Vaperfexion Fission 22mm RDA - USA Made/Under $50!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I can't wrap my head on the design, how does it work??

There have been some hardware changes and slight design changes since the original pics. The visual appearance remains exactly the same though, except it is 3.5mm smaller!
I'll put some new ones up shortly. There is nothing earth-shattering as far as operation. I felt simple was better. It will be a standard 3 post deck with wire binding posts. The raised outer wall of the deck is slotted to align with the slots on the tube. It has slots on both sides that are all aligned to work together. But if you do happen to block one side with your cotton/rayon etc. you can still get effective air control from only using the other side. Again.. simple but effective. The original design did have the innovative feature of using the deck itself as the ground wire posts, and it locked the wire via a setscrew. Definitely a feature I might revisit later, but expensive to make on our end with drilling and tapping from 3 different angles. So we went back to basics to keep the price down, but still use top quality materials throughout. This device simply could not be made for it's pricepoint if we couldn't do it 100% in house.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
There have been some hardware changes and slight design changes since the original pics. The visual appearance remains exactly the same though, except it is 3.5mm smaller!
I'll put some new ones up shortly. There is nothing earth-shattering as far as operation. I felt simple was better. It will be a standard 3 post deck with wire binding posts. The raised outer wall of the deck is slotted to align with the slots on the tube. It has slots on both sides that are all aligned to work together. But if you do happen to block one side with your cotton/rayon etc. you can still get effective air control from only using the other side. Again.. simple but effective. The original design did have the innovative feature of using the deck itself as the ground wire posts, and it locked the wire via a setscrew. Definitely a feature I might revisit later, but expensive to make on our end with drilling and tapping from 3 different angles. So we went back to basics to keep the price down, but still use top quality materials throughout. This device simply could not be made for it's pricepoint if we couldn't do it 100% in house.

That's a great price! Should be able to afford to check out with one of the new drip tips at the same time.

I know Ti is not the ideal conductor. But we have made a couple out of it and I can't personally see the difference. Maybe the sub-ohm guys see the difference, but I just don't. A giant cloud and good TH is all I need.
So we may eventually make a Ti model.
My bigger issue with Ti is engraving the bodywork. Ti is just a bear for that. It spits $25 engraving bits out for lunch and tends to make "unclean" engraving.
But I'm working on it:)

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
zyvydepa.jpg

u9umydad.jpg

usarane7.jpg

ma8uma8y.jpg

this are the images I don't understand, is that the 510 connection? why is it so long, does it go through another base? why?

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Ahh....ok, now I understand. Yes it is a 510 and yes it is long. It is long because you are looking at the Fission "Insert" The insert fits through our carto tank cap. That's why it was so long.
But I changed the Fission before it was released. It is no longer an "insert". The production version is as a full RDA body. Not the finest pic, but this one happened to be sitting on a workbench and it's all that you are going to see right now!
uhu6etut.jpg

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Actually news is coming verrry shortly. We have been working 14 hour days to make 50 new decks and 50 tubes. We are making hardware tonight. I just couldn't source any type of posts with holes so I opted to make them in house. Why doesn't anyone make those things? The only item on the entire unit we didn't make is the screws. Units are being assembled as the hardware is made, so maybe I'll have completed units tonight! If not, def tomorrow and pics will certainly be out. Purchase info should be available tomorrow..I think!

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
17,658,000. That is number of commands that we have run through our 5 month old cnc mill over the last 10 days, just making the 22mm Fission! 17 million lines of code to make something that essentially produces an electrical short circuit, is the way non-vapers might look at it... I guess:) Anyway, I think we have used those 17 million commands pretty well. The Fission is now a living, breathing, cloud producing, bad ... little RDA for the masses. 9:30 PM Eastern Tonight... Right here, you get to see it first!

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I have bad news for tonight's photos. Something came up as we were milling the air vents into the tubes and we may have to move and reshape those.
So I don't want pics out there that don't represent the final product. Luckily, we didn't cut the air vents into the tubes when we engraved them, or we'd have 50+ unusable Stainless Tubes. As it was, we lost 3-4. So no biggy. So the exterior body pics will have to wait until tomorrow. I can essentially show you everything aside from the finished product!

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
As I said from the beginning, the 22mm version is almost a mirror image of this 25.5mm version----> fission25mm.jpg

This is the new 22mm cap, so very similar.---> Fission Deck3.jpg

The only other difference is the Fission Logo on the tube is a little different on the 22mm version in a better way.
This is the logo change on the vector drawing----> Fission Vector 6.jpg .

The text is actually the same as it was, just slightly reduced in size to account for the change in diameter. So only the logo changed.

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
So it looks like it will be tomorrow for the grand unveiling. We sorted out the air vent issue and it seems like I only have to make a few coding changes to reposition them so that they line up perfectly with the RDA vent "wings". I totally overlooked this factor, when I rewrote all of the programming switching from 25.5 to 22mm...So essentially the vents on the tubes were not opening as the tube was rotated. All fixed now. Oops my bad!

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
This may be of interest to certain parties. The first batch "Series 1" will consist of 50 consumer units. 5 more are test units that we keep and then their are 5 more for PR purposes...reviewers and contest winners (Tim)
I decided to keep options to a minimum in Series 1 to keep the price down. However there will be 5 Satin units and 45 brushed stainless units

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread