Status
Not open for further replies.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
I was picking up my GF at the airport and decided to have a little puff. Over the loud speaker it was announced that "There is NO SMOKING allowed in thei airport!" then they proceded to play a taped PSA about the law and the indoor clean air act.

So I took another puff. I waited and waited and waited for them to come over and say something to me. The limo drivers and others waiting there knew it was "One of those new electric smokeless cigs" and were laughing.

This was at the McCarren airport here in Vegas. Serously, you would think that here in VEGAS of all places they would be hip to the e-cigs by now. They are selling them all over the place. Sheesh.

Oh, no one ever approached me to "stop smoking" so I think they may have realized by the black tube, blue led light, and no lingering smoke that I wasn't smoking.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
I tried it in the mall today and heard a man say IS SHE SMOKING??? The lady he was with said UGH! I smell it! What is wrong with her? I wanted to go back and explain to them what it was and tell her that there was no way she smelled smoke, but I was in a hurry. Funny thing is that the Smoking Everywhere kiosk was about 10 feet behind me. lol

Alpine77

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Last night I was at the Mez in Charlotte (smoking not allowed). I has my electronic cigarette out showing my friend whom I met there. I showed her it, took a couple of puffs, let her try it and she took a couple of puffs. We got some looks from people but noone said anything. I think they realized it was not an actual cigarette since they obviously smelled nothing, oh, and me putting it into and taking it out of my pocket might have cued them in something was different about this cigarette, haha.

I have found that most people will not confront you directly but say things in passing. Of course, anyone who ever does say something I make it a point to educate them as to what is going on.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I think we need to vape in public but be prepared to be a good will ambassador for our electronic vaporizer. I have made up a small card with the forum web site, other information web sites and several supplier web sites to hand out to interested people. I am also making up a small card that explains that I am using an electronic vaporizer, similar to a vaporizer in a child's room, that it produces only water vapor and that I am not smoking a tobacco product. If, after explaining that politely to any disgruntled passerbys, they still want to be "snotty", then they can kiss my a** for all I care. And I will have no problem telling them that. (well, unless they are 6'5" and weight 250 lbs and look like terriphan)

ROB26

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2009
Fort Worth TX
I was picking up my GF at the airport and decided to have a little puff. Over the loud speaker it was announced that "There is NO SMOKING allowed in thei airport!" then they proceded to play a taped PSA about the law and the indoor clean air act.

So I took another puff. I waited and waited and waited for them to come over and say something to me. The limo drivers and others waiting there knew it was "One of those new electric smokeless cigs" and were laughing.

This was at the McCarren airport here in Vegas. Serously, you would think that here in VEGAS of all places they would be hip to the e-cigs by now. They are selling them all over the place. Sheesh.

Oh, no one ever approached me to "stop smoking" so I think they may have realized by the black tube, blue led light, and no lingering smoke that I wasn't smoking.

NICE...lol...I'm still far too paranoid to attempt smoking in an airport or airplane; however, I was recently at a banquet and had been puffing my e-cig all night, but was blowing the vapor under the table..lol...as we were leaving, I took a big hit and exhaled, my friends knew what I was doing, but then I saw a look in their eyes like...OH SH*$! As I turned around, I see two bartenders coming towards me...."THERE'S NO SMOKING IN THIS BUILDING!" I quickly explained and they laughed, although it appeared they were still a bit angry...lol...then I went on to have a conversation with them and they both expressed their interest in my e-cig and told me the stories of how they had recently quit smoking themselves! I told them I was attempting to do the same.....good stuff....MAN I WISH I WAS IN VEGAS RIGHT NOW!!!:evil:

Vista Chris

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I always vape at the airports now. It's funny, security just gives me a weird look and pass me by.

The ones who actually approach me or make the 'throat cut' gesture to "knock it off" are usually other travelers or retail boutique employees.

It always ends peacefully, at least so far, and I explain what it is and what I'm doing. Of course I never flaunt it, in fact I am surprised it's noticed sometimes I try to be so discreet.

Either way I'm happy to say that I will continue to vape at airports and the experience has been pleasant so far. Especially since I'm able to get my fix during those dreaded layovers. :)

C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread