lasted a bit longer, but like another user mentioned above, sometimes smelled a bit like popcorn.

So far, no flavor has lingered! Which is one huge pro to vaping opposed to cigarettes. I used to hate the lingering smell of cigarettes!

13. RosaJ

RosaJ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I vape inside my apartment, the smell depends on what I'm vaping but it doesn't get absorbed in my clothes much less the walls. However, I moved into my apartment 2 weeks before I stopped smoking myself (and I smoked outside during those two weeks), I am now smelling the old smells from the old tenants who did smoke inside. The carpet was not replaced when I moved in and they've tried to steam cleaning it 4 times as it has pet stains (I don't have pets myself). Needless to say, whenever my daughter, her husband (never smoked in their lives) and I first walk in to the apartment I smell the carpet. Oh well...

14. DR. Schwartz

DR. Schwartz Full Member Verified Member

I vape menthol and my co-workers say it smells like... menthol. Nobody seems to mind the smell and some even request vapor rings when I am sitting right next to them.

15. perpetua

perpetua Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I love the smell of exhaled vapour, on the juices I vape . . . mainly caramel/butterscotch, candy
    type flavours, it's like walking into a giant toffee in my house. :laugh:

But then, I only have the dog to consider . . . although my friends that visit, all say how lovely it
    smells now. :)

16. Pink Diamond

Pink Diamond Full Member

Thanks for all the replies ladies & gents :) Mhy husband is an ex smoker (nicotine patches) but I've got a feeling he will be jealous when he sees me vaping :)

17. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sorry for off-topic comment, but to advise you, baking soda. Sprinkle it generously on every inch of carpet. Leave it for a day. Walk on it. Next day, vaccuum. Smell gone!

Back to topic...

18. Rcun

Rcun Registered Supplier

I also find the smell very appealing. I also find that any smell from vaping does quickly subside.

19. Pedaldog

Pedaldog Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

@Dougie... "Vacuum"? Interesting concept, how do you protect the carpet if you take all the dirt off it:p

20. KANGAROOSTER

KANGAROOSTER Full Member Verified Member

Certain juices definitely have a scented vape, but they don't tend to linger in my experiences. I had iVapes Grape Drink a while back and it tasted and smelled just like Kool-Aid. My little bro immediately went to the fridge to get his fix LULZ. My girlfriend absolutely HATED the smell of Sweet Caroline too, which was a shame, I love it. Nobody seems to ever notice my menthol vapor though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.