• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VapeXpo2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I would like to recommend the Expo be moved from Ann Arbor for two reasons. The Anti vaping legislation of Washtenaw County and a location more suited to the event. Multiple rooms for the exhibition were a hassle and the parking was non existent. It would also be a great "show of force" to our State legislators. I would think somewhere in the Lansing area would be even more centrally located than Ann Arbor. Any thoughts or other proposed locations?

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
One thing to note is that the VapeXpo in Ann Arbor is not related to the NJ event and has run for four years. VapeXpo 2015 was a fund raising event to help The Vaping Militia fight for our right to vape. It has always been a free event to attend. I chose to make a donation to The Vaping Militia, but that was my choice after checking in to the meet. I believe one of the reasons they returned to that hotel is specifically their vape friendly management.

The Vape Expo NJ required a "club membership" fee to enter, and was managed by an entirely different group of people. They just adopted a very similar name to the original.

I'm pretty sure the Ann Arbor VapeXpo volunteers would want vapers to know the difference.

Reactions: VapieDan

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
One thing to note is that the VapeXpo in Ann Arbor is not related to the NJ event and has run for four years. VapeXpo 2015 was a fund raising event to help The Vaping Militia fight for our right to vape. It has always been a free event to attend. I chose to make a donation to The Vaping Militia, but that was my choice after checking in to the meet. I believe one of the reasons they returned to that hotel is specifically their vape friendly management.

The Vape Expo NJ required a "club membership" fee to enter, and was managed by an entirely different group of people. They just adopted a very similar name to the original.

I'm pretty sure the Ann Arbor VapeXpo volunteers would want vapers to know the difference.

I believe you misunderstood the nature of my comment. The Ann Arbor and New Jersey events are not related other than the fact they are both vape shows. My point is ALL show promoters take great pains to ensure all Is have been dotted ant Ts crossed when it comes to anti vaping ordinances. Washtenaw County has an indoor ban. Will they show up and close the show or ticket participants? Besides the revenues generated should go to vape friendly communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread