• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapemeet? Let's do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaconX

Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Man I am happy to have stumbled on to this post. I am in woodstock and have been wishing hard for a georgia vape meet. I am down for sure and willing to help as well.

Personally, I own a small advertising agency. I am a graphic designer and I also teach web design 1 day a week at the Creative Circus. We work with some pretty huge brands down to small mom and pop shops, one of them being vaperite. We have not completed a project with them yet but are hoping to design all of their packing for future product bundles. Even with being so small we have done work for Dell, Facebook, Auto Trader, Hunter Douglas, Cole Haan, Kontrol Freek, and AT&T.

I am willing to get my team to do some pro bono work for this if needed. Flyers, web, whatever. We have a pretty filled up schedule but can make time so let me know, thanks!

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
OK. Lady of the house is on board.

Kinda laughed when I told her it was to hang out with fellow vapors. She quit laughing when I explained she could check out some pretty new gear, and we'd tie one on and stay at the hotel overnight. Hubba hubba:toast:

Gonna be ticked if I have to get up and go to work the next morning.

SwaggTech

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Mcdonough, Ga (S. ATL)
Sorry
I have been MIA, had some family things pop up. A cool guy named Kelvin hooked us up with these!!!!

2013-05-14.jpg

Rnoserious

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2012
Bethlehem, Georgia
www.coast2coastvaping.com
Yes tshirts will be available...

I have got the agreement with the hotel that if any employee forbids vapeing in any public area in the hotel, we get the event space at the reduced rate, and the bartender fees will be waived..

Contracts signed, and i am awaiting the room booking codes now..

All proceeds will be going to wounded warriors project.

I think its time we as a community reach outside of our realm and get recognized assisting others in the real world..

I will be registering with the WWP and getting their endorsement.

They will also promote an advertising blitz, and afford an opportunity in the local papers and TV spots (hopefully)

I need a cheap place to source gift bags for Attendees.. So i need a list of volunteers as of now..

I will check back in here in the next 24 hours.. And hopefully everyone has a skype account..

Hit me up with your skype address in PM, post interest here and i will assign responsibilities..

I have the creative loafing contacts covered, as well as the AJC contacts..

I would love to see a banner design for our club in a format that i can send to vistaprint and get made into a 8'x3' size...

DWontheGO

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 29, 2013
Pendergrass, GA
www.VapeWares.com
I can volunteer to assemble bags. I'll email and PM contact info. I can give time but not money out of pocket, hope you understand.

I would like to add, I think the "logo" is very well done but I would like to see something more discreet...not so "smokey". Does that make sense? I'm am only giving my opinion, not trying to criticize. I realize this was done by a volunteer. In an effort to suggest rather than just say no to an idea...I would like to see something more anti smoking than just praising vaping. I hope I am being clear and again this is just MY opinion. Oh gosh, please don't be mad :blush:

OH Yeah, great job on all the work being done to put this together.

Last edited:

Hokus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Woodstock, GA
I can volunteer to assemble bags. I'll email and PM contact info. I can give time but not money out of pocket, hope you understand.

I would like to add, I think the "logo" is very well done but I would like to see something more discreet...not so "smokey". Does that make sense? I'm am only giving my opinion, not trying to criticize. I realize this was done by a volunteer. In an effort to suggest rather than just say no to an idea...I would like to see something more anti smoking than just praising vaping. I hope I am being clear and again this is just MY opinion. Oh gosh, please don't be mad :blush:

OH Yeah, great job on all the work being done to put this together.

I understand what you are saying about the smoking bit.. My wife said something along the same lines.

Her comment was to just have the cool looking peach, and not billowing smoke.

Personally I like it, but I see both sides :)

DWontheGO

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 29, 2013
Pendergrass, GA
www.VapeWares.com
Thanks Hokus.

I want something I feel comfortable wearing anywhere and spark conversation. It's not totally necessary though, it just my preference. I think it would also minimize dirty looks from hotel guest and employees. I love that I don't smoke cigarettes anymore but vaping is still taboo....especially when we all pull out the fancy gear:facepalm:! Maybe I'm too conservative, again just my opinion.

Hey- my rooms are already booked for both nights and I'M coming to vape, socialize and have a GREAT time, don't get me wrong :toast:

Last edited:

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
A loud pop occurs and YardByrd is suddenly there seated on his perch. His YB medallion is glowing green and you hear a smooth, deep, male, Latin, translated voice:

"Hail and greetings fellow Peach State Vapers. I reserved a room last night and am proud to say that I, and Mrs. Byrd, will be in attendance. We will spend Friday night and have to leave on Saturday, after a long lingering browse and hopefully a visit, because I have to work on Sunday. I called in my reservation because I couldn't get a room code. When I told them I was attending this event they gave me the discount on my room. This will be our very first vapemeet so we are curious, happy, and looking forward to it. I noticed that SVC, in an earlier post, is a sponsor but didn't see their logo on the homepage; will they still be there? I also hope that someone will approve my request to join this group on FB."

YardByrd looks straight up and the sound of "Little Martha" by the Allman Brothers is heard when there suddenly is another loud pop and he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread