Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Wish people would thing before Titling post.>>> Google searchable - Vapes Exploding :ohmy:

Shorting a Battery in such a way as to, Rapidly superheat causing rapid expansion and Radical Venting of extremely high pressure within a tightly confined space.

Think unexpected Air Bag Deployment plus shrapnel. :shock:

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
99% of incidents are user error and as a result of stupidity also more likely on mech mods as they have none of the safety features of regulated mods. If your using a regulated device and keep an eye on your battery's you'll likely not have a problem.

Yup, and people this happens to buy a mech without doing their homework, then put a cloud chasing build on it without the least thought to what battery they have in it, perhaps thinking a battery is a battery is a battery.

When I bought my first mech I made real good and sure I knew what I was doing with it, and read Baditudes blogs on batteries along with many threads here on battery safety. I've used nothing but mechs for the last 3 years with no problems ever. In contrast I worked with a young man who wanted to get into drippers, and I gave him the one dripper I had having no use for it, and he immediately coiled it for .2 ohm and bought a mech hoping to blow giant clouds. I had cautioned him about batteries, but he ignored me. I'm not sure how that worked out as he's not with us now, but I don't think I want to know.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I don't have any concern for myself because I purchase genuine batteries for my mechanical mod from certified providers, with the parameters and specifications appropriate to power my device or any other kind of electrical devices requiring similar power sources. Resources are available here on ECF, thanks to the great folks who spend the time to review and test several batteries. So, welcome to ECF and be safe!

Reactions: beckdg

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
I love my mech and wouldn't swap it for any regulated but they are for people prepared to put in the time and effort to get the best from them I cringe every time someone new to vaping has one because whoever they watched in a video used one and they have no clue. These days when things go wrong a lot of people don't stop and think what they did wrong to cause a problem so much easier to blame the tools like every bad workman ever plus hands ammo to the gutter level journalists looking to further an agenda :(.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I love my mech and wouldn't swap it for any regulated but they are for people prepared to put in the time and effort to get the best from them I cringe every time someone new to vaping has one because whoever they watched in a video used one and they have no clue. These days when things go wrong a lot of people don't stop and think what they did wrong to cause a problem so much easier to blame the tools like every bad workman ever plus hands ammo to the gutter level journalists looking to further an agenda :(.

THIS! ^^^

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I blame our school system, battery safety in all its forms should be taught in junior high school. There are way to many battery's in life not too.
They do teach the basics... But getting an adult to use critical thinking to apply that knowledge seems to be the issue.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Lets not forget to mention that some of the issue here is also that some people just don't know how to pair up their devices. I'm seeing a lot of these e-cig explosions happening from people that used a direct to battery connection mod, or what they inaccurately call hybrid mod and put a device on it that doesn't have a protruding pin. Lots of pictures out there where they were being used with sub ohm tanks. It's not the sole purpose but seems to be common enough to mention on top of battery safety.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I follow ecig news. There is a steady drum beat of these incidents. Virtually all of them have two things in common. The victims are young men and the device involved is an unregulated mechanical mod. It's not necessary to be a rocket scientist to figure out the rest.

I'm not anticipating ever using mechs. Not worth the risks to me.

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I follow ecig news. There is a steady drum beat of these incidents. Virtually all of them have two things in common. The victims are young men and the device involved is an unregulated mechanical mod. It's not necessary to be a rocket scientist to figure out the rest.

Oh 99% of these threads are troll threads.

They get links to those DOOM articles posted on ECF so they are linked.
The mods break the links ;)
Check the OPs post history.
:)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Oh 99% of these threads are troll threads.

They get links to those DOOM articles posted on ECF so they are linked.
The mods break the links ;)
Check the OPs post history.
:)
But the truth is mods are causing serious injuries but the whole truth is the hazard is easily avoided. If all vaping pwer supplies were equally suseptable to this kind of accident there would be thousands of incidents. It's always mechanical mods in the hands of risk taking young men that we read about. The news business should properly inform people about how to avoid the risk, not scaring people.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
But the truth is mods are causing serious injuries but the whole truth is the hazard is easily avoided. If all vaping pwer supplies were equally suseptable to this kind of accident there would be thousands of incidents. It's always mechanical mods in the hands of risk taking young men that we read about. The news business should properly inform people about how to avoid the risk, not scaring people.

It's not the mod.
It's the batteries that explode when they get shorted by some mental giant using the gear incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread