Status
Not open for further replies.

Psy-Crow

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Russia
vapegrabber.com
Hi, everyone!

I've been busy working on the new features and today I'm rolling out the first one.

It's Items grouping! A picture is worth a thousand words, let's view all eGo-t kits available:

2ywcyds.png

It greatly reduces clutter created by numerous of options available for items. Now it's all clean and simple - all similar products (e.g. batteries available in different colors) are grouped together and this group is collapsed by default. To view all items in a group, just click on the + icon.

So now, you can find the best deals on all hot stuff such as eGo-C and Lavatube in even more convenient way ;).

Psy-Crow

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Russia
vapegrabber.com
I have this bookmarked and find myself using it when I'm trying to help a new forum member. It has, many times, been a very useful tool! Thank you for your efforts Psy-Crow.

Thank you! I've been doing the same in the Where can I get a .......? section.

I would love to see more vendors one the site. The more competition the better for chance lower prices.

Yep, I'm constantly adding new suppliers, so check back often ;). I'm planning to add shipping cost calculation, at least for vendors offering flat shipping rates.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Yes, I'm agree with you, it would be a logical decision to limit suppliers to ECF-approved ones, at least by default.

I Strongly Disagree with this !!!

I don't know what ECF's criteria is for allowing vendors to be registered suppliers other than the vendor pays 30 dollars a month to be on that list.

Many ECF registered suppliers have given bad costumer service and some have very high prices. There are tons of great non ECF registered vendors who have good prices and good customer service who are not "ECF approved".

They simply choose not to pay 30 dollars a month to be on someones list. I cannot blame for that. If you do not allow vendors to be on your site who are not ECF registered vendors, than it will seem as if you are in bed with ECF to promote ECF vendors only. You will look like a tool for ECF. Other vendors will feel alienated.

It''s not about ECF, it's about the vaping community as a whole. All vendors deserve to be on your website. With user feedback, you can remove vendors once they prove to have a bad track record on customer service or for other reasons why you should not list them. To not include them at first simply because they are not ECF approved is just Wrong.

I would boycott your service for this and tell others not to use it.

Otherwise, I do like your service. I think it's great. I hope you reconsider your stance on this.

Last edited:

Psy-Crow

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Russia
vapegrabber.com
John Phoenix, whoa, hold your horses! :)

I don't know what ECF's criteria is for allowing vendors to be registered suppliers other than the vendor pays 30 dollars a month to be on that list.

The suppliers are bound with strict policy. While this is not 100% guarantee of good customer service it still increases the chances.

It''s not about ECF, it's about the vaping community as a whole. All vendors deserve to be on your website. With user feedback, you can remove vendors once they prove to have a bad track record on customer service or for other reasons why you should not list them. To not include them at first simply because they are not ECF approved is just Wrong.

While I tend to agree with you, please understand that I have to find the fine line between "everyone (and I, mean everyone) accepted" and "ECF-suppliers only". There are already non-ECF vendors on a list (VapeKing, VapeBar).

VapeGrabber is enduser-oriented service. I add suppliers mostly by users request and\or using my own discretion to pick them from the ECF's suppliers list. I've also added a couple of vendors by their personal request. There is no official "screening process", but to be added vendor either has to be registered ECF supplier or to have similar status at other reputable sites (such as aussievapers.com for Australian suppliers).

If vendor does not fall into any of two cases above I follow ECF's rules for suppliers: no smoking cessation\health claims, etc.

Generally, what I'm trying to say is that while I don't restrict VapeGrabber to ECF-only vendors, they are still have to meet some basic "decency" criteria.

Otherwise, I do like your service. I think it's great. I hope you reconsider your stance on this.

Thank you :). As you see I'm open to discussion and I'm willing to hear more from you on this topic.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
John Phoenix, whoa, hold your horses! :)

I'm glad you had more to say on the subject. I think " it would be a logical decision to limit suppliers to ECF-approved ones" was a little strong.

I think too there is a difference between ECF (or should be more correctly) ECF member approved and ECF registered supplier. The restrictions set for registered suppliers are designed to keep the vendor in a good standing not as a reputable vendor but as a member of the forum who does business here. Yes, they do have some wording about that vendor being reputable but this is not always the case. I think their criteria as applied to if a vendor is generally reputable, has good customer service and fair pricing is woefully lacking. There is nothing to force a vendor to live up to those standards, especially when ECF charges for the privilege of being on an esteemed list.

For instance, I could alert ECF to several vendors that have really high and unfair pricing - for the same products others offer. I seriously doubt ECF would remove these people from the vendor list because ECF is happy to make money on them and those strict rules have not been broken.

I understand you are assuming that these vendors because they meet ECF supplier criteria, that this at least means they must be reputable to some degree. I understand you need some yardstick to measure potential vendors by.

Might I suggest for all vendors ECF registered Suppliers or ECF approved suppliers as well as all non ECF vendors that you poll the body of customers who deal with these vendors and let the yea's and nay's fall where they may. On your site you have a list of vendors you use. Connect this to a poll that shows user feedback for each one. If the poll shows a vendor has a consistent bad rating according to the users, then remove them. In other words, let the users be the judge, not ECF Supplier criteria. I believe vaping consumers in general from all walks will be a better yardstick to judge who stays on your list. I also believe it would be more fair to all vendors.

Perhaps you could ask for non ECF vendors that people know are reputable. ECF members will give you tons. Weed them out in time if their poll results fall below a certain point.

Psy-Crow

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Russia
vapegrabber.com
John Phoenix, I see your point, I'll think about implementing some sort of ratings for vendors and products. Btw, to give to good start, could you name some non-ECF suppliers that you personally would like to see on VapeGrabber?

Wow, cool. That will come in handy. Good idea.
Thanks! Do you have any suggestions, your favorite vendors missing for example? :)

silentbrains

Jan 1, 2012
Well crap, this is positively amazing. Thank you for the great service you are doing!

I understand you're automating as much of this as possible, and that sounds really smart. I'm not sure what happened to this site
Lg bottle sort | Socrata | Making Data Social
but I assume they were doing it by hand since the last update was almost two years ago.

Psy-Crow

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Russia
vapegrabber.com
Liberty Flights should definitely be included.

Now if there was some way for you to include coupon codes, that would really be a hit!
:)

The coupons for supported vendors is already there! See my previous post for details.

You can click at store name in the list and view supplier info including coupons and shipping. For your convenience suppliers that have active coupons in database are marked with special icon in search results:
2ytwhew.png

And I will include Liberty Flights in next suppliers update ;).

Well crap, this is positively amazing. Thank you for the great service you are doing!

Thanks!

I understand you're automating as much of this as possible, and that sounds really smart. I'm not sure what happened to this site
Lg bottle sort | Socrata | Making Data Social
but I assume they were doing it by hand since the last update was almost two years ago.

Yep, seems so. But it still interesting from historical point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread