Vapes exploding in people's faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
It doesn't matter if the short happens in a mod or any other device.

Is simple : if you short a battery with that much oomph, it can - and sometimes does - develop an in-your-face attitude - literally.

Is the same with the electrical wiring in a house. Get a short and watch the fuses pop. Don't know of any building code that allows you to install electrical wiring in any building without fuses and cutoffs. For a good reason. Faulty wiring in a building is still a cause for fires, injuries, what have you. Doubt you'll find tenants if you told 'em that their future dwelling comes without fuses or cutoffs.Yet folks have no problems with wiring up something operated closes to their face without any regard to safety... Go figure.

Seems folk are being grossly misled by the smallish voltages we're running our stuff on in comparison to the 110V/220V found in household appliances.

Seems folk are being grossly misled by the smallish batteries we're using to run our stuff on. Well, it's one instance where size does not matter ;) ... a virus a million times smaller than you can fell you with no sweat...

Vape safe :)

Reactions: beckdg

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Lets not forget to mention that some of the issue here is also that some people just don't know how to pair up their devices. I'm seeing a lot of these e-cig explosions happening from people that used a direct to battery connection mod, or what they inaccurately call hybrid mod and put a device on it that doesn't have a protruding pin. Lots of pictures out there where they were being used with sub ohm tanks. It's not the sole purpose but seems to be common enough to mention on top of battery safety.
I've been on the interwebs researching mech boxes. While searching Youtube for some tutorials, i came across a vid on the topic of 'hybrid caps'. Requiring that the atty 510 pin be just right, and extending. The gentleman showed the 510 on a sub-ohm tank, vs a dripper with a 510. The dripper had the proper adjustable screw to use on this 'hybrid cap'. The tank did not have this requirement. Pin was flush and not extended

Looking at this tho, i'm like 'this is nuts'. You have a little black insulator around your 510 atty pin that is the difference between your atty vaping and your battery shorting out on the hybrid cap and possibly venting. No way, no day!!
I like attys with true hybrid connections. And attys with 510 connections on mechs with center pins on the 510 connection. Why are these faux hybrids even a thing??

Reactions: Cacique

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
99% of incidents are user error and as a result of stupidity also more likely on mech mods as they have none of the safety features of regulated mods. If your using a regulated device and keep an eye on your battery's you'll likely not have a problem.
Regulated no longer gets a free pass.

You have to know what you're doing with them now that they're made so only 2 batteries on the market are safe at their highest output.

And now that they incorporate series circuit cells, a USB charger and no cell balancing.

But ignorance is bliss until go boom...

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I blame our school system, battery safety in all its forms should be taught in junior high school. There are way to many battery's in life not too.
Elementary school.

Parents hand their preschool children devices with lithium cells built in countless times every day.

My 4 yr old had had his own Samsung tablet for over a year now.

My 8 and 11 yr Olds know functions on a hobby charger many users here will never grasp.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Lets not forget to mention that some of the issue here is also that some people just don't know how to pair up their devices. I'm seeing a lot of these e-cig explosions happening from people that used a direct to battery connection mod, or what they inaccurately call hybrid mod and put a device on it that doesn't have a protruding pin. Lots of pictures out there where they were being used with sub ohm tanks. It's not the sole purpose but seems to be common enough to mention on top of battery safety.
Regulated mods are popping up too now.

The gig is up on the scapegoat party.

Now it's just time to sit and wait for people to figure it out.

Tapatyped

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Vesuvius

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
If people would just do research. When I bought my mech, it came with the "kit" batteries. After 10 min of looking up mech mods and coils, I had all the info I could need. I used the kit batteries for a couple days, staying well above anything sub ohm untill my VTC4's came in the mail. Only after that and some more browsing did I get into sub ohm. I can never fiqure out why so many people, who use smart phones and tablets all day, dont do research before buying and using something. I dont buy anything without reading reviews, doing research an so on. 10 min research online and I new exactly what I needed and what to avoid to run a mech and go sub ohm safely.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
...I can never fiqure out why so many people, who use smart phones and tablets all day, dont do research before buying and using something...

Me neither, but I think they're probably the same people that start the seventh or eighth thread about the latest battery vent or political/media commentary without even scanning recent posts, let alone searching a key word or two first.

It's crazy, I tell you.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Oh 99% of these threads are troll threads.
    fan-autotune-rage-face.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread