• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
ontario
Hey guys, I'm wanting to try rebuilding attys soon. Looking at the aga-t2 also as well as wanting a battery mod too. Using T2 and mini viva the most on regular ego batteries. Doing the job but want to step it up. I'll pick up a rebuildable vivi to play with and a igo-l dripper as i read that or something like a phoenix is perfect to learn and get started building on. A buddy was going to lend me a lavatube to try but he's been away so no play. Been doing lots of reading and don't really want to spend over 100 for a battery mod just yet. If I ever get to try the LT maybe he'll sell it to me as he's using his new evic almost always. :)

XCypher

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Well if you're truly interested in a LT1.5 vaporus has the 1.5T on sale think its $29??? But even still I'm currently using Lambo 4.0 which I picked up for $54? I believe around I payed.
Also for the rebuildable, personally I wouldn't bother with the phoenix for a starter just stick to the vivi nova it doesn't get much simpler.

keenanmcfar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
ottawa
I've been using rbas exclusively for about 10 months now. Have to say you wont regret switching to them! Finicky to start but it gets easier. Started out with a RAtank and now using the igo-l both with locally sourced wire and wick. I find thicker wire= easier to work/better flavour. As fat as the lavatube goes i would highly recommend against it. They are VERY flimsy and cheap. Youd be better off getting a vmax or the like. Its about 100 (bit less) and isnt designed to fail after a few months. My lt is barely working and that is only thanks to hose clamps! Both top and bottom cap fell off. Button also doesnt work half the time.

Vapo_Dave

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
Ottawa, Ont, Canada
I thought I say hey being from Ottawa and all!

I have never vaped… Just researching hardware now. Leaning toward a joyetech C type EGO twist.
I’m a relatively light smoker now and wondering if the 650mah will get me through a day. I burn maybe half a pack a day now.

I was thinking Type A atomizer for Type A cartridges to experiment with flavors or maybe dripping is better for that?

Will get a tank as well for when I figure out what I like. Just not sure if it should be an atomizer or clearomizers. The Atomizer just looks easier to me but it looks like people are split on what they prefer.

What else should I pick up to start? Worried I’ll run out so looking for about a month supply o-stuff. I’ll source it all locally.
Not sure if I’ll order online but it may be bifacial to see them in person visiting one of the local stores.

Thanks in advance for any and all help! Dave

Regzzz

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2009
NCR, Canada
Hi Dave. Well I'm sure you could receive lots of different advice on what to get for your start.. I will only tell you what have worked for me. (been smoke free for just over a month now)

I think starting with ego c. Is good. That's what I started with. I got the 1000mah battery because it was not that much more expensive and I didn't mind the extra length. Got some spare cartridges also. I ordered everything online and was quite surprised on how fast the stuff got in. I soon there after ordered some vivi nova tanks. They work great on juices that are not too thick.

I think you are safe just trying out the ego-c to start just to see if you like it. There is a lot of good info on these forums. Lots of opinions and experienced people.

Be careful not to spend too much too fast. Hehehe. Or you end up with some stuff for the bottom drawer.

Cheers and good luck

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Wiz62

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ottawa
TBH, knowing what i know now, i would order online, yes it is nice to "see" what you are getting but it is MUCH cheaper online. Just to give you an example. I bought an igo-t with 650mah batteries and 2 or 3 30mil juices locally and it cost me approx 130$ (can't remember exactly since it was 3 months ago)

now if you look at the following kit: https://www.canvape.com/product-p/starkit.htm for 50$? makes me wonder why i paid so much! and as mentioned above, i would spring the xtra for the 1100mah's as well.

I have order from canvape a few times now and they have great shipping times (2 days max)

Just my 2cents

Good luck with your purchase.

Wiz

BobAgainstApples

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 24, 2012
Ottawa Canada
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier discussing business in unauthorized area

Regzzz

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2009
NCR, Canada
Thanks man! Just sent you a PM. Got my order from CNF yesterday and loving this vaping!
Haven’t had a smoke in about 20 hours and I haven’t killed anyone! :)
I visited a local kiosk last night… nice helpful people but limited in selection.

wooohooo 20 hrs... that's great man! I'm at 5 weeks now... you'll love the Vivi Nova.. simple and works great! I have 9 of them. 5 of the 2.5 and 4 mini. I notice that they work great with 70/30 Pg/Vg but not so great with the 50/50. (specially if you go a bit outside in the cold) I now rebuild the atomizer head myself.. it's easy and fun to tinker with...

Happy vaping Dave... If you need anything...

mmm I'll have to check that Kanata website.. I like to support locals also.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread