vapeing in a government building

Discussion in 'Armed Services Forum' started by swest31, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swest31

swest31 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Has anyone ran into problems at work? I'm still new to vapeing and just wanted to see if anyone had a problem.

2. krazynavybiker

krazynavybiker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have not had any real problems. My Commanding Officer (0-6) has seen me vaping at my desk and has not said anything however I do have 1 E-7 that does not like it. So to keep the peace I just go outside or to the locker room on cold or rainy days. The way I see it is, me vaping at my desk = the more work you get out of me.

3. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Super Member ECF Veteran

:) so true, not having to leave you desk to get some work done while vaping.

4. Vapeterry

Vapeterry Senior Member ECF Veteran

I don't know if this counts but i had my annual physical last Monday & vaped around the VA with my Darwin!!!

5. krazynavybiker

I would say it counts and thx for reminding me, flight phys Tuesday. I better write that down some place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. swest31

Thanks for the comments. I thought the Air Force had prohibited vapeing in buildings?

7. sppowers

sppowers Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

What it all comes down to it the command you work with and what they allow. I used to vape in my hospital in Yokosuka with a few fellow hospitalmen when they banned smoking in uniform, my chief and commanding officer commended us on finding a healthier alternative. I have heard of some commands banning vaping but a lot of these things depend on your commanding officer.

8. Valsacar

Valsacar ECF Administrator
    Social Groups Manager
    Revi
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'm a contractor, prior Army, and our LTC and GS-14 (deputy) know I do it and don't care. I don't vape in front of anyone outside the organization, unless I know them, to keep it simple... and two people I work with don't like it, so I don't let them see.

9. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Im just fortunate enough to be retired - not rubbing it in. :)

10. krazynavybiker

Coming up fast for me, 3 more years if I don't pick up E-7

11. krazynavybiker

Man I miss Japan, I was on the USS Kitty Hawk (CV63) when she was in Yoko. Sept. 01 - Nov. 04

12. sppowers

sppowers Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oh man I heard horror stories about the KH when I was there, were you all as crazy as the tales say? haha

13. Tektronik

Tektronik Senior Member ECF Veteran

I vape at my desk. I've been doing it for so long now that everyone in the office no longer cares. The key is, don't bring attention to yourself. I don't do it when there the office is full of people, and I never do it when anyone from supervision is around. They may have caught me a time or two, but they see I'm not openly blowing vapor to attract attention. In the past two years I've been vaping, I have not been given an outright "NO" and intend to keep it that way. Nothing is worse than getting up to go outside when you could be working at your desk staying productive.

14. Battletroll

Battletroll Full Member

Just getting into vaping and I'm pretty sure I is already covered by an AF AFI that it can only be done in a designated smoking area. If I got time at work today I'll look it up. Thanks for what all of you do or did in the military though.

15. krazynavybiker

Yeah it was BAAAAAAD!!!!!

16. olfajarley

olfajarley Full Member

I work on a Navy base where they handle ordnance and all sailors are banned from the use of e-cig on and off duty. Needless to say as a civilian ( 10 year Veteran technically ) I am not able to vape at work....I cant even bring it to work because of the explosive arc because of heat .....but we have an oven in our work center :glare:

17. swest31

Don't you love government logic?

:laugh:

18. Cadaoryn

Cadaoryn Senior Member ECF Veteran

the government policy on logic is:
    If it makes sense, it's wrong.

19. mergryphon

mergryphon Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm a contractor with a government agency. I vape stealthily in the restroom, and in my cubby/office, where I usually have a fan going anyway. Those who know me well applaud the not smoking, and don't bother me except to say that smells good.

I just don't flaunt it, and figure its easier to ask forgiveness than bring it up and have a ban made clear.

20. krazynavybiker

Banned from E-cigs off duty? What official instruction are the looking at that says people can't use a E-cig off duty? My flight surgeon a Navy O6 applauded me for kicking analogs and picking up a PV since the patch, gum and the pill did nothing.

Bremerton, WA man I hated that place. I was on the Carl Vinson when she was up there back in 97.

: protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.