• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapemeet? Let's do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwaggTech

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Mcdonough, Ga (S. ATL)
Mesh+Half.JPEG

Intro

Hey guys,

Some of you may know me but i suspect most won't. In a nutshell, I am a very dedicated vaper looking for us Southerners to do what we do best, fellowship! I stopped by this thread a few months ago offering help with placing ads in local Atlanta area publications, but everything got lost in the transition to a new site. Since that time I have been lurking and waiting for a meet to happen but the crickets kept chirping so I decided to begin planning one myself.

What is #SafeClouds

If you have seen my videos then you already know #SafeClouds is a personal mantra of mine. The most addicting part of smoking to me was the act of inhaling and exhaling smoke. I came up with the term in order to simply state that the clouds vapor i was producing has shown no second hand affects. It has helped me tear down the myths that some people spew out of ignorance and actually hold a constructive conversation on what vaping is.

Okay so what is your plan?

As it stands there is only two people on this project and that is my girlfriend and myself. She is a chef at
Hamilton Mill Country Club I know Dacula isn't the most central location, but lodging in that area is much more affordable, we'd receive a discount on the space, and its a beautiful venue. They have a full service bar and restaurant so the plan is to serve light finger foods and bottled water in the meeting room. (I think that's fair)

Once we secure the venue, we will begin the registration. I am anticipating the price to be $10 per person. If we do not receive enough registrants to cover the bulk of the cost there will be a plan B for a smaller event, but we those interested will still meet even if we throw a BBQ!

What we need is everything! Volunteers, vendors, a DJ, photographers, please lend us your talents!

Feel free to email me for more information: SwaggTech(at)gmail(dot)c0m

Last edited:

SwaggTech

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Mcdonough, Ga (S. ATL)
UPDATE!

Okay so I got awesome news from Hamilton Mill. The space+food+cash bar= $1200 for four hours. (This is with a small cushion of course in case the price rises with specifics.) The space holds roughly 140 people. I believe this to be sufficient as those who are mostly coming to shop will come in early and may leave before the end.

Here's what I am thinking. After the initial meet with vendors and what not we have an after party of sorts. There is a cool restaurant/bar called Dos Copas that is less than a mile from the venue. They have a party room, but it's truly not necessary because the people there are down to earth. (I've vaped there on many occasions.) I'm going to speak with them tomorrow to check for special accommodations.

I am setting a tentative date for July 20, 2013 between 5-9pm. I picked the 20th because at the end of the month we are more timid with our funds. This will give a lot of people the chance to pick up an item that they may otherwise couldn't.

Last thing I wanted to say is this is not something I'm looking to take credit for. It is a community event. If there are name change, logo, timing, location, ANYTHING just say so. We can do this GA! Thank you for your responses!

Hokus, GABlue, EvenFive Thank you thank you thank you! I have never put one of these together so i am kind of winging it. If anyone wants to share the idea on Facebook or anywhere else we may get great input from I think it would help out. I've kind of been functioning on the premise of "If you build it, they will come."

Last edited:

Hokus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Woodstock, GA
UPDATE!

Okay so I got awesome news from Hamilton Mill. The space+food+cash bar= $1200 for four hours. (This is with a small cushion of course in case the price rises with specifics.) The space holds roughly 140 people. I believe this to be sufficient as those who are mostly coming to shop will come in early and may leave before the end.

Here's what I am thinking. After the initial meet with vendors and what not we have an after party of sorts. There is a cool restaurant/bar called Dos Copas that is less than a mile from the venue. They have a party room, but it's truly not necessary because the people there are down to earth. (I've vaped there on many occasions.) I'm going to speak with them tomorrow to check for special accommodations.

I am setting a tentative date for July 27, 2013 between 5-9pm. I picked the 20th because at the end of the month we are more timid with our funds. This will give a lot of people the chance to pick up an item that they may otherwise couldn't.

Last thing I wanted to say is this is not something I'm looking to take credit for. It is a community event. If there are name change, logo, timing, location, ANYTHING just say so. We can do this GA! Thank you for your responses!

Hokus, GABlue, EvenFive Thank you thank you thank you! I have never put one of these together so i am kind of winging it. If anyone wants to share the idea on Facebook or anywhere else we may get great input from I think it would help out. I've kind of been functioning on the premise of "If you build it, they will come."

Sounds good Swagg!

I'll be sure to hold that date.

On a side note, I work as a web designer, so I'll me more than happy to put a site together for this to get the word out

SwaggTech

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Mcdonough, Ga (S. ATL)
sorry bro, i typed the date wrong. (was staring at a calendar) its set for the 20th.

What do you think of a "DIY Corral"? Imagine a table with a couple lazy susan spice racks with DIY juice. You stop by the table, try a juice, and if you like it read the label and the juice name and some sort of contact info (facebook, twitter, email) is there so you can share recipes or ask them to mix some up for you. Also thinking of a rebuild station. A place to get rba tips and recoil your new, or old, toy.

SwaggTech

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Mcdonough, Ga (S. ATL)
Okay more news, the space is 104ft x 74ft. There is enough room for 10 vendor tables (5 along each sidewall). There is also a terrace that we can use to keep things from feeling crowded.

Later tonight I will update the OP with the new info.

Thanks again y'all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

SwaggTech

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Mcdonough, Ga (S. ATL)
Im going to try to go to vaperite tomorrow, and I'll ask if they are will be interested in joining us

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Any ideas on where all our local vapers are hanging out online? I'm not much of a Facebook user, but I'll create an account for it if that's where everyone is

Rnoserious

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2012
Bethlehem, Georgia
www.coast2coastvaping.com
The caveman will be in attendance..

And if we need a DJ, i got that covered as well..

If there is a need for a change of venu because of cost, i can can help as well..

Id like to get a table, and ill also teach coil wrapping with silica wicks..

Vaperite will more than likely attend, and ill drop the word on FB as well as on my youtube channel..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread