Vape Tricks Coil Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexxar31

Jan 10, 2017
Hi guys. I just want to build a coil that is used for tricks. I need to get a dense smoke to perform some milky o's. Now I have 24g kanthal parallel 5wraps dual coil on my atty. It reads about .14 ohms. I am using tube mod and vtc 4. I am thinking if omega coil or some fused clapton is better than parallel kanthal? I think parallel kanthal has a faster ramp up time than fused but what about the density of the vapor?

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
At that resistance on a mech Id suggest getting an LG HB6, HB4 or HB2 instead of the VTC4. The VTC4 is rated for 23A and you are drawing 30A with a full charge.

Have you tried vaping with pure VG, no nic no flavor just VG. For builds that will produce big clouds I dont have much to offer because I just recently started doing more challenging builds and Ive got a long way to go.

rexxar31

Jan 10, 2017
Thanks for the input. I think I have read an article here written by Mooch that vtc4s can be discharged up to 30amps. Besides, I am pulsing it so the strain wouldn't be that huge.

For the juice. I am use a max vg liquid. It has a flavor but i think the rating would be 90/10.

I am still thinking how those people on youtube get those milky o's. I have my cough perfect but the o's is not as think as theirs. So I think it is on coil build LOL

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I still recommend the HB6. Its all well and good until its not anymore and batteries dont keep their CDR forever. As time goes on the mAh rating decreases and in turn decreases the available current. Im also wondering when the article you read was written. I remember a time when the VTC4 was touted as the best 30A cell according to this site. Apparently that had something to do with misreading the data and the VTC4 is actually a 23A cell.

If you are comfortable with your use of this cell there is nothing I can do to stop you but please excercise as much caution as possible. Even with an HB6 I would recommend using only newer cells at that resistance on a mech.

You could also consider a regulated mod for your cloud tricks. They will allow you to expand the surface area of your coils and up the wattage to get those thick dense clouds. You might also look in to staged or staggered coils. Again, please make safety your primary concern and then build accordingly. You can build for thick dense clouds without being unsafe.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
nNxcQ9q.jpg

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
everyone already talked about battery safety, so just re-read their posts...lol

as to cloud tricks, i don't have much info, but I pretty much mechs exclusively, and anytime i have performance issues, here's what I do:

clean the mod and atty. every inch of it. threads, contacts, switch, inside the tube, outside the tube etc. (let us know which mod and atty you're using)

I also use some sandpaper to clean up my contact points and batteries. remember, you're not trying to take off any metal, just clean them up a bit.

without knowing what gear you're using, it's kinda hard to make suggestions, but parallel coils are my go to coils for "clouds". they heat up fast and have lots of surface area.

good luck and be safe.

ETA: how old are your batteries? I'm not sure if they make VCT4s anymore, so they might be part of the problem too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darth Omerta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread