• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VAPENY has a new store in Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
E-Cig Sales on Fire | Fox Business Video
Spike did a great job on this interview.

Watch the very end of this. And you will realize how dumb these news hosts can be.

I have to point this out. I wish there was more cause I want to know what else was said.

"I guess we will have to change all these songs like "Pass the Dutchie" to the left hand side."
No, dude, that is referring to weed, not cigarettes.

Let's further stigmatize vaping by referring to illegal substances.

Before anyone says it,,, see this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pass_the_Dutchie

Last edited:

Crystal K

Aug 7, 2013
NY
Sorry to say but this store is horrible i understand the diff between local and online vendors but i bought a few stuff and after purchasing only after to realize after i was taxed on products that has no tax. i would of understand if the tax was in the final price of the product but even the final price is ridiculous such as the iclear30 is $20 bucks not including tax. However i still bought it cause i was sceptical but never again will i visit there i mean i just look on there online store and the mvp itaste is $100 that's insane
MVP iTaste : VapeNY... New York's Choice for Electronic Cigarettes, VapeNY... New York's Choice for Electronic Cigarettes

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
How do you define a product that has no tax? All products have some tax on them, Including e-Cigs.
as long as it is not food in some states. Some states have no tax on food.

You are not paying a Cigarette (SIN) tax, you are paying a product purchase tax, most likely whatever the tax is in your state.

As for the prices, have you asked yourself that maybe they are paying a lot for this location and the prices justify the convenience of doing business in that area? Allowing you to go an get the products you want, without having to drive a huge distance, or order on-line and wait some days?

Ever wonder why a Soda in a convenient store costs more than getting it at a grocery store?

Come on, please do some Economics 101 courses, please.

E150club

Oct 1, 2010
L.I New York
Sorry to say but this store is horrible i understand the diff between local and online vendors but i bought a few stuff and after purchasing only after to realize after i was taxed on products that has no tax. i would of understand if the tax was in the final price of the product but even the final price is ridiculous such as the iclear30 is $20 bucks not including tax. However i still bought it cause i was sceptical but never again will i visit there i mean i just look on there online store and the mvp itaste is $100 that's insane
MVP iTaste : VapeNY... New York's Choice for Electronic Cigarettes, VapeNY... New York's Choice for Electronic Cigarettes

It's the law. If something is shipped from another state its tax free. If you buy something in the state you live in its taxable.

Crystal K

Aug 7, 2013
NY
How do you define a product that has no tax? All products have some tax on them, Including e-Cigs.
as long as it is not food in some states. Some states have no tax on food.

You are not paying a Cigarette (SIN) tax, you are paying a product purchase tax, most likely whatever the tax is in your state.

As for the prices, have you asked yourself that maybe they are paying a lot for this location and the prices justify the convenience of doing business in that area? Allowing you to go an get the products you want, without having to drive a huge distance, or order on-line and wait some days?

Ever wonder why a Soda in a convenient store costs more than getting it at a grocery store?

Come on, please do some Economics 101 courses, please.

Um you really going to bring a economic b/s around me? With those kinda prices you see i was firstly actually happy that there is a local shop in the queen area. But shop like these is one of the reason the FDA should win it's case against taxing this product .. What is the store owner excuse for having such ridiculous prices and on top of that being tax.. Like i said in my original post i didn't care much about tax it's the price don't try milking something that suppose to help the community i will stick with online shopping smh

NeoLogic

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Queens, NY
Um you really going to bring a economic b/s around me? With those kinda prices you see i was firstly actually happy that there is a local shop in the queen area. But shop like these is one of the reason the FDA should win it's case against taxing this product .. What is the store owner excuse for having such ridiculous prices and on top of that being tax.. Like i said in my original post i didn't care much about tax it's the price don't try milking something that suppose to help the community i will stick with online shopping smh

Then don't shop there.

Your grammar hurts.

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
they are rather expensive. And the quality does not seem so good either. Every thing I have purchased there (ego-batteries, tanks, atomizers) seemed to die very quickly compared to ones I've bought from online vendors. But, being they are the only brick and mortor vape shop in the NYC area I guess they can afford to be pricey. And if the FDA's ban on online sales goes through it will be New Yorkers only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread