Vapes on a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonexistentman

Jun 1, 2015
I dont see why this keeps coming up...is it really that big an issue? I dont find it that hard to go 5 or 6 hours without vaping. I just put it in my checked luggage, its not worth it to me to make a hassle for TSA and myself, have them confiscate my mod, take it apart and destroy it, or have to leave it or miss the flight or something...I just put it in my luggage bag. They dont know what it is, even if they do they dont know it isnt some kind of weapon made to look like a mod, why deal with that?
I have no problem with going hours without vaping. My question was just about whether or not I could take it onto the plane in any way because a friend of mine was told he couldn't take it on because wires were showing.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
It is illegal to vape on a commercial aircraft.

Smoking of electronic cigarettes is already banned on U.S. air carrier and foreign air carrier flights in scheduled intrastate, interstate and foreign air transportation. See 49 USC §41706 and 14 CFR Part 252 (Part 252). Nevertheless, we plan to further address this matter in a notice of proposed rulemaking (sic) that would amend the existing general regulatory language in Part 252 to explicitly ban smoking of electronic cigarettes aboard aircraft. –Susan Kurland, Asst. Secretary for Aviation and International Affairs, USDOT, June 17, 2010.
Thank you. Aren't planes the first place they banned vaping in public? Why aren't more people aware of this?

Nonexistentman

Jun 1, 2015
Thank you. Aren't planes the first place they banned vaping in public? Why aren't more people aware of this?
Like I said, this was just a question about whether or not I could bring a vape on the plane or in my luggage. There are signs on the plane and in the airport saying that smoking isn't allowed, so I think people already know not to vape.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Like I said, this was just a question about whether or not I could bring a vape on the plane or in my luggage. There are signs on the plane and in the airport saying that smoking isn't allowed, so I think people already know not to vape.

Several non-smoking airports permit Vaping in the terminal. They reserve the right to ask you to stop if it bothers anyone; so, keep them clouds small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread