Vaper XS Free Sample Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearlheartgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
NY
I just got an email from an e-cig company calling themselves, Vaper XS. They're hawking "free samples" of e-cigs for $4.95 (shipping and handling). Out of curiosity, I clicked on the link. There it was, with glowing reviews from satisfied customers. I wanted to know what the catch was so I clicked on the Terms and Conditions page. That was the catch. If you don't cancel before the two week trial was up, you were enrolled in auto-delivery for $99.95 per month. What costs $99.95 per month in the e-cig world? And if you cancel before the two weeks, you were charged $49.95 for your "free sample".

Vaper XS | The #1 Tasting e-cigarette

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I just got an email from an e-cig company calling themselves, Vaper XS. They're hawking "free samples" of e-cigs for $4.95 (shipping and handling). Out of curiosity, I clicked on the link. There it was, with glowing reviews from satisfied customers. I wanted to know what the catch was so I clicked on the Terms and Conditions page. That was the catch. If you don't cancel before the two week trial was up, you were enrolled in auto-delivery for $99.95 per month. ... costs $99.95 per month in the e-cig world? And if you cancel before the two weeks, you were charged $49.95 for your "free sample".

Vaper XS | The #1 Tasting e-cigarette
Yeah, apparently a few people have received offers like that. I hate scammers!

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
I did that like 6 times when I was younger, parents would call up and tell them I was too young to be held accountable. Yet they would still send the offers. It was awesome.

my parents eventually told Sports Illustrated i was dead and to quit calling/mailing to offer renewals....

to this day i cannot order SI if i wanted too.

My Dad just sent me this.

<shakes head>

He's a savvy guy, too, and should damn well know better.

The privacy policy for the offer also says you're allowing them to give your information far & wide and enroll you in survey programs, etc.

The website is full of red flags. All of the links at the top of "Health Reports" (Fitness, Family & Pregnancy, etc) take you to the same "free trial" promotion page.

The root domain
"health" "news" "advice" .com (I do not want the real site name to get spidered here)
is a broken page about a health "supplement" with a video that's been removed by YouTube because YouTube terminated the account.

STAY AWAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread