Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I've had good results with the Aspire BDC's with Boba's and Strawberry Cooler, but I haven't got too much recent experience with other store-bought atty/carto/clearo types. Clearomizers with a top-coil design tend to not work well unless modified in my experience and bottom-coil ones are hit or miss, in general (for example, the Vapeonly BCC tanks worked well, but only after removing just the right amount of the wick material)
Personally, the best results for VG juice is bottom-feeding, dripping or rebuildable attys (never found a rebuildable of any type that my thickest juices didn't work in when built right)

Utew

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Eugene, OR
I have Boba's in both a carto tank (IBTanked w Smok or Ikenvape 2-hole punched) and a Kanger ProTank2 (with a flavor wick removed, both of these systems are providing (me) good flavor and vapor.

Kanger ProTanks and Minis and T3S's all work with Boba's, but I have to stress that I have to remove a flavor wick (or part of a wick) for those tanks to wick fast enough not to provide burnt tasting hits. The unfortunate side effect of these bottom coil Kangers, is that when you start removing wicks, you stand a 50/50 chance of flooding/leaking issues.

Carto tanks are the most trouble free with both Boba's and GJ, for me personally.

Last edited:

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
Gorilla Juice currently loaded up in a ibtanked halfling carto tank. I also use it in a protank from time to time, and haven't had to remove any flavor wicks. I don't know why others have issues with the protank and bb or gj, but I don't, maybe I'm lucky lol.

Flavor is by far superior in a carto tank though, imo.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
Boba's and Gorilla in a rm2 on a reo grand. Using a micro coil with a cotton wick. And my ADV, Hype in a ZAP with ss mesh.

I cannot use Boba's or Gorilla in my RBA's (ZAP)because of the juice darkening, but this does not happen on the rm2. This drives me crazy, but is a normal occurrence.

I couldn't vape gorilla juice in my rm2, it would lose flavor well before the bottle ran out of juice. Gj gunked the coil really fast, and you know how after vaping a tank for awhile the juice gets dark and flavorless as the coil Gunk's? Well I think that every time I squeezed the bottle to wet the wick in the rm2, the extra juice that goes back into the feedtube was that flavorless crap after being contaminated by touching the gunky coil, ruining the rest of the juice in the bottle as it kept making it's way back down to the rest of the juice in the bottle.

Idk if that makes sense in the way I explained it.

Basically a fresh wick in the rm2 and a fresh bottle of juice is Bliss, but about half way through the bottle it becomes flavorless, even if I change to my other rm2 with a fresh coil, leading me to believe the juice gets ruined (it even loses its scent). Gorilla juice isn't the only juice that has done it to me.

That's why my REO's and reomizers sit untouched for long periods of time. I love em, but its frustrating.

Manny

Rymarski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Chicago
I couldn't vape gorilla juice in my rm2, it would lose flavor well before the bottle ran out of juice. Gj gunked the coil really fast, and you know how after vaping a tank for awhile the juice gets dark and flavorless as the coil Gunk's? Well I think that every time I squeezed the bottle to wet the wick in the rm2, the extra juice that goes back into the feedtube was that flavorless crap after being contaminated by touching the gunky coil, ruining the rest of the juice in the bottle as it kept making it's way back down to the rest of the juice in the bottle.

Idk if that makes sense in the way I explained it.

Basically a fresh wick in the rm2 and a fresh bottle of juice is Bliss, but about half way through the bottle it becomes flavorless, even if I change to my other rm2 with a fresh coil, leading me to believe the juice gets ruined (it even loses its scent). Gorilla juice isn't the only juice that has done it to me.

That's why my REO's and reomizers sit untouched for long periods of time. I love em, but its frustrating.

Manny

Chiwen I definitely know what you mean. Boba's and Gorilla are coil killers. They gunk up anything super fast and if your using SS mesh in an RBA such as a genesis where tilting is a must, the darkening will drive you crazy.

My suggestion to you with the reo is a micro coil and cotton wick. If you are using this setup what I usually do is a dry burn every night or every other night. I was worried about the darkened juice falling down into the fresh bottle, but so far this has not been the case. Usually i'm running a 8-9 wrap micro with organic cotton. Make sure to put in as little cotton as possible, because the more you stuff in there the longer the juice will pool on the top and cause darkening.

Out of all the setups I have had, a micro coil with cotton on the rm2 has been the most optimal setup for vaping Boba's or Gorilla. This juice is heaven's nectar, so thus the reason as to the complications it causes on any device ;).

Last edited:

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
Chiwen I definitely know what you mean. Boba's and Gorilla are coil killers. They gunk up anything super fast and if your using SS mesh in an RBA such as a genesis where tilting is a must, the darkening will drive you crazy.

My suggestion to you with the reo is a micro coil and cotton wick. If you are using this setup what I usually do is a dry burn every night or every other night. I was worried about the darkened juice falling down into the fresh bottle, but so far this has not been the case. Usually i'm running a 8-9 wrap micro with organic cotton. Make sure to put in as little cotton as possible, because the more you stuff in there the longer the juice will pool on the top and cause darkening.

Out of all the setups I have had, a micro coil with cotton on the rm2 has been the most optimal setup for vaping Boba's or Gorilla. This juice is heaven's nectar, so thus the reason as to the complications it causes on any device ;).

You know, I have tons of wick materials in my box, got a bunch of samples from a fellow reonaut. I always thought about wicking the rm2 with cotton but I didn't think it would make a difference. Now I got something to do lol.

Thanks for the tip, I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Happy turkey day everyone.

Manny

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
I use the REO/rm2 and have found I get much better flavor if I use a bed of cotton that the coil sits in rather than putting the cotton through the center of the coil. My current setup is actually 2 coils. One is in the standard position, the second is above the first, and back just slightly. I have a little ball of cotton pushed up against both coils. Plenty of vapor and flavor. I also have the airhole slightly opened up more,

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I've bought many mods over the years. Here are the two I'll always buy, not because they break, but because I can hand off my still-functioning older models. I've had little to no issue with either mod maker and nothing of note on the mods themselves:

REO (Grand, VV, VV Grand, Mini, woods and metal) - Rob has engineered a great mod for handling just about any juice situation.

ProVari (Original upto the newest) - Between my wife and I we've bought 6 ProVari mods, the two newest we use while the previous 4 were handed off to fellow vapers in need.

These two products spit in the face of planned obsolescence by returning to older values of craftsmanship (durability, intelligent engineering with the end-user in mind, quality materials)

My trust in products, when I first get them, is thin. It takes a few years of hassle-free operation to engender a review like this from someone as picky as myself.

skakid812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Texas
I've bought many mods over the years. Here are the two I'll always buy, not because they break, but because I can hand off my still-functioning older models. I've had little to no issue with either mod maker and nothing of note on the mods themselves:

REO (Grand, VV, VV Grand, Mini, woods and metal) - Rob has engineered a great mod for handling just about any juice situation.

ProVari (Original upto the newest) - Between my wife and I we've bought 6 ProVari mods, the two newest we use while the previous 4 were handed off to fellow vapers in need.

These two products spit in the face of planned obsolescence by returning to older values of craftsmanship (durability, intelligent engineering with the end-user in mind, quality materials)

My trust in products, when I first get them, is thin. It takes a few years of hassle-free operation to engender a review like this from someone as picky as myself.

Any other types of equipment you preferred using along the way to those beasts though? I mean, I guess I'm asking if you used anything more simply that seemed to work great like boge cartomizers or evods, etc.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Sticking my nose in here as I just won a bottle through a contest here. Will be my first taste of Boba's, though I've read a lot about it.

I've got EVOD tanks and a Vivi Nova (either of these better than the other? I'm thinking the EVOD, since a top coil would be even slower to wick), on an iTaste MVP 2.0. I'm fairly new to this, so I'm not building my own coils. I'm wondering if adding just a little PG to the juice will help it wick on a BCC? Anyone try this? Or is the mere suggestion of that some sort of heresy? ;)

Any tips would be welcome. I'm pumped to try it, but reading this and other threads has me in fear of a pile of dead coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread